Happy 9th anniversary D3

9 years this weekend and no acknowledgment from Blizzard on the forum. Thank you for 9 years. :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

6 Likes

Blizzard acknowledged the anniversary on twitter:

Diablo on Twitter: “Thank you for the pleasure of slaughtering you throughout these infernal years. #DiabloIII https://t.co/dHdOrjzVrS” / Twitter

Also, it is the 9th anniversary.

3 Likes

Nothing on the forum nor on Battlenet. Maybe they will do something special on the 10th. :point_left:

4 Likes

It’s the 9th anniversary, not the 10th. Nothing really special about it.

You missed out 6 more of these: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

1 Like

I happily say NO to social media.

This forum, discord and IRC are the only social media I’m involved with.

Blizzard using twitter or Facebook to make their major news does no bother me at all.

2 Likes

I remember so vividly downloading the demo (is that even a thing these days :laughing:) before launch and all the way to the Skelton King. Can’t believe it was so long ago!

1 Like

I believe it was called the beta and it only went to Skeleton King.

but so cool to try out the different classes.

So long ago.

Boy how this game has changed and got better and bettor.
That is my opinion.

The best money I ever spent for 9 years of entertainment.

6 Likes

No, this was after the beta. It was an actual demo:

give us double bounties! cmon blizz!

I played D2 100% solo and used the Arreat Summit as my guide.
I did not realize how large the Diablo community was until D3.

What is special about the 9th anniversary??

I checked Diablo Reddit and thanks god that they didn’t acknowledge the 9th anniversary D3 there or else, the joke about how they dislike the official forum will be the reality. :rofl:

1 Like

Why do they dislike the official forums, exactly?

They spent more time posting important information at reddit than at the official forum.

4 Likes

Oh, you’re just talking about the demo anyone could download like WoW’s demo for years.

I thought you were talking about the beta before D3 every came out.

That open beta won me over. Preordered the collectors edition immediately after playing it.

1 Like