Healer + thorns necro

Hello.
I need a help how to behave when I play healer with thorn necro.
When to stay on boss, when to stay behind.
Thanks, M

This is referring to meta 4 man. Depending on what kind of thorns necro you are with, the play-style may vary. All in all, if you are able to handle being with a pure thorns necro, you should be able to handle being with a hybrid thorns necro.

Pure thorns necro requires solely on rift guardians to hit their skeletons to proc thorns damage. In this case, the monk or barb should avoid stunning/freezing the rift guardian and should not be close enough for the rift guardian to be able to hit them. Rift guardian hitting supports = no damage done onto skeletons = no thorns = wasting time. Also, you will need to familiarize on the attack patterns of all the rift guardians. Some guardians does massive aoe attacks (some aoe attacks procs thorns when it hits the skeletons and some does not proc thorns even when hit) (also in this case, it doesnt matter if the supports are near the rift guardian) and some rift guardians only performs single target attacks (see mentioned above).

Additionally, other rift guardians require more complex movements from the entire team to trigger certain attack moves/patterns, to teleporting rift guardians after it has spawned additional minions (minion hinders stricken stacking).

The rest, figure it out in-game. If the necro knows how to play, I assume he does, he should in a way tell you what are the do’s and don’ts, if you are messing up.