Help, one account, 2 Xbox, if I buy another copy of diablo?

So I have a couple Xbox’s, my wife and i play on separate screens on two separate xbox’s.

She log ins to her separate account and i log in to mine , one of them is the main account that owns the game which is mine. If i just buy the whole game expansion and all for her account will she still have her progress and her own copy ? or will it only have her copy on my account even though she logs in with her own account ( game share i think its called up to two xboxes in one house )

Anyone know ?

Not sure if the same as playstation, but on playstation we can copy our save data to another system to pick up where we left off, especially if we have ps plus we can utilize the cloud for that.

thanks from what im reading is if you have gameshare and you then buy a copy of the game it transfer your save, one comment i saw in google. I Will reply tomorrow and confirm after i do it. So others who might search find this.

As long as you log in with the right account, and both x-boxes are running the game, you should be fine.

It’s a cloud save, so all her progression is in the cloud save. The “save” is tied to the Microsoft account not the xbox. She can login on my xbox, and as long as she uses her MS account all her D3 progression will be sync’d.

Since you two are doing “home xbox” thing ie game sharing, she has to play on the “home” xbox. She, as a non-main account, needs to log in on “home” xbox to use all the games you, the “main account”, have purchased. You can log in on the “not home xbox” and still have access to all games you purchased.

The Live subscription works the same way. So, that’s how you can have 1 Eternal edition and have 2 people on 2 xboxes using it at the same time online.

1 Like

forgot to come back and post.

So yes, It worked!
What we where doing is sharing one account on xbox to both play the game. Her microsoft account and mine and one copy of diablo 3.
I Bought a copy for her, and it copied over all her data to her own copy of diablo.

But we have several xbox’s in the house and kids who play, and my account has alot of the games they play, so hence the reason we needed to to have 2 separate accounts so we wouldn’t keep getting booting out of the main account when one of the kids wanted to play.

1 Like