Guide To Loot Rate / And Shorter Ladder Season

Yep its a video game like if you want you can R-P walk and everything no one is force to play the most optimal way. I 100% agree with you.

Iā€™m happy to leave the ladder to people who want to play a sorc for 6 hours a day for 2 months before they get to play a bowazon. Iā€™d have a lot more fun in non-ladder slowly gearing up my bowazon and seeing gradual improvement.

That said, itā€™d be nice to have access to ladder runewords. Iā€™d play single player but now characters wonā€™t be wiped after 90 days itā€™d be good to have the server backups and easier access to multiplayer without TCP/IP.

2 Likes

6 hour per day. Mmmh , sorry , but i already have a full time job , no point in having another in game !

I mean ffs , 6 hour per day to have one char properly geared at the end of the season is disgusting. In actual Diablo 2 , droprates sucks , but 90% of the valuable items or runes you can found by trading is duped. If blizzard really stop the dupe , then they better increase the droprates too. Otherwise , the market of trading is going to be a true lottery with an extreme minority of the game population with extremely valuable HR or items , and the rest of the people with nothing , because every valuable items cost too much.

4 Likes

Pepole who put the time will get rich pepole who dont wontā€¦ that how a competitive game should be.

2 Likes

i feel like so many people look back at d2 through beer goggles and donā€™t remember or realize the grind required to get gear, i remember doing countless mephisto /andy / pindel runs grinding gear to trade for the gear i wanted. That said getting a sorc or even any class up to hell and able to farm mephisto with MF gear is not that hard, between 10-20 hours depending on the class, then once youā€™re able to consistantly farm mephisto / andariel you can just spam that for a week or two and you should slowly build up your stash of items, trade away duplicates if youā€™re playing online and you should be fully geared in a couple weeksā€¦ once you get good gear rolling and a nice set of base items you can move to level 85 zones and farm for higher tier items as well, which will take even longer. itā€™s not that hard it just takes time. Its a game, heavens forbid you have to play it to get gear.

2 Likes

I started play diablo 2 lod 1week ago now im on lvl 70. So normal took me ca 5.5 houres Solo also 3 days with 2 houres a day. In nightmare i needed some help from random party guys another 6 houres to get in hell still with 2 houres per day. 12 Houres to reach Hell Difficult. Hell is a bit harder now beginns the grind isnt that hard to play in a party to get to the endgame in less of 2 weeks a few nice runewords easy to find like insight or ghost helps alot. Now you can Calculating With less time you need to reach Hell. Play in a friendly party and it goes really fast.

A lot of us will have hell cleared long before the 40 hour markā€¦ but for most D2 players, hell is where the fun really begins. The issue with a ladder season thatā€™s too short is that clearing hell takes a small fraction of the time it takes to farm for the runes to make some of the high-value ladder exclusive rune words.

D2 is addictive to be sure, thatā€™s why itā€™s so popularā€¦ I was more poking fun at the fact that he decided to use the word ā€œhobbyā€ to describe something that eliminates the possibility of working a full time job or having a family.

Well I cannot afford this time for playing anymoreā€¦ maybe 6hrs a week yeahā€¦ but I have to totally agree with this guy here. What I think most people forget here that there is a gear between Enigma, Infi etc. and a sigons Set! There a very nice runewords like oath and treachery, duress etc for melees or spirit, white etc for casters! There are great nightmare uniques which will make your char highly valuable in hell gaming.
People are very spoiled with the easy items from the bots and dupes that they forget how many beautiful mid tier gear is available in that game!
Let the ultimate gear be owned by hardcore gamers thatā€™s their loan and concentrate on what you can effort!
We have enough games where everybody can get BiS gear without any effortā€¦

What could be considered is that for people playing very long to get the runes they need because they play less time there is actually no way that they make their own ladder rw. They have to trade for it after a few ladders but never can reach their goal by them selvesā€¦

All in all my opinion is that drop rates should stay as they are but the ladder rw should be available in non ladder, so everybody has the chance to reach his goal after maybe not 2-3 months but after 1-2 years.
I never played ladder because there are those ladder only items, I always played ladder because of the new leveling and fresh pvpā€˜s. Starting new again and again kept the game alive :slight_smile:

Everybody would be satisfiedā€¦ hardcore gamers fighting with ultimate gear in ladder pvp after 2 months and rarely playing gamers building their first Infinity after 1-2 years in non ladder

ā€œOnly 6 hours a dayā€

Yeah someone is only out of touch with realityā€¦ which further proves that ladder needs to be extended to 6 months.

3 Likes

You realize 6hours a day for 7 days a week is 42hours which is a full time job?
I am down for 4 month ladder though, 3months I think too short.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll probably only play about 2 hours/day on average, and I think 3 months is great.

Casually playing Iā€™ll get 180 hours of gameplay per ladderā€¦thatā€™s definitely enough to find a couple HRs every season, on average.

Wow only 6h a day, lucky i got no life and smell like a animal Kappa

3 Likes

Nope, the drop rates are great as they are and that is what the vast majority of the current d2 players think, items are hard to find, that is why we keep on playing the game.

Killspeed >>> MF, always keep that in mind

This only works for single player, in bnet it is unefficient and too much time consuming to find the superchests

What do you consider a bunch of time playing?, 25h a day? xD

2 Likes

Yeah yeah 6 hours a day, restarting the same stinking build every ladder? Can you say braindead no-lifer? anyway once the game comes out and IF the ladder really is 3 months watch it change reeeeaaaalll quick.

1 Like

nobody is asking for it to be easierā€¦ jsut for the season length to remain as it wasā€¦ or adjust drops to compensate (iā€™[d prefer keeping season lengths) - either way, not easierā€¦ just the same as it was in terms of difficulty in acheiving end-game gear

3 Likes

Iā€™m a doctor now, I have kids and familly in Canada. I do not have time to depressingly farm 6 hours a day alone just for some pixel. I want a social experience and farming with other new players on a friday night with a beer in my hand. You can have this thrill but blizzard will eventually implement another game mode with balance changes and Ploot. Everyone is happy at the end. Purist nokia players have their game and we have our own. Enjoy

2 Likes

Hitting the same level of play I used to enjoy back in my true D2 days will be impossible. Like a lot of folks, I have a job and kids.

I would not for the life of me use that as grounds to change drop rates in any way - I adore the old D2 grind, in all its endless MF run glory.

That being said, I do personally frown on the decision to lower the ladder length. What was difficult to solo farm in a reasonable timeframe now just got a lot harder.

That will of course help the trading economy, as less ladder time means more Non ladder trade - But this does have the potential to backfire if Blizz are not on the ball with bots and p2w cash stores selling top tier items.

4 Likes

iā€™am also against it.
6 months ladder were great.

3 months is bad , especially considering this game is also supposed to be for D2 lovers ; which now have jobs , family most of the time.
i would understand extending it a little by 1 month , but reducing it ? by a half even ? seriously ? :confused:

especially if ladder items stays ladder only. thatā€™s pretty bad and outright frustrating for most older players probably in my opinion

(of course iā€™am also against drop rate increase)

2 Likes

dont know if this is sarcasm or not :smiley:

but yeah ā€œjustā€ play 6h a day ā€¦ ez

2 Likes

PD2 has 3 months ladder reset period and I play maybe few hours a day. Current ladder started at the end of July and right now there is no point in starting to lvl up another char solo because there is only a bit more that 1 month left of the ladder reset. But it is important to say that PD2 has drop rates at min P5 even if you play solo (and rune drops rates are more linear). You can get at least 1 HR per week with those settings. To have that in vanilla D2 you first need to lvl up char to be able to play on P5 or constantly play in groups. Playing on P1 and expecting to have Enigma in a 3 months period is just not possible.

So, either increase rune drop rates or have 6 months ladder seasons. Iā€™m in favour of first because grinding for a month without even upper-mid-rune can be frustrating.