Hellcat Waistguard questions

The belt lets grenades bounce addition times but the part I’m most intrigued about is the one where it increases to 800% more damage on the final bounce.

I’m a little bit confused as to what the final bounce is. Let’s say you fire 5 grenades, each one bouncing 1/2/3/4/5 times. Is the final bounce their respective numbers (1/2/3/4/5)? Or is it always the max number of times on whatever your belt says?

Now I have another question. Technically wouldn’t the lower amount of bounces be better than a greater number of bounces? Because the bounces are so erratic, the more bounces there are the higher the chance the grenades just scatter some place else.

ideally you want a perfectly rolled ancient with 3 bounces, not 5 for the exact reason you stated (random/erratic bounces)

Grenades get a chance to bounce, which is ~50%. If a grenade bounce, it bounces as many times as the belt says, unless it falls down in the abyss (or hits a wall?).

However, the description is not 100% correct, as the last bounce doesn’t deal 800% more damage, but only 700% more (which is 8 times the damage, or 800% damage), so the 5 bouncing grenades deal 150% + 200% + 250% + 300% + 800% = 1700% damage, or 150% + 200% + 800% = 1150% damage with 3 bounces.

This discussion is as old as the legendary effect exists. 5 bounces do deal more damage in an optimum setup, where no grenades get lost during bouncing. This requires open maps and a very high mob density, paired with a RG with a huge hitbox (like Ghom?) at the end. As fishing is already quite annoying, the belt puts another layer of RNG on top of it, so most competitive players prefer 3 bounces, afaik.

2 Likes