Help a returning Necro

I haven’t played since… I don’t even remember when… Season 15 maybe? Dunno what they did with my pet speed farm mages build, but it absolutely STRUGGLES in even Nephalim rifts these days. My melee Inarius build seems to do quite well still, and has the damage, though I feel like it’s a bit too squishy to push much past grift 80.

Anyways… How many pieces need to be ancient for the LoD version to pull ahead, and what’s a good speed farm build I can try and work towards?

I can assure you both of the builds you’re trying are simply bad, and you should Google a “proper” build. In case you’ve done already and simply didn’t understand it, seeing that you did find out you should be using LoD, I will explain that you should be dealing damage using Skeletal Mages with the Singularity rune, and look to buff that skill’s damage with a combination of LoD, scythe of the cycle, simulacrum reservoir, reilina’s shadowhook, and krysbin’s sentence. There is not a chance that the mages don’t kill every enemy in torment 16 difficulty in one hit if you have 4 out of these multipliers, and even less is sufficient in my experience. To generate enough essence to maintain Singularity Mages, you should be using a combination of Dark Reaping passive, hexing pants of mr. yan, circle of nailuj’s evol, and requiem cereplate + devour with the devouring aura rune (they have a powerful interaction). The difference in damage from LoD between full ancient gear and non-ancient gear is double damage, and you will soon see that you can easily add more damage to the build if you need it, which again I think you won’t.

Regarding a “good speed farm build” for greater rifts, I’m afraid there is no such thing for necromancers, and you should open a different character to farm XP on.

Sweet, thanks for the reply! I have both a Monk and Demon Hunter that I’ve always had fun speed farming on. What are their respective best speed farm builds, if it’s ok to ask in this forum. I know the Demon Hunter Wastes Hungering Arrow or Bolas build is solid for speed farming. For Monk I feel like my old Sunwuko WoL build is still speed farming like a champ… But if there are better alternative to keep an eye out for, I’d love to look into it.

Build Guides
DH Speed Builds
Monk Speed Builds
Necro Speed Builds