HC Barb Build Question

Hello,
I am looking for some explanation on the barb builds that top the current HC solo overall ladder.

My main toon is WIFISUCKS (yes I died twice when my wifi lagged on me out - hence my name :slight_smile:) I want to understand why the top builds are what they are.

I am using the Crimson set with a RROG, Lamentation, and Ambo’s Pride in the Cube.

Because of that, I lose the Channel of Mantle buffs (25% damage and 25% damage reduction.) I also lose the CoE ring buff. 200% enhanced damage for 4 seconds every 28 second cycle (so an average of 200%/7 elements = 28.6% enhanced damage)

In total, I see it as a loss of 53.6% damage and 25% damage mitigation.

However, in wearing Crimsons, I gain 34% damage reduction form my cost reduction and 59% enhanced damage from my cool down reduction.

This seems better to me but at the some time, no one is wearing Crimsons. What am I missing? Thank you in advance.

The problem with Crimson’s set is that it requires RoRG. You miss out on the 3rd ring:

• Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
  • Band of Might
  • Convention of Elements

The builds you are seeing at the top of the Leaderboards works on a few other things:

• Area Damage/Critical Hit Damage
  • Minimal requirements for Cooldown
  • Stun effect and gathering from Ground Stomp

So, in other words, the 3rd ring (Convention of Elements) that does massive damage.

Crimsons are not good for low paragon builds. If I were you I would take Sherwin advice and stay with the full set of Waste and 3 ring build.