[Guide] Raekor Ancient Spear

Nice job, DH!

Amazing. I’m sure you’ll hit 150 sub-4k, and I can’t wait to see it.

Well, there you have it, folks. This is how it’s done.

Say it quietly, so non-Barbs don’t hear it… is this an S-tier build maybe?

1 Like

Agreed, I’m convinced that this is also the way to go. All my best progression seem to have come from 150 Fury Tosses (which is an easy marker for casting). In the chaos of battle, I find myself sitting on 350 Fury 1, 2, 3, seconds too long which translates into lost opportunities for damage. Can you post a video of your next clear?

Thx bro!

Not so fast!:laughing:

There’s a lot involved here… player skill, maps, mob types, density, pylons, commitment, chance, and I suck at them all. We’ll never know what a Weapon Throw Focused max clear will ever look like, simply because the best players will never push with it (and it maybe that the WTF :laughing: is greatly inferior). I’m sure it’s a matter of time before 엔류 clears 150. I’m not saying that you suck as the player, but do you see yourself clearing 150 (and you just might) any time soon. Do you consider yourself to be a high caliber player that can achieve that mark? Not picking a fight here.

Of course not. But who cares? That’s why I ask questions of top tier players, and then listen to what they tell me.

But look: part of what makes 엔류 and, say, Wudijo (whose recent 141 HC clear uses the same mostly-Charge playstyle… there’s video…) top tier players is that they try out some various playstyles and then pick the one that works best.

What’s the alternative? That they HATE playing at range SO MUCH that they willfully choose to play in an objectively weaker way, and just make up for it with lots of skill?

That is… unlikely… especially of Wudijo, who is one of the best ranged-build players in the history of the game. If playing “Ranged Raekor” was optimal, you can bet your bottom dollar he’d be doing it.

The far more likely explanation is the super obvious one:

All that said, you do you, man. Just because it’s weaker doesn’t mean it’s A LOT weaker, and FOR YOU it may well be stronger- because you enjoy it more and find it more intuitive.

3 Likes

First 150 of the season is in!

Raekor 150 clear, Chinese server, 14:15, 5566 paragon.

Not as good on an adjusted basis as 엔류’s 148, which adjusts to 150.5 (this one adjusts to 149.8).

Still: Raekor an S-tier build? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

GR149 down, 3060 paragon (25K STR).
But, it is frustrating that I can’t be the one who breaks the 150 for the first time.

1 Like

I know, it’s disappointing.

But: have you seen the “adjusted” clear leaderboard that DMKT and I are keeping? We’ve been posting it here and on Reddit. It “adjusts” clears based on the paragon and time, centered around paragon 5000 and 15 minutes… and your clears are definitely at the top of that board.

We adjust 149 / 3060p / 14:19 (your clear) to the equivalent of GR 151.4.

The 150 / 5566p / 14:15 clear (#1 on the leaderboard) adjusts to 149.8… 1.6 tiers lower.

Lowest paragon to get 150 would be more impressive than first.

For sure!

Man… after struggling a bit on 141 using Zei, I swapped to Esoteric and then 1-keyed both 141 and 142, finishing the 142 in 9:59. Looks like it’s Esoteric for me for at least a while!

(Though I might try Gogok for kicks).

Edit: narrowly missed 144 with Gogok, then got it in ~3 keys with Esoteric.

2 Likes

It really helps you linger within the Relentless threshold.

Can you post a video of a clear? Preferably a non-silent one.:smile:

Didn’t record these!

I’ll try to do so if I attempt 145.

1 Like

Seems like staying alive is worth more than dps enhancements for this build. Especially at lower paragons. The boulders are so strong already that taking qol skills/gems are worth their weight in clears!

4 Likes

Reminds me of how powerful valor was at the start. Everyone took travelers, esoteric, every defense passive. That turned out well!

Anyways, not sure I agree about the facetanking. I was going to start pushing again today (almost 2k para) but the double bounties just came into play, lol.

Dear math barb, what is the better option between these two Skular’s? Assume all else equal.

1. 4.5 CC / 200 % modifier
  2. 6.0 CC / 192 % modifier

I’m leaning on the second one because I like the look of 6.0 CC better than 4.5, lol.

They’re very close, but the higher affix roll is a little bit more damage (about 0.8% more).

1 Like

Rage and others - I am interested to know the distribution of your mainstat paragon points to best take advantage of the low-life damage buff mechanic. What kind of health pool are you running around GR140 with?

I’m running with about 6000 Vit, both on my season and non-season character. Obviously, my total toughness is higher in non-season since I also have more Strength.

1 Like

I just tried something interesting. Instead of the whole esoteric thing, I put invigorating gemstone in and cubed stone gauntlets. That, with warcry equaled a 1 key 132 lol. (seasonal)

Not pushing yet just wanted to try something out.

That’s an interesting combo. How much healing were you running?