H-Bomb by Harnor for Patch 2.7.0

With the Flavor of Time on the Hireling, Hellfire Amulet is back for this build. Ideally, Cooldown and AoE would be stronger than my current Strength and Attack Speed, but I have what I have. Enjoy:

H-Bomb: GR 143

[see all equipment and skills at the end of the run]

–H

3 Likes

Nice clear Harnor.

I hear you about using Hellfire, I also want Squirts.

Here’s what I got to choose from Trifecta (Phys, AD, CDR):

• Flavor of Time: Thorns Secondary
  • Hellfire Amulet: Fanaticism
  • Dovu Energy Trap
  • The Star of Azkaranth
1 Like

Thank you dmkt,

I also wonder if a solid Countess Julia’s Cameo necklace (stats as you indicated) wouldn’t be a viable option. The arcane traps are a serious problem for this build, especially in high density, where you can’t see the ground effects well. Being able to turn incoming damage into healing would allow to camp the oculus circles - that’s 85% damage increase instead of playing a frantic dodging game.

I did Ubers last night, ended up with the same exact Hellfire Amulet, Trifecta with Fanaticism… now I got 2 of them :frowning_face:

Countess Julia is nice because it’s easy to see where you can stand, whereas with the Star of Azkaranth, you have to study the trash, jump into Molten, Mortar, Fire Chains etc.

It seems we think alike. I have been Uber hunting all day today…

I got GR141 last night, barely, it really wasn’t supposed to happen. Took about 50 keys.

I’m still too fragile for Rally. Standing still in the middle of multiple Condemn pulls, with super tight density is more dps than running sloppy pulls from the perimeter with Rally.

GR142 is doable, I suppose Squirts is going to be BIS.

Sweet! And by 1 sec, too. Big congrats!

You have awesome AD on your equipment, btw.

This has got to be the most underrated build in all of D3. How did this not even get a mention in any pre-season guides.

A just question, and a timely one at that. Here is a GR144 run - a nice, clean event with a particularly satisfying massacre via the conduit pylon:

H-Bomb by Harnor for Patch 2.7.0: GR 144

–H

4 Likes

This forum is the center of the D3 universe, not those other places. :laughing:

GR 145. Well, this concludes my triad of runs and officially classifies the H-Bomb as a Tier A build. It gets rough beyond this point, imo. Someone with more patience and skill will have to take over the mantle.

GR 145: H-Bomb by Harnor for Patch 2.7.0

–H

3 Likes

Congrats on the clear! This is definitely an underrated build that has been overshadowed by AoV and A6I2. After watching Harnor’s first clear around the start of season 22, I was left in awe of how much it reminded me of the old school hexing pants hammerdin gameplay that I decided to push it over AoV. I play HC so I had to make some adjustments but the core build kept on surprising me as I figured out how to squeeze more out of it. I played LoD up to GR141 before transitioning to LoN and was able to close out GR146 for rank 1 by season end at around 5.4k para. The build shines over A6I2 in its ability to pixel enemies for area damage, reset cooldowns, heal quickly, and stack stricken. There is a pretty neat section covering the build on maxroll.gg so I’m hoping to seeing more people play this version!

While your real results are impressive (Hardcore at that!), you do understand, that a history of past hero details and achievements - seasonal, hardcore, and otherwise - is actually available on line…and that you, shall we say, aren’t exactly honest with the actual figures (like, any of them, right down to your Paragon level). Also, you didn’t “close out” anything with LoN, nm Gr 146, which doesn’t register as being completed at all.

So as I understand it, this is a variation on LoD Bombs using BH to proc thorns?

Seems very nice to play. I think I want to try it… Impressive times on the clears!

1 Like

Hey Harnor, there might have been some confusion here. Please refer to the NA Seasonal 22 Hardcore boards for the LoN 146 clear details! No offense taken.

Hmmm, this is the link from the official source: Crusader: Overall (Hardcore) - Rankings - Diablo III

Not that it matters in the end, because your finish is amazing! I will be the first one to admit that my

statement has already found that someone. The fact that you are doing this Hardcore is mind-boggling. My internet connection dies so often that I would never clear paragon 1000 without dropping dead.

Importantly, in your build variant you demonstrate the innate power of AD (area damage). I am going to grind some paragons for a week or four and when I get tired, I’ll adjust my build a bit and give it a go using your method. My amulet and necklace will give me 40 more AD for a total of 152.

Question: I have Damage vs Elites on my shield, In your opinion, would you keep it or remove in favor of even more AD to get the 172?

Also…

That is not just a sentimental coincidence. At the time when Hammerdin played that way (and it was my favorite playstyle), LoN Bomb (a.k.a., my least favorite gamestyle) was unleashed. I liked the damage and the Bombardment mechanic on LoN bomb but nothing else. So…I blended the two together into what I then called HaLoN (and later on HaLoD, when LoD gem was introduced). With the new version of the Stone of Jordan and boosts to thorns damage into season 22, HaLoN/HaLoD was reborn as H-Bomb.

Here are some major options mathed out, I would say the Zodiac options are safest due to full time Akarat’s Champ and Iron Skin, requires 68-70% CDR.

My recommendation is to run the variant that you have the best gear and paragon to support.

1. LoN + CoE
Key Items: Bane of Trapped, Sun Keeper, Strongarms
1.93x to trash and 2.51x to elites

Fire: 1x
Holy: 4x
Lightning: 1x
Physical: 24x

Total: 57.9x to trash | 75.3x to elite

2. LoN + CoE + Rally
Key Items: Akkhan’s Addendum, Hellskull, Bane of Trapped, Strongarms,
1.74x to all

Holy: 1x
Physical: 30x (rally every other CoE Cycle)

Total: 57.32x to all

3. LoN + CoE + Furnace
Key Items: The Furance, Hellskull, Bane of Trapped, Strongarms,
1.74x to trash | 2.61x to elites

Holy: 1x

Total: 46.98x to trash | 70.34x to elites

4. LoN + Zodiac
Key Items: Bane of Trapped
1.6x to all

100% uptime of Iron Skin & Akarat’s Champ ~ 3.5-4 bombs per 16 seconds

Total: 48x to all

5. LoD + Zodiac
Key Items: CoE + SoJ
1.1x to trash and 1.3x to elites

Fire: 8x
Holy: 8x
Lightning: 6x (half cycle depending on blocks and zodiac attribution towards Bombardment)

Total: 50.6x to trash | 65.78x elites

6. LoD + Double SoJ
Key Items: CoE + Legacy SoJ + SoJ + Strongarms + Sun Keeper
1.44x to trash and 1.9x to elites

Holy: 4x

Total: 43.2x to trash | 82.08x elites

7. LoD + Zodiac + Justice + Rally
Key Items: CoE

Fire: 8x
Holy: 8x
Lightning: 8x
Physical: 36x (rally every cycle for triple bombs)

Total: 60x to all

Run this with Provoke instead of Condemn AND Laws of Justice for insane toughness, one of the best builds for low paragon or hardcore players.

1 Like

Yea, that link points to ERA 13 for OFF season. Here is the correctly pointed link:

Thank you for the kind words. I will say that when I first jumped into a rift with H-Bomb in season 22, I did not see it coming close to A6I2.

However, in hardcore, where A6I2 must decide between the Hold Your Ground and Indestructible passives (the other 3 passives: Lord Commander, Heavenly Strength, and Iron Maiden being mandatory), LoD/LoN H-Bomb starts to close the gap. Choosing Hold Your Ground grants higher block chance for higher I2 stacks alongside justice lantern survivability but sacrifices the comfort of having an immunity cheat death. Knowing this and H-Bomb’s added survivability, access to pixel pulls and double duration pylons (pre follower buff + flavor worn), H-Bomb was in my opinion a better choice over A6I2 for hardcore. If I had pushed A6I2 that season, I do not believe I could have cleared as high as I did. As a bonus, the top season 22 A6I2 clears on NA softcore were also GR146.

As for your question on elite damage vs. area damage, I would go for the area damage roll easy. Area damage scaling is so overpowered on a build where you can manipulate density with pixel pulls and you already got plenty of elite damage from the SoJ.

_
I have watched all your clears to date and will point out that I play the build differently.

• I only manual cast Bombardment at 8 PM into lightning CoE so that I am not killing too much of my trash and maximizing area damage. With Lord Commander, I can do 1 extra manual cast off cycle. Of course Channeling pylon is the exception here.

• I only cast condemn when needed to so I can save more Zodiac procs for AC and Iron Skin so that I don’t skip out on Reflective Skin snapshots at 8PM lightning. I cast just enough condemns to maintain perma Strongarms uptime on the RG.

• I potion snapshot my Belt of the Trove on every new floor and at the RG. I am super paranoid about it getting desynced so I make an effort to refresh it as much as I can.

• I stop stutter stepping a lot to cover more distance and hit oculus rings more quickly.

I am very glad that you are going to continue pushing the build and believe that you can because I know I can. An option you do have over me is that you can probably sub out your Heart of Iron for Aquila, run Unstoppable Force if you need it to keep it up and then AC - Rally for double bombardment cast on cycle. There is also the option of running squirts for shield pylons and some uptime at the RG!

Try build #7, with 100% sheet block% you should be able to get manual bombs off on almost every cycle, sometimes 5 manual bombs per 16 seconds if you’re meleeing electrified or sitting in the middle of fire chains.

The build is the most safe to play by a margin – honestly, I’ve never played anything so lazy before. I can probably beat my GR141 record (variant #1) in one key, which was hella dangerous to play.

Can one of you explain how this works in more detail? Don’t you need to take damage first before you can take a potion. Exactly why/when do you sync? What does that have to do with the belt of the trove?