Hacking makes this game unplayable

I created a forum account just to come in here and vent: I’ve been trying to play the game the past few days using matchmaking but get joined by hacked characters with crazy amounts of sockets in gear that can’t take sockets belts with a socket? Weapon with 3 sockets?!

I know seasonal toons can’t be hacked on xbox, but I just want to refine my crusader’s gear by playing multiplayer outside of seasonal play.

I matched a lot of games where players were clearly cheating their gear. Can Blizzard not do something about this? Their game is completely unplayable on xbox 1 outside of seasons. Surely this is breaking some service level agreement with Microsoft?!? I reported 30-odd people in less than an hour out of pure frustration. The fact that you can report them for cheating from the xbox’s homescreen should be a sign that this game’s terms of service with Microsoft is purely broken.

Do something! Put checks and balances in on gear that if it breaks a minimum threshold of a stat / slot it bans the item or player. Or at the very freakin least have these characters join eachother and stop buggering up the game for everyone else who plays the way it was meant to be played.

Get your act (pun intended) together ffs - I’ve been addicted to your franchise since I was in high school. This is just stupid - clearing a 150 grift in less than 4 minutes?!

Comedahellonman. Fix this.

3 Likes

From what I understand, and someone correct me if Im wrong, Blizzard doesnt have the authority to ban users on console, either that or the process to ban a console user is just not efficient or cost effective. If this is the case then its pretty self explanatory. However, if this is not the case, then I would venture to guess that since consoles are not what the majority of their base plays on, they don’t get the same amount of attention. I mean take end game for example… PC had massive amounts of end game content meanwhile Blizzard was still on the fence as to whether or not we would even get greater rifts. D3 is actually the reason Im switching over to PC gaming. I was annoyed with smite and a handful of other games that were always a patch or two behind the PC version or just flat out didnt have the same content, but when I picked D3 back up again this season after taking a break, and saw the state of things it pushed me over the edge, and so now Im building a PC because Ill be damned if Im stuck begging for scraps when D4 drops.

Part of that problem is the offline nature of the console. Blizz pretty much won’t do anything about it. Best way to deal with it, is to either play solo, or play with people you trust from here or Xbox groups.

2 Likes

I didn’t even think of the offline aspect… that makes much more sense and fits with my cost efficiency argument… Its just plain not worth it to constantly battle that.

Come over to the PC. We don’t have any cheaters here.

Nope.

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yes you do have cheats “BOTS”.

Guess you missed the winky faces.

5 Likes

Don Im building it as fast as my wallet allows lol… Should be ready around Christmas… bonus is I shouldn’t have to upgrade too much for D4 lol

Time for real talk, that’s not gonna happen for D3, it’s far too late in the game now. Only advice I can give is to not join pub games non season.

D4 is going to be a lot like D3 on PC and games like Destiny on console where character data will be stored on the server which will eliminate this issue.

1 Like

oh no. a bot that farms items that can’t even be traded. i hate HOW MUCH this affects my gameplay.
Oh right. it doesn. At all. Because this is a single player game that’s forced online with 3 other people.

I’m sorry, but you can “hack” on Xbox season, I have already reported this like year or 2 years ago. You can reforge items and get back all used materials when you’re not happy with result.
Same goes for HC deaths, you can recover your character after death.

1 Like

If a tyre manufacturer has an issue with a tyre that a car maker uses should the car maker fix the tyre issue?

No.

Blizzard have released their games offline on consoles and consoles being hacked is the issue…how can we expect Blizzard to fix it?

The issue is the console makers not the game maker. Just like the car manufacturer is not responsible for issues with the tyres.

I wouldn’t necessarily call that a hack, but definitely is an exploit that still exists. But I think it’s small potatoes compared the botting on PC. I don’t know what the OP considers hacked gear, but my definition is the gear with the obscene dmg or armor numbers, weapons and jewelry that have 3 slots, stuff like that.

Agreed, as long as the save is local, there’s really not much Blizz can do. At the time that D3 was released, always online was an unproven commodity on console. I believe Blizz has pretty much said that D4 will be always online with character data stored on the server side, which will resolve this issue.

Simply fix, each next reforge get same results. So you rollback your game before reforging and you get same rolls again for same item type.
Right now it works this way but as long you try to reforge same item you used before, when you have collected many items of this type, you just simply try to reforge next one and it get different results.

But it seems still to be better than PC bots. Since all run with primal or perfect gear, only matter is your time spend and paragons made for ladder.

Thanks for all the replies. Diablo 2 had a prevention that if a hacked character played online, it was screened to see if it’s items were within certain parimeters. If an item broke those parimeters you couldn’t join an online game. And even if you got rid of those items that character was banned from the servers.

You could viciously hack your character in D2 and still play online with friends, but if you logged through battlenetbit would be flagged and banned.

My question is why don’t they just simply do this again?

I can see why console players are so few and far between - with all the hacked toons oit of season it completely ruins the game.

I’m not getting D4 with the state this game is in. They’ll likely find another way to transfer toons and gear and it’s the same situation all over again.

Fact that there is a report optuon for people cheating in any game, tells me izzard is breaking some sort of terms of service agreement by not addressing this. It is ruining the online experience od one aspect of the game for people who have legitimately gotten all the gear the right way.

Well, if anyone heere would like to play legitimately - please send me an invite to Sir Saltybeard. Would be great to play with others who don’ walk through a 150 griftbin under 3 minutes.

Again, offline nature allowed that to happen, with saves made local. If D4 is online only, these wouldn’t happen. Plus no character transfer from one game to another

D4 100% will be online saves like PoE.

2 Likes

The hacking leaves absolutely no reason to play seasons or this game

On Switch yes but Seasons are hack free on XB1 and PS4 and still fun.