[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

Would you augment these alt chests? Or save for the top 1% upgrade?

From left to right, 1) current chest full aug 2) massive ehp upgrade 3) side grade of current chest with better secondary

https://imgur.com/a/cT5mr1D

Id put a 150 in the far right chest. Using the gg Allres/elite reduction/rend is really only needed if your running crimson at high paragon. On top of that the real deal breaker is the fact that the middle is only 10% rend. For core go max damage!!!

Edit: you already have a 150 in the left one. Just stick with that. 4 strength and 1 all resist and better secondary wont make a meaningful difference.

1 Like

Yea I don’t have the spare 150 gems available to aug side grades so I really have to consider it before cubing them. Guess I’ll just keep these extras just in case. Dang life of a hoarder haha.

EU, Season 22, Rank 220 Solo Barb, GR129, Paragon 2004, 21.0K STR…
https://i.imgur.com/zeIazsi.jpg

Equipped weapon 1: The Slanderer
Equipped weapon 2: Little Rogue
Equipped ring 1: Focus
Equipped ring 2: Restraint

Cube Weapon: Ambo’s Pride
Cube Armour: Mantle of Channelling
Cube Jewellery: Band of Might
Cube Wildcard: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac

Associated screenshots of Summary / Records…
https://imgur.com/a/udi4inW

This matches my highest non-seasonal clearance which was done on a Barb with around 4100 paragon. So the 4th Cube slot was essentially worth roughly 2100 paragon to me.

7 Likes

A gif-worthy accomplishment

Well done, MB!

I get the impression you push harder in Seasons (at least, ones that don’t give you a migraine) than you do in Non-Season. Is that accurate?

With the exception of giving a couple of 1-70 boosts and unlocking Adventure Mode for people I don’t think I’ve done anything on my non-seasonal Barb for months, true enough.

When the season theme is something I enjoy, I play the hell out of it. The clearance I posted was as a result of spending under 50 keys though. It was just a case of getting non-bad maps. As you’ll see from the screenshot, map level 2 was Festering Woods and I had a well-placed Conduit on level 1. The clearance was done sub-14 minutes, so I guess if I throw a couple of hundred keys at it I might get lucky enough with maps / mobs / pylons / Hamelin and get a 130 before the season ends.

We’ll see.

Awesome work MB!!! :muscle:t3:

Hello fellow barbs,

So I did 139s season at 29-30k main stat/4.8mn sheet damage w. Crimson set + IB set (no hard pushing just some fishing). I have very nice gear, 140 is doable, as you still feel the DPS.

What I would like to try is physical WW+Aughilds+Ambo/Doombringer in hand for 80% elite damage. Furnace cubed. I know fury management would potentially be a slight issue especially on boss without adds. As for toughness 2nd cube morticks/MoC can be explored. There can be of course some variations to try: IB in particular.

My question is this. Before I craft and waste mats on AA. Did anyone try Aughild’s set instead of Crimson for wwrend barbs? Any thoughts? Pros and cons?

Would like to hear your opinion and ideas.

You would be drastically reducing your damage to trash mobs. This results is even lower uptime on rampage passive. The benefit of 80% elite damage is not worth the trouble. You still will need to rely on a condi to kill elites and your RG kill time will only go down by a few seconds. You need to remember your actually losing damage to 99% of mobs but gaining 80% to the few elites you see. And since your already losing 45% from not wearing crimson and potentially no mantle this build is inferior.

Focus and restraint is the build you should try…

Agreed.

I think if you want to take a crack at something unorthodox you should actually try this:

https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/907448305

Basically, using the F+R setup but swapping MoC for Aughild, and trying to make up the toughness deficit with Stone Gauntlets. I don’t really think this will work - probably too fragile- but it does do a bit more damage than the regular F+R setup.

Thats a build!!! I have never tested guantlets though so I can’t speak to how much defense they really are worth. I am still curious as to why no one on the top page is running FnR? Is there something I am missing? My guess is FnR rings are garbage to get good rolls.

Stone guantlets+aughild vs band of might+mortiks+mantle?

Well there are people with FnR set up on EU leaderboards. At least couple.

I have played and pushed a bit with FnR/Crimson back and forth this season with both achieving the goal at different levels. Also with ambo/doombringer in hand and IB. Different set ups, combinations etc. My feeling they are all capable, there is no clear winner for me at the moment, just no real gamechanger. But i will report back once more for 140.

It’s hard to say this or other variation is better or worse - because in reality WW rend is mostly a trash clearing build (just like its old WW cousin). This is its strength and weakness.
This is why I try to tune it maybe.

Me for example, I personally find F+R actually easier to play as you don’t need to worry about COE timing, easier to set up, get more oculus opportunities etc. more fluid play, has damage output on hand. Crimson requires more structured, timed gameplay, I find it harder to manage. Not vise versa.

As for Ambo/Doombringer + furnace. In to the fray is very noticeable in proper density. Its slower build, but hits like a truck. I would say better rift performance at certain circumstances at the expense of weakness at single target rift guardian (fury problems). More fishy.

What really made the noticeable difference regardless of set up, for me was:

1. stack area damage as much as possible, ie 170%
  2. good FOT, chc/chd/physical
  3. stack secondary physical res
  4. proper rolls as per guide
  5. primal IB weapons with trifecta on main hand

Hello there guys! I’m back playing Diablo after quite some time, been playing this build for a long time, and need some kind of suggestion for 2 swords I have:

1. Primal Little rogue with
    1000 STR, 10% Damage, 10% CDR
  2. Ancient Little Rogue with 1480-1860 damage, 9% damage, 10% CDR, 24% AD.

I would say that the ancient one with maxed CDR and AD should be better for the built.

slightly lower damage, but I guess it will take time to find a primal one with the same setup. Thoughts?

Thanks guys! (This is non seasonal BTW).

Can you not roll AD on the Primal?

Only by getting rid of CDR (and ending up at around 58.5% with Cpt. Crimson variant). :frowning:

So you could roll off strength and make that back in augments? That alone makes it a better choice than the Ancient.

Sorry maybe my message wasn’t clear.

The primal was born with
10% damage
1000 str
1000 vitality and I rolled vitality to CDR.

If I remove CDR to get area damage, I will hit 58.5 % of overall CDR instead of current 62.2 %.

I also always thought that having STR on weapons isn’t really ok at high paragons (around 5650 right now).

Hope it’s more clear

Ah right, I missed that you’d already rolled the Primal.

What AD do you have with/without on one weapon?

Guess you need to work out if you would get more benefit from having one or the other, or having a slightly lower damaged weapon with both.

Around 94% without AD on little rogue, otherwise I should hit 118%.

Ain’t much…