Helltooth set bonuses

I’m trying to understand how the Helltooth bonuses interact. Assume 6 piece bonus is not in effect. If I cast Wall of Death (and nothing else) on an enemy, does that enemy take the 2 piece bonus, 3000% per sec, or the 6 piece bonus, 9000%, or combined 12000% per sec?

Also, does the 4 piece bonus provide 60% damage reduction to ALL damage or just from enemies under Necrosis?

Regrading Wall of Death.

The 3000% weapon damage is actually multiplied by the 6p bonus. They aren’t added together.

Example 3000 x 90 = 27,000

So WoD itself, when you have the 6p bonus will be doing 27,000% extra damage.

In regards to the 60% DR via Necrosis, this is active for ALL damage, for 10 seconds after it is applied, not just from the mob it was applied to. Even if the tagged mob dies, it will still be active for its full duration.

So the initial Wall of Death (Necrosis not yet active) will apply Necrosis AND enable the (9000%) 6 piece bonus for a total of 27000% damage.

Necrosis is a DoT, so when I cast Wall of Death, the remaining DoT gets the 6 piece bonus as well?

I realize that in actual play Necrosis will essentially be always active, I am just trying to understand how the set bonuses interact.

Sounds like I will be doing 27000% damage with all the supported skills, including pets, as long as I continue casting Wall of Death every 15 seconds.

Almost perfectly correct.

All the supported skills listed on the 6p bonus will be buffed by 9000% or 90x.

I didn’t state something correctly previously. I got mixed up with Necrosis and Wall of Death, thinking they were the same skill. It’s been a little while since I played HT, apologies.

To calculate Wall of Death’s buffed damage, just multiply the tooltip number on the skill/rune by 90. Please disregard all previous info, I missed a decimal, so the damage is actualy 10x what I previously stated.

Ahem… ok so the correct info…

Necrosis is a DoT as you said. It is not buffed by the set, it is just a flat 3000% weapon damage. You can apply this with any of the listed skills in the 2p bonus.

All Necrosis will do is tick its damage, slow the affected monsters and begin the 10 second timer for your 60% DR buff.

Now, only Wall of Death will activate your 9000% damage buff for 15 seconds for all the listed skills, it’s not connected to Necrosis other than it being able to apply it.

So you can safely ignore the Necrosis damage at higher GR’s. Your other abilities will be doing 100+ times the damage after factoring in supporting legendaries.

So in summary…

Casting Wall of Death:
Will activate your 6p (9000% or 90x) damage buff for 15 seconds whenever you cast it, and will also apply Necrosis (for a flat 3000% WD p/second + slow) activating the DR buff when it hits a monster.

Any listed skill will activate the Necrosis/DR buff… so if your Gargantuan is hitting stuff, it should pretty much be up anyway.

Sorry for the Wall of Text, but I didn’t want to leave anything out.

Hope it helps.

3 Likes

EUREKA!

As the song goes… “I can see clearly now”.

No apology necessary. Your lengthy description is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks for your explicit explanation. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated!