[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

Seasonal Barb on second page

Ok, something weird going on, it was showing me push set, now it changed to T16, I’ll see if I can change it back

Looks like it’s updated again, for me at least lol

Your in a decent spot. It looks like you understand what rolls you need but you just have not seen the drops yet. So your major needs are as follows

weapons-one needs area damage and the other needs a higher base damage roll. Maybe do some bounties to roll those weapons.
legs/boots-you want str/allres/vit on both with armor as well on boots. Keep rolling shards for these slots as they are fairly easy to get.

rings-missing CHD on one area or +damage on the other. Don’t even bother with rings. Big waste of time. Get what you can get by natural drops.

gloves-needs area damage
shoulders- need at least cdr/rend on them. area/rend or cdr/area would give you better results. CDR/area/rend is best but very hard to get.

Flavor of time. just take what you can get. Need at least str/crit/crit/high cdr

2 Likes

I found a new site to use and its looks updated. It shows all regions combined and has top 200 clears for all versions on grifts both season and non. Now I know I want top 200 world clear.
Zeroempathy. org

Yah I saw this in Wudi’s latest video. It’s a great compilation site.

These rankings really highlight how far ahead the elite players in Asia and EU are relative to North Americans. Probably more reflects work ethic and determination than raw skill. Those asians can sure grind!

EU, Era 2020-1, Solo Barb, I’m Rank 872 with a GR125 in 14:01.400
On US servers that would get me Rank 362 which came as a bit of a surprise.

Well, in my case, GR pushes are fuelled entirely by large mugs of hot, black, sweet Earl Grey tea.

3 Likes

Got info on the first couple segments of speeds with H90…

103s (107 equivalent)- Best: 2:47, Worst: 3:40, Average 3:10 (36% more time vs ZR)
106s (110 equivalent)- Best: 2:33, Worst: 4:00, Average 3:29 (16% more time vs ZR)

Next up, 111s (115 eq).

Edit:

111s (115 equivalent)- Best: 3:35, Worst: 5:05, Average 4:29 (equal time vs ZR)

Rough estimate on 115s: about 6:15? (Haven’t recorded these, but have been running them periodically and know they pretty much all fall between 5:30 and 7:00. )

My guess is that the 2 builds will somewhat even out from this point up to the ceiling of what you’d consider “speeds”. ZR is, of course, much better at pushing, since it can leverage so many RnG factors in a good rift.

For anybody interested, there’s video of my last 3 111s here.

Whats the top H90 clear in the world?

138, on the Asia server. As of last week, anyway.

Exactly what I expected!!! Mid tier they will very close until pushes start.

I did some new tests on 110s with ZR as the times are from a month ago.
Results are very close to the same though. Honestly this was 13 runs total and I maybe saw 4 decent sets of maps. The rest were bad so I am happy with the small progress.
best-2:22 worst-3:57 average-2:58

Yep, case closed!

Very low speeds: major advantage ZR
Low speeds: modest advantage ZR
Mid speeds: ZR and H90 about even

I will put together a 115s build and run some today. I don’t think bks will be efficient for me at this level yet. IP will need to be used as well so we will see. Been along time since I have really tested 115 times.

Update of the 115s after 12 test runs. I was kinda guessing these would show some good gains from my previous times. Its been awhile. The build is loaded on my profile is anyone wants to inspect. It is just a modified push build with battle rage-ferocity/IP-bravado. I also switched out my one weapon for more base damage and less area damage.
Best-2:56 new personal record
worst 5:04
average 3:58

I basically run the same build for 110-115 with the following changes:

1. Ambo/EF
  2. FnR
  3. Groundstomp over IP
  4. BOP over Stricken

100-110 I’ll take Squirts/Gizzard which is insane fast.
< 100 BK for the movement.

S20 - GR120 down, 13:27, 1,210 paragon, 16.5K strength, 11/13 lvl 100 Augs.

The rift maps were bad, I was behind the timer all the way through, and I then hit back to back power and lightning pylons at the end which just skyrocketed the progression bar.

Pretty excited to have equaled my highest rift from last season, without the OP season theme.

5 Likes

Nice, bro!

I got the average on my 111s down a little bit, too, though not as far as you did- now at 4:21.

Good job, Phoenix!

1 Like

I have reforged a FoT 330 times now this season and am unable to get a physical damage with CHC and CHD. I had two cold ones already and managed to reforge two more cold FoTs while trying for physical. I am done trying to get a physical one with reforging this season. How good is cold instead of physical? I have a primal azurewrath. The big difference is that my physical has 976 strength on it opposed to 70% CHD on an anacient and 98% CHD normal.

Thanks for the feedback, it’s basically what I was thinking, but yeah, basically waiting for the right rolls to drop.

I did have 15% Rend on shoulders, but I found I was right on the edge of having enough CDR and sometimes found myself waiting for WotB to kick back in. Changed to CDR on shoulders when I augmented the last two pieces of gear, and found I didn’t notice any damage reduction, but I do now have no issues with uptime on Wrath.

Thanks Rage. I was very excited when the boss died and I’d managed to clear it first go.

Took many many attempts last season, even with the OP season theme lol

So two things here. The elemental roll on all amulets has a lower roll chance then any other stat on the item. Then you need the correct element and you need max crit/crit/cdr. It is honestly not worth it. The odds are so remote you could literally just do bounties all day and chances are you wouldn’t get what you want after an entire season. As long as you have crit/crit/cdr plus str/+damage/area are decent options. And 330 times isn’t even a lot. Try finding a good hellfire amulet. I lost count somewhere in the 10k crafts range. 11 primals later FOT came out and ended my sorrow. I would just move your focus somewhere else. As for the cold element. It is completely useless. 99% of our damage comes from rend which uses the physical rune.

Hi Guys, i am a returning barb and on non-seasonal play. Would like to seek some advice here on what gears/setup i should be changing on the rend build for GR pushing, currently my highest is only GR106 clear and i am low paragon 9xx. I am not sure if i should use the F/R rings instead as i am playing non-seasonal. My current setup is on my profile barb Ares. Thanks in advance!

I’m at the point where legit upgrades are extremely rare. Only the following items will move the needle for me.

1. Phys/Crit/CD FOT
  2. AD/Rend/CDR shoulders
  3. AD/Crit/CD/CDR gloves
  4. AD/Crit/CD focus/restraint

Yes… it’s depressing. Obviously the FOT ain’t gonna happen and I refuse to do more bounties, so throw that one out. Between #2-4, from a probability perspective, which one should I be spending all my blood shards on?

I’ve been alternating between shoulders and rings, with equally futile results. I think it makes sense to stop gambling the rings since there’s a high chance that Focus/Restraint will no longer be useful after this season. I don’t even want to think about the odds of rolling ancient quadfecta gloves…

I would suggest aiming for Phys + Crit/CD. I did the math on d3 planner, running through a number of diff FOTs I have, and almost always the Phys amulet comes out ahead due to having its own multiplier which is less diluted since there are only 2 other slots that can roll elemental.

From a pure DPS perspective, Phys + CD has the highest ceiling (for most players) because Wrath will boost your Crit to over 50% even without the crit roll on the amulet. But from a practical perspective, it is slightly easier to play with the 10% crit since it helps heal a bit faster. In any event, the takeaway is aim for PHYS (and crit or CD) on those FOTs!