[Guide] zDPS Support Barb (Season 19)

Definitely go with Messerschmidts Reaver since that procs off any kills in the group and will greatly help you with cooldowns as you learn the build.

1 Like

I actually only learned this myself after the season had started. Glad its off the group since we don’t actually kill anything. Granted rats are pretty dead now but Messer would be nasty with how fast you kill in rat runs.

Oh man… In my recents solo grind I’ve got an upgrade to the zBarb spec, then when I’ve gone to the cube noticed I was not using the IP Belt in the Cube neither in the Character. That was the reason of the no IP uptime. Colossal fail of my part.
Still, I’m running with Messerschmist’s now just to be safer as I learn the role. TY again for taking your time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can get 75% CDR with Gogok and CC. It’s enough for 100% uptime of all skill. The only disadvantage is that with CC there is no room for Illusory Boots.

1 Like

Anytime! Thats what we are here for! Don’t hesitate to ask anything else as you develop your zBarb skills.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. But probably I wont run CC since is too dangerous (especially for a newbie ZBarb) to get blocked for the mobs.

You can’t be blocked by mobs because you use WW to move.
You can be blocked by walls (elite’s affix) but you can use the potion to brake walls (although there’s a cooldown and you must not have full HP).

At the moment (1800 paragon, no augments, below average equipment) I’m able to pull all mobs on a large open map (Festering Woods) in one place at GR 138 and infinitely stay in the middle of the group. I even can teleport to the town without dying. I have no defensive gems (as to S19 ladder at 150 zbarbs use Esoteric) .

I use CC boots and pants, PoC, MoC, SG, Leoric, Aquilla, Nemesis, Strongarms (cubed), FoT, Oculus, RoRG, BoM (cubed because I don’t have 80 BoM with CDR), BK, Executioner (cubed). I haven’t seen someone else using the same setup.

Im running with the Raekor 4, no WW at all.

I used FS with Raekor in the previous season. In this season I use WW and I think it’s better.

For the rbarb/sader combo I have also been using a WW build and have enjoyed the chiller playstyle. It’s in the d3planner link.

Stone Gauntlets are better than St. Archews.

Setup 1 is better than Setup 2 (much more toughness with SG).

This post was more self-contradictory than the Bible. Praise be.

Probably you just didn’t understand what I wrote. Use SG in setup 1 and don’t use setup 2. I hope now it’s clear.

The wastes set is more a beginner one for someone just learning the build. SAtone gauntlets would be hard to use if you don’t have perma uptime on WotB. Honestly I hope Rat runs fade away here next season. I’ll update the guide big time if this is the case and new speed metas come out.

I don’t use WotB and I have perma IP independent on what I do (even when I don’t hit anything).

P.S. Till now I did GR 148 in 2 players and don’t have any problem with toughness except some RGs (2.5k paragon without augments).

Ah yes I forgot IP also works for Stone gauntlets. I don’t see why you would need that extra armor for rat runs. The DPS should be killing fairly quickly and the zNec should be freezing all mobs. Now using WW for Rbarb/Sader runs then yes I rock Stone Gauntlets on me as the d3planner link shows.

I use it for pushes. It seems it’s better than a standard push build with Furious Charge and a Stromshield.

Do you have a link to this build? I’m new to barb and this sounds very interesting

You may want to check out the 4 player leaderboard (season or non-season) in game, dependent on what you are playing. The preferred build has changed since the initial post in this thread.

The website link for the non-season/season 4 player leaderboard are:
Non-seasons:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/rankings/era/13/rift-team-4

Seasons:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/rankings/season/20/rift-team-4

It is better to look in game so that you can see the exact hero zBarb profile.

In non-seasons, the top players are using H90 (2 pieces), 3 pieces of Raekor, illusory boots, RoRG, obsidian ring, oculus (One of he 3 rings is cubed), Chilanik/Cassius Pride Belts (one is cubed), etc… There are variants dependent on the zMonk.

This has been updated for S21. May make some changes if the speed meta changes but right now it looks like Rats will still exist unless they nerf it more and GoD speeds will be the new hotness. All builds have been updated across the spectrum so please check the d3planners that are there to see what the ideal rolls are.

Free - Please update the links/images/youtube links so they look correctly in the wiki since I don’t have TL3 and unless they give it to me I doubt I’ll be working back to it cause I don’t even know how I lost it in the first place. Thanks homie!

If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will answer as timely as possible. I’m around the forums more these days so I’ll be here to answer.

Good luck in S21 everyone!

3 Likes