[Guide] zDPS Support Barb (Season 19)

Hey Basshead, given that Free has stated elsewhere that they’re up to their neck working on their dissertation/hacking demons into a fine paste with a chainsaw in Doom, I’ve taken the liberty of updating the links/embedding the images in the guide. I don’t believe I’ve changed anything but the links and images, but if I’ve made a mess of anything, or there’s something I’ve omitted, please let me know :blush:

Thanks to both you and Free for your hard work on this guide :heart:

1 Like

Thanks so much, Morgan.

Basshead, I’m sorry, I completely overlooked/forgot about this thread! My apologies!

2 Likes

Have a question about cains. Why is cains used instead of bornes?

Everything looks good Morgan thank you for updating the images so they show!

Free no worries my friend its all good. The info was updated so thats all that mattered. The link updates was just cosmetics to have the post look better.

1 Like

Cains actually gives you a bit more xp than Borns. Also the attack speed bonus is better to have cause you charge faster and throw spears faster. You really don’t need the extra life and CDR from Borns if you have the right rolls on your gear.

Gotcha, thanks! Figured there was something.

1 Like

Why Pig Sticker in the starter pushing build as opposed to any other weapon? For the high attack speed? If you don’t have Pig Sticker would you swap in another weapon with 1.5 attacks per second, like Eun-Jang-Do, or do you need to avoid crowd control with this build?

Also wondering why not BK for the move speed and easy fury? For the rat build with high cdr I’d think Messerschmidt’s would be enough without In-Geom. For push I suppose you want IB’s 30% armor at higher levels but until then BK’s speed would be nice.

Just thought I’d seek expert insight on these questions - thanks for the great guide!

For season 22 rats you ideally want to run all the cdr items just to make life very easy. Wear ingeom/ echoing fury and cube messer. This will allow you to drop diamond in helm for more exp. Zodiac,band of might,rorg and hellfire is optional for more exp.

Thanks chris. I was asking in the context of NS where I’ve gotten to P2500 playing solo and putting together zBarb builds for the first time. Pig Sticker is is one item I hadn’t saved.

I guess I’ll just play S22 for now anyway. I saw your comment in the Rend thread about playing DH/zBarb this season. One thing I was wondering after cobbling together my first zBarb build is recommended approach to getting intelligence on gear. Thinking of playing DH for the first time but considering Nec.

Correct. Run full diamond gems and int augments for zbarb. If your running no monk meta you might need some hefty augments to stay alive. When zmonk was part of the meta it made it real easy to stay alive in the pack. Now that healing and shield is gone with a zdh being part of meta. And run as much vit as you can. I play ww zbarb so I can’t comment on raekor specifically.

To collect pieces with int do you spend time playing as an int character?

Is there a guide for ww zbarb? (I don’t see one…)

I usually roll a necro as an alt to reroll pieces to intelligence.

And as far as WW zbarb goes that’s a defunct build and the charge version is the current one.

Here are S22 planners for zbarb.

Speeds: https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/391917545

Push: https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/355238506

2 Likes

No just augment with INT. That will be enough. Maybe after a few weeks of season place a few 100s in gear that has decent rolls. After 800 paragon you start to get super tanky because all your points can go straight to main stat and vit. You will need help staying alive if you push meta real quick.

How high do you play the globe gobbler variant before switching over to the pull build?

I ask because I’ve only played two sessions with the pur variant, and was running 118s at 1000 paragon today with no survivability trouble at all, and I don’t have particularly good gear; few ancients (fwiw) and no augments. Intelligence on a few pieces but not a ton.

If I’d need to switch to the pull build in the early 120s as the guide suggests then I guess I’d have no need for augments or even particularly good rolls on the pieces that are only used in the pur build. Other than curiosity, that’s the main point of my question - planning augments now that I have some gems leveled up.

Globe gobbler is strict if for Rat/Bat runs. That build can go into the mid 120s this season since rats are as strong as ever. The pull barb variant is only for pushing the higher tiers that uses a trash killer and RGK along with support classes.

Thanks. Do you augment your globe gobbler gear or is that guidance meant for the pushing gear? I was thinking I’m supposed to augment for rat runs but I’ve experienced no survivability issues through GR121 so I started to wonder…

There is no reason to augment for rat runs. If you are built properly and running an efficient level you should be taking almost no damage. 2 minute runs is the goal.

1 Like

This 100%. No need to augment.

So I got in a rat run today and one of the rats told me to switch oculus to leoric’s signet. This hadn’t occurred to me, but seeing how fast rat runs go, it makes sense.

He also told me to switch my gem to ruby, which dropped my CDR from 62% to 46%. This caused IP to drop momentarily here and there, I guess when the rats had a kill lapse, but overall it seemed ok. I could optimize the cdr on my gear a bit more, e.g. my scriveners are only 5%, and I don’t have it on my strongarms. I’ve had trouble getting strongarms with radius-2 and 30% knockback damage, as you’d expect, so to try to add cdr on top of that would take some doing.

I keep hitting the 1 key trying to proc obsidian with HC rends - like a phantom limb. :slight_smile:

most guides will tell you to run oculus but it is rarely helpful. Leoric’s is a decent options if you are looking to max group EXP.