Help, My friend and I ran into an issue

Im able to see him but he is in app it says. For him I appear offline. I haven’t blocked him or anything. If someone knows about this issue and solve it please reply. Also for me he is still in app.

The status setting in the Battlenet launcher sometimes over-rides whatever you have your status set to in-game. Ensure that neither of you have your Battlenet set like this…

Both of you should ensure this is set to Online.

it is set to online …

Have you two tried dropping each other from your Friends lists and re-adding?

yesi have i tried it

I had this issue a few weeks ago. I got a message from a friend, and they showed as offline in the game, as well as the Battle.net app.

I was surprised because they were asking me a question about their current gear in-game. I asked them if they were set to offline in the app, and they said they were not.

I was not able to request an invite from them because they showed as offline, but they were able to invite me to their game.

We played for a few hours together, and remade game a few times in the course of playing together, also changing who was party leader, and their status did not change.

Then while we were talking in town, after a few hours playing together, he spontaneously showed as coming online, with the normal message that “Player X has come online”.

I do not know why it resolved itself, because we had not been doing anything for the past 10 minutes except rolling gear and optimizing our builds.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. All the other times were in previous seasons, so it is not a new bug.