Help a girl please!

Hi all,
I’m not completely new to the game but unfortunately my console broke and I’ve to restart the game.I’ve chosen to be a Wizard and I’m currently level 9 on Normal mode.
I’m stuck with the Skeleton King…and I’m almost giving up.
Any help on which weapon and what to do?
thanks
Rossella

There is no specific weapon to use that low level. Just use weapon with highest damage. Two hand weapons have way more damage then One hand weapons. You should be able to kill Skeleton King on normal pretty easy.
If you feel week, just go kill some enemies and they will drop yellow items probably and equip them.
When you get an item and hover with the mouse above it, at the bottom of that items there are some green or red numbers that say for example:
+10% Damage
-1.2% Toughness
+2.3% Recovery
If it is + number and it will be green and you will be getting better damage for example. At low level just use such weapons that give you better damage so you can kill faster. And have fun exploring :wink:

Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with consoles. But, at Level 9, visit any Vendor that has “Fence” in their description (when you mouse-over them, or whatever you do on console). I believe at Level 6 or Level 7 they get a Jewelry Tab. Check for Amulets and Rings have a Damage range. Purchase and equip them if you have the Gold.

If you’re in Campaign Mode, you’ll be limited to the “Fence” Vendors you can visit. In Adventure Mode, check the Fence in each Act before purchasing, and get the best ones you can afford. Act III and Act IV have the same Vendors, obviously. So, you only need to check Act I, Act II, Act III and Act V.

Note: Two of the same Ring purchased from a Fence Vendor can be equipped. (The only items I know of that can do this). Also, Vendor items cannot be salvaged. So, when you’re done with them, just sell them.

Skeleton King

• Try to attack him from a distance. His most damaging attacks are Melee attacks.
  • Watch his attack animation. Once he starts, he must finish before starting his next attack.
  • If he summons Skeletons, kill them quickly if he’s not in Melee range. They may drop Health Globes. If he’s not in Melee range, try to concentrate your attacks on him. Hopefully, you’ll take out Skeletons as you do.
  • Sometimes the Skeleton King will teleport to a corner of his room. Continue attacking him and watch his animation. As soon as it starts, he’s about to teleport back to you and pummel you with his Mace. Move out of the way and when he finishes teleporting, continue attacking him.
  • Only use your Health Potion if you’re reduced to 1/3 of your Life. Hopefully, it will be off Cooldown before you need it again.
  • Try not to run into Health Globes until you need them.
  • Like a boxer: Duck and punch – Duck and punch. Only, in this case, it will be: Kite and attack – Kite and attack.

That’s all I can think of at the moment.
Good luck to you and good hunting!  

If you’re stuck anytime in the game just take a moment to kill some trash mobs to level up, find upgrades or maybe some better runes for your skills. No need to rush through the storyline if you are having a hard time. It’s not necessarily about what time of weapon when you are lvl 9, just find whatever upgrades that have INT and you can zap him out of existence eventually.