Hammerdin Build maxed out?

Hi,
I am following the hammerdin with blessed hammer and seeker of light build, from icy veins.
I’m maxing out at about GR80.
Should I switch builds (If so, any recommendations?) or can I modify/add to what I have now? (How can I share my current build?)

Thanks

So, you waited a whole seven minutes after posting this to ask the same thing on EU? I thought this looked familiar…

I am playing in the EU region, and I realized people here can’t see my profile (or am I wrong?), so I just posted in the relevant region.

hammerdin can go to like 110 without too much trouble. It’s just outdated and clunky. at least for me. But with captain crimson, some creative cubing in season 20, it can go a lot higher than 80.

Your profile crusader was on HF AoV build when I checked 15-16 hrs ago. And it still is.

We don’t know what your SotL BH set up is, but as the other guy said, albeit in a different manner, there is no way you got stuck in gr80 with IcyVeins’ guide.

I often play non-top builds for fun, and general pattern I noticed is that, what IcyVeins posted as ‘high tier’, you could go around 100-105. What IcyVeins posted as ‘mid tier’, you could go 95-100. ‘Low tier’, didn’t check yet, and I assume with ‘top tier’, you could go 105-110. This is with no augments btw, and around 1000 paragon. Of course, this varies depending on how good a weapon, multiplier you got and what the seasonal theme is, but I still stand by it as a general idea.

You should at least be able hit 100 with Blessed Hammer build unless you’re missing some gear or not using certain spells in your rotation (again, no augment, at low paragon).

Oh yeah, fun side story. At season 18, I tried out Cleave build. I hit gr83 with it, but I’m speculating the wall is gr85 (with no augment of course).

Thanks for the reply.
I changed to AoV to check it out. I definitely did a lot of damage, but hated the slowdown due to stone gauntlets, also had trouble controlling resource management.
Anyway, I reverted back to hammerdin for now, I’d really appreciate it if you look at it and tell me what you think.

Thanks

Crusader has a lot of great builds. Hammerdin really isn’t one of them. Check my profile for a few of them
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Apache222-1831/hero/107844787
Plus there’s invoker also (I don’t have one atm)

lol. I remembered why I hated Blessed Hammer build so much and tried to stay away from it; dang too squishy for my taste.

I did some testing on my non-season crus (on my season crus, I scrapped all the hammer related stuff - reason stated above), and I would definitely tweak some from IcyVeins guide.

But as Apache222 said, there are better crus builds out there. Unless you specifically want to play SotL BH build, I’d also suggest going for a different build.

As for my tweak,

1. Captain Crimson set
  2. Laws of Valor (Unstoppable Force) - Cpt. Crimson set makes this a damage reduction tool as well.
  3. In place of Sacred Harness(belt)'s effect and Provoke, I went Shield Glare (Zealous Glare) - for Blind and wrath regen. - needs further testing
  4. Never preferred Iron Skin (Flash) in lower gr, so went with Steel Skin rune instead.
  5. For cube, I’d say Faithful Memory, Hammer Jammers is mandatory. For the last slot, I went Zodiac (being non-season) and wore RoRG - can differ for seasonal char

That’s the test I did so far. Cleared gr85 in 7 min (90 in 8 min) (95 in 11m30s) I don’t know about your standard, but that’s not a level I’m proud of. But considering gr80 was the benchmark, I still find it satisfactory for now as I think it went more smoothly compare to IcyVeins’ version in terms of gameplay and resource management. Plus, my gears were trash (as I didn’t focus on collecting it), but I did have higher paragon than you. If I get used to its playstyle and get better weapon, multiplier, I believe I can make it to 95-100 (no augments).

If you still want to play Blessed Hammer build, I suggest you focus on the bold part I made above. From my set up, I didn’t have any resource problem. So instead of Zealous Glare rune, Divine Verdict rune can be an alternative. (Zealous Glare still preferable). For the cube, I was forced to put either Zodiac or RoRG in it. But with the season theme, you can still cube the belt, wear both Zodiac and RoRG, wear a different amulet, get Provoke back instead of Shield Glare, test around stuff.

Good luck.

I think I’m gonna test couple of times more than leave it.

If they click on your name and choose View Profile, it’ll take them to the US Armoury site, which will show that you don’t have any heroes…
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/razidan-2462/

However, all they’d have to do is change the us to eu in that URL to get to…
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/razidan-2462/
…and they’d see your heroes just fine.

I’m also on EU, by the way.

Hello…
Why are you using Falling sword on the shield?
I guess its better if you roll that into CC.

On your weapon, since you already rolled damage, you can try to roll that to Holy damage, so you can benefit better from the Holy cause.

Try to find a glove with both CC and CD…