[Guide] Raekor Ancient Spear

I’m getting a weird result- 30 ish spears upgraded and all are Arreat’s and 300th. There would normally be some Empyrean Messengers in there, too. I wonder if they pulled them out of the loot pool?

2 Likes

I can verify they did. I probably 400 upgrades and all AL or 300

1 Like

Pfft… I upgraded around 750 yellow spears to legendary, and not a single primal yet.
Luckily I’ve still got around 700K of each white / blue / yellow mats, so plenty more tries.

Bruh you are sounding like me with that massive stash of mats…Im impressed

At least the regular mats are fairly easy to use. Souls on the other hand I could spend 6 months trying to use them. 1.3 million lol rofl

dudes, I brute forced those spears, lol. check them out on the LB

Only way barbs roll. Enter rift with with sleeves cut off then get to work.

I picked up an ancient
Arreat 199% Dmg1887/ Str/AD/LoH
&
300th 197% Dmg1841/ Str/AD/LoH

In less an 30 rare upgrades. That’s the best luck I’ve ever had!

1 Like

Man this build feels awesome when you get smooth with it.

I think Jagged Edge can be good for speeds up to GR100 or so. It falls off hard after. I’m sad they didn’t open up the set more to runes outside of boulder toss.

T16s will be a breeze though and this is potentially one of the fastest T16 builds now.

Welp, there are 5 Raekor 150s on the boards so far, in time as low as 10:16, and with paragon as low as 10133. Not too bad for less than 24 hours of existence!

As someone only just approaching 5000, I had to chuckle when reading “as low as 10133”.

3 Likes

Excited to play this build this season. Hope all my barb bros are well!!! Been playing Lost Ark these days.

2 Likes

Haha, true!

Though, that’s almost exactly the same “lowest paragon” that somebody did Rend 150 (but without the benefit of the GR changes).

Nice to see you, Bass!

Guys,

If you use your bounty cache to upgrade a weapon for lvl 1, you have a 100% chance to get something good with a spear. lol.

Good season start!

2 Likes

DW the spears is best, right?

Yes, unless…

a) you need a bunch of extra toughness, in which case you could cube one of the spears, hold the other, and use a shield plus the S&B passive.

or

b) you are playing the “ranger” setup, which tries to always keep range from enemies and get fury/stacks via Weapon Throw, in which case you can hold Oathkeeper in one hand and cube one of the spears (carrying both spears and Oath in cube is also ok).

or

c) you are using a speed setup, in which case you can carry In-geom in one hand and cube one of the spears (carry both spears and In Geom in cube also ok).

So, it took around 1500 “Upgrade rare to legendary” attempts in the Cube to get…

So, MathsBarbs™, LPH and RCR re-roll to CDR, I presume?

1 Like

Now that’s brute force. You could keep the RCR for a captain set up. Vit you can buy with paragon points. I would change that to either cooldown or area damage or 10% damage if your other has 10%.

I also had a little luck, after 60 rare upgrade in cube i got a primal arreat law with cdr and area dmg. I also got a very good 300th spear with 197% dmg, as 7% and could roll cdr.

https://s20.directupload.net/images/220413/vqz3e7pc.jpg

https://s20.directupload.net/images/220413/wn9529du.jpg

1 Like

Agree on keeping the RCR, it adds considerable toughness. The solid play there is probably Vit – > CDR. For absolute min-maxing, you might get more out of AD or Dmg%, but I think the gameplay will just feel better to you with CDR.

And yeah, on the other one, LpH to CDR again. Once again, you may well get higher value, mathematically speaking, from a damage stat, but more CDR gets you a bit of damage via Crimson, and just makes the build feel better. And you can always reroll again quite easily in the future.

The only reason to keep the LpH would be if you were planning on playing some IK or LOD Weapon Throw.

1 Like

It will, if you know how to. So…

First, upload your image to a free image-hosting site such as imgur.

Copy the URL of your image to the clipboard and paste it into your forum post

Highlight the URL in your post

Click the </> button in the editor

This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text

The result will be a properly formatted URL (although not clickable) that others can copy / paste like this…

http://www.thisisntarealurl.com

Anyway, sometimes someone comes along and embeds things for people…

Grats on the Arreat’s.

1 Like