[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

Hey Rage, what’s the dealio with my leap quaker? I have 33.37 sheet cdr if I remember correctly.

I’m finding that after 3x leaps, and a slam, my leap isn’t always resetting fully. Sometimes I’ll have 1 or 2 seconds of delay before I can leap again.

Am I just fat fingering the sequence? Or should I get another cdr roll to smooth out the transition?

I’ve been meaning to clarify this a bit in the guide, I guess now is a good opportunity….

It used to be that we carried Tribes, which could roll with +24 max fury, and with that extra fury in the tank, 33.33% cdr was usually all you needed. Now of course, we usually carry Furnace, which cannot pick up that extra fury roll, so a bit of extra cdr is often useful.

IF you are using a setup that survives primarily via healing, i.e. using BR:StP, and wearing Strongarms, then the extra damage you take helps you fill your fury bubble a little better, and 33-35% can still work out well. If I remember right, Deal’s outstanding 146 was done with 34.xx%- CDR on Furnace, and shoulders.

If, on the other hand, you are avoiding a lot of damage (via parthans), then you may need a bit more. All my clears from 134-138 were done with 38.xx%- CDR on Gloves, Shoulder, and Enchantress.

At your paragon, though, you should absolutely be playing the Strongarm/Zei setup- it is very clearly the best option for higher paragon players (and AmBADASSador, who seems to have a special gift for staying alive).

1 Like

Yea I’m on the SA/Zei build. I’ll play around with gear and see if I can get another roll of CDR. What was the specs if you landed the bis Tribes? I recall there was one that would beat out furnace for main hand, correct? I charsi’d a few primals way back when but now I’m wondering if I should have kept them. I recall one of them had native 10% dmg. Are we looking for the trifecta?

Looking for Dmg%-AD-EQ%, and max fury secondary. It’s only about a 2-3% dps gain vs Furnace if I remember correctly, so I wouldn’t go crazy looking for one, but if you stumble across one, definitely a good option.

When this happens its because i took out the paragon fury points because i was on rend. Put em back in & smooth again.

Rage: I got this, I got–!

Ember: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m a lazy one and don’t like updating paragon points, gem shuffling between builds so I make dedicated barbs for each spec I play.

1 Like

That is just smart play. I can’t even stand moving paragon when I switch from speeds to push.

1 Like

Me too. Hell, I even name them after the build they’re in. It’s why I’ve got Barbs called Frenzy, HotA and LeapQuake.

I do that also. I just have 1 slot open for season barb thou. I got like 4. lol.

An update: on the AS server, 엔류 is up to 149 for this season, with around 8k paragon. We may well see 150 cleared with Leapquake before the season is out!

Congrats and good luck to him on the final push!

2 Likes

he gets hamlin in festering woods with a decent pylon and its over

Alrighty so I made some changes and added a second CDR roll (gloves and shoulders). It’s not optimized but gets the gameplay a lot smoother. Running 6% + 6% cdr helped a lot and I bagged 140.

I’m not comfortable with the timing so I ran the RG down to the last minute before taking the pylon. Besides that, do you know if I took a step back to the previous level, would he port to me right away when I re-enter? Or is it just hit n miss depending on when the RG wants to TP to me?

2 Likes

Congrats, Seras!

You got some great luck on your mob types, mediocre luck on pylons + maps. With a more optimized rift I’m sure you’ve got a few more levels in the tank.

You did just fine on the timing. Generally, grabbing it when the boss is around 75% is the safe option, which is exactly what you did. You had 11 seconds of Power left when the boss died, so with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, you could have grabbed it just a little sooner, maybe around 80% life. Against bosses with bad adds (Bone Warlock, Perendi, Choker, etc) though, you need to get them lower than 75% – more like 60% or even 50% before grabbing the power.

So, the quick way to get back to that level entrance, especially since your cheat death had already triggered, would have been to let the boss kill you and then click “respawn at last checkpoint”.

Rift Guardian teleport has a 30 second cooldown, so if the boss just teleported, you have to wait another 30 seconds before they can teleport again. Infernal Maiden does a lot of weird teleports (like, she’ll just teleport 5 yards backwards, or teleport suddenly to your follower), so this can mess you up a bit if you’re trying to move her to a pylon or something like that. I’ve also had occasions where a boss just wouldn’t teleport to me at all, no matter how long I waited (and this was not Vesalius, who used to be unable to teleport, though this has been recently fixed). So there’s no 100% bulletproof option.

Anyway, congrats again!

1 Like

Thx Boss, I’ll keep those points in mind for my next run. Hoping to get my H90 dude into 14x as well. :+1:

1 Like

Hello MOTE brothers, I sometimes come to see this post when I am curious about MOTE. When I see the videos you uploaded, I feel like I am playing. Congratulations to everyone on the record breaking. I don’t currently play Diablo 3. If the MOTE is changed or a new item is released, then I will come back and break the GR record.

5 Likes

Good to see you stop by every now and then Deal. I still watch your 146 video for inspiration before a push. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Now that’s what I call big Barb energy. :smile:

4 Likes

Next season will be a lot faster killing the rift guardian with the shards. Good season to play MOTE. It’s even the starter set!!!

1 Like

Praying to the gods for this. xD <3 But top energy.

1 Like