[Guide] Raekor Ancient Spear

Maybe stick a few more augs in and push higher. 130 is like a speed run for your ns paragon. See if you can do the same at 135 or 140.

1 Like

No benefit sounds like a bug. I’ve notice elites being vaporized when both are active.

I know you’re not picking fight.

I feel it’s one of the easiest multipliers to take advantage of and I want to get the most I can out of it.

Yeah, I’m going to work on that. My goal will now be to get 2 Tosses at 350 within the Ring, maybe 3.

That’s the goal. I’m still working on my arguments. I want to get them all to at least 130.

I forgot to mention that I now have better understanding of the standard style of play. Thx for that.

1 Like

I swapped out Parthans and put on a pair of Skular’s, then cubed Pride of Cassius and I have to say I like it a lot more than Parthans. The constant cc immunity is nice and consistent with full uptime of IP. Parthans starts to wear off shortly after a few charges once they build up immunity anyways. Nice change for better overall quality of life.

I do lose a bit of dps as I was running TS:Falter before the change.

Useless in practice, but Wudi put out a vid showing how to get WT down to 3F breakpoint. 5 APS.

I may or may not be tempted to do an LoD WT T16 build now…

I think it’s great in speeds as well. You manage enough uptime with Messer even in a 150?

Agreed, it feels like a breath of fresh air.

Maybe I’ll give that a try again. I remember trying that on the PTR and dying a lot… obviously I have much less paragon than you to keep me alive!

Edit: Tried it, nonstop deaths.

I definitely don’t agree with these barbs, when fighting a riftt guardian this morning, dropping 350’s (good damage), but as soon as I step into the Ring, forget about it.

APDs are good for facetanking. But as mentioned mobs get immune quick.

1 Like

You misunderstood. Of course Oculus buffs your damage. My point is that the way YOU play does not benefit MORE from Oculus than the standard main build(s).

In other words, you’re getting the same benefit from Oculus as everyone else who plays Raekor.

No Messerschmidt’s for me, I’m still using Furnace as I DPS the Elites a lot throughout the rift and don’t rely solely on Power/Condi for the kills.

Interesting, I found it highly swinging in both directions for me with APDs. I would use Falter because APD + IP was overkill for me. The mitigation from APD was great the first few charges. Once the CC immunity built up I was super squishy.

Now with IP and Cassius it’s much more balanced in my opinion. No more frozen, jailer, spider web slows etc is a major plus, no more messing with my groove!

I’m not sure that’s accurate (given yesterday’s conversation). If you watch Rages video:

“Standard play” can keep near 100% damage with EW and can enter into the Oculus ring to Toss, but “standard play” doesn’t launch 350 Fury Tosses like MY style of play (with EW & Oculus). That’s a huge difference, this means that I’m constantly doing 2.25x with or without the Oculus ring by unlocking each Fury segment via WT. I’m tossing 2 or 3 350 Fury Toss within the Ring.

Edit: The is an assumption.

Keep in mind you got as many occulus rings you want to make. Might as well do the full fury wind-up. Right?

That’s very true. If you’re not doing enough to spawn a ring, then you’re gimping your damage output.

I did a little more math and saw that I’m averaging 350 Fury in just under 2 seconds (this doesn’t factor in Cooldown Pylon or Speed pylon). “Standard play” drops a 150 Fury Toss per 1.5 seconds (averaging).

350 Fury per 2 sec > 150 Fury per 1.5 sec

Edit: The is an assumption.

You gentlemen are all quite high on the leaderboards, both seasonal and non-season. Could some/all of you describe your playstyle and skill cycle a bit?

Just Charge on density, or Charge + Weapon Throw? When do you use Weapon Throw, and how do you align it with getting the bonuses out of both Zei and Trapped?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share!

Rage, what do think of my assessments in posts 411 and 414. Free went MIA on me. :laughing:

I noticed this morning that rift guardians/Elites were constantly take heavy hits and moving slow at range (outside of BotT, not using Zei’s) and I also saw that I have chill% on shoulders and immobile% on wep. Guardians/Elite are taking heavy damage with BotT & No Escape combo, I believe because the above is super effective. Just thought I’d share this.

GR 135 clear (2:53 seconds remaining) w/ 11 augments (can’t aug my rings). I tried my darndest to not Toss until I reached 350 Fury, but at times I got too excited.

2 Likes

GR 147, 148 down with paragon 2.9K. (24k STR)

During my GR 148 run, I didn’t get a big Conduit. However, this time I killed 4 packs of elites with the POWER, and got the Conduit at the 95% of the progress, just used it for killing trash and grinding RG’s health point.

RG was the Sand Shaper, he is quite good because I can increase my damage by throwing myself into his tornado and rocks :grinning:

I’m going to farm more paragons through EN 150 runs and start the final push (GR 149, 150) at 3.5K. It will take time, hope to be the first.

I barely use weapon throw during the progress, just charge and throw rocks. When I’m in a density, I try to charge as short as possible and throw as many boulders as I can. I think that’s the way to maximize the Bloodshed damage, which takes up a significant proportion of the total damage.

6 Likes