Healing potion dops in greater rift

I have had this problem for a while. I use one of the other healing potion and (without any reason) this potion drops to the ground … when I play bounties or rift and greater rifts. I am still fighting against the incoming enemys / monsters and suddenly the potion falls to the ground.
I do not use at this moment the healing drink or nearby the slot in the tool bar at the bottom of my screen.

It’s not a bug, just an annoying oversight on the devs part. The potion needs to be locked in place, but they never got around to doing that - players have been pleading for years to do something about it.

Only thing is to be careful where your mouse pointer goes. In the middle of combat, during wild mouse swings, it is possible to accidentally grab the potion and pull it out of it’s place. Super aggravating to be sure, but it’s not a bug.

Just be careful, that’s about all you can do.

5 Likes

yeah but u can pick it up`again the only problem is u would not be able to requip it untill u finish or close the gr, but is not a bug

When you enter a GR you cannot alter…

• Your hero’s equipment
  • Your hero’s abilities
  • Your hero’s runes
  • Your hero’s passives
  • Your hero’s paragon point allocation
  • Your follower’s gear
  • Your follower’s abilities

In other words, the clear intention is that once your hero enters a GR absolutely everything should be locked and unchangeable. That should include your potion. The fact that’s the only thing that isn’t locked, when it clearly should be, is the bug.

3 Likes

indeed you cant change equipment in grs or change anything in the inventory, but the potion its not in the actual inventory, i dont think its a bug, maybe they forgot to add that place, a game bug or glitches or defects are an unexpected result from the code used in the game build . Right from missing visuals, crackling sound, undesired motion to stopping the player to proceed further in a stage, game bugs can largely impact the overall gaming experiences, this doesn’t looks like an error/ bug/glitch or some other unintended behavior, more like they forgot to add those codelines that lock up ur potion slot from being changed inside grs

Well said. I agree 100%.

I think you meant: “u can’t change…”

You cannot change your Skills during a Greater Rift. Your Skills are “equipped” on your Action Bar.

A Legendary Potion is equipped on your Action Bar. Therefore, it should not be able to be removed during a Greater Rift. (And Boss fights for that matter. Whether they’re Adventure Mode, Bounty Boss Fights or Campaign Mode Quest Boss Fights).

Whether or not this is considered a game bug…   well…   I guess Blizzard is not that concerned about it.

Some of us tried to report this during PTR Patch 2.6.4 when Blizzard changed how Potions work. But, so far, Blizzard has made no efforts to alter this behavior.

Has anyone tried testing this:

1. Drop the Legendary Potion in a Greater Rift.
  2. Pick up the Legendary Potion. (Now in your Inventory).
  3. Right-click the default Potion on your Action Bar to see if you can select the Legendary Potion.

It will probably be grayed-out, but I am curious. (I doubt if I will test this since I’ve never had this problem).

1 Like

Since potions used to be in your inventory, and your inventory was locked in GRs shows that your potion was always intended to be locked during GRs, just like every other part of your build.

When they moved it to the belt, they simply forgot to lock it. That is why this is a bug.

Potions were always locked before, and there would be no reason to unlock them since you can not change between potions in GRs.

Yes. You can not add your potion back to the bar. The most you can do is pick it up and re-equip it after the GR ends.

3 Likes

And that’s why I said I agree with that. All I meant was Blizzard does not seem to think it’s a bug. Or, at least, they haven’t done anything about it.  

exactly after all this time, they dont consider this as a bug, so why should i do, i think its just a missing part in the code rather than an unintended error, its not game breaking, just annoyng feature, blizzard has fixed little bugs, but not this one

Your post is very confusing. First you say that Blizzard thinks it is not a bug, and that you agree with them.

Then you say that blizzard has fixed many bugs, but not this one, which implies that both you, and Blizzard think it IS a bug.

What are you trying to say?

I think it IS a big, and that Blizzard thinks that as well, but they have chosen not to spend any money on fixing it.

what i mean is this is a minor “problem”, not a bug, nor a feature, something in between, like somethignannoying that just happens… u wont get banned by exploiting “it”
i think its because the potion slot despite is in the skill bar its not a kill itself, i mean u can open the skill menu and drop away any skill and get rid of it, like a potion, also, the when inventory is locked in a gr aswell the skill bar, the potion its not locked up, because i think it is in a grey spot, its not a skill, also is not in ur inventory itself, and thats why u can drop potions, its not a bug for me, just a weird grey thing that they wont bother on repair

1 Like