[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

Nice! That’s what I’m talking about. You clear a 135 with no augs and Blizz will never buff MOTE, lol.
I’m up to 132 mote, 133 rend in the “first good map I get”. I’m not going to lose my mind spending keys until they put up the season 25 patch notes. Plus I know if I hit too many goals too soon I get bored and stop. Playing D3 keeps me out of trouble, so…

LOL Apache even at 150 solo in season Rend is still light years behind what monk is doing. the world top rend clear is something like rank 400 in the world. It is really silly!!! At this rate every barb build needs a massive buff. More so then ever this season shows how far behind barbs are even though these weapons did help us.

Rank 443…

Number of 150’s this season for each class:

Barb: 31
Crusader: 35
DH: 44
Monk: >1000
Necro: 42
WD: 22
Wiz: >1000

It’s pretty easy to notice where the crazy is happening. Monk and Wiz each have at least 5.75 times as many 150 clears as Barb, Crusader, DH, Necro, and WD combined.

Heck you could even take it further and see that Barb has the lowest Rank one.

My vote below
Lamentation back to 200%
Blade of the tribes to 875%
Oathkeeper to 300%

2 Likes

Yeah, rend with a 2hander is problematic. Getting enough area damage and cooldown is challenging, lol. I think I was at 38 cooldown hard casting stuff to keep zerker up.
Crusader is great, even with the nerf. I plan on making front page of that leaderboard here very soon.
Monk is beyond overpowered and crazy. They are going to stay op and crazy after the season ends also. They go from ethererals to the fist set (which is totally amazing). Im doing GR120s in 2 minutes. 130s in 4. I dont think I even used a sticken to kill the 140 boss.
Still having a great time with MOTE. I need like 300 more paragon and I’ll be fishing.

Skullgrasp to give 400% to Whirlwind and Rend.

3 Likes

Well, let’s take a look at non-season, since the ethereals of this season are (presumably) not gonna stick around.

BARB
Num of 150 clears: 8
Best: 12:59, 15.8k paragon (rank 189)

CRUSADER
Num of 150 clears: 86
Best: 5:52, 16k paragon (rank 2)

DH
Num of 150 clears: 0
Best: 146 in 13:14, 14.3k paragon (rank >1000)

MONK
Num of 150 clears: 108
Best: 4:37, 17k paragon (rank 1)

NECRO (these numbers are basically meaningless, since Bone Spear got nerfed)
Num of 150 clears: 121 (0 recent)
Best: 8:51, 10.9k paragon (??? recent) (rank 20 pre-nerf, ??? now)

WD
Num of 150 clears: 0
Best: 148 in 13:49, 13.3k paragon (rank 629)

WIZARD
Num of 150 clears: 210
Best: 8:04, 16k paragon (rank 8)

Anyway, if you assume that the Necro nerf brought them down to be weaker than Rend Barb, we’re still pretty much in the middle of the pack- much worse than Wizard, Monk, and Crusader, but better than DH, WD, and, probably, Necro.

As for buffs, I’d personally like to see as much buffing as possible take place within the set bonuses: that way we don’t have to re-farm tons of gear!

Rend is obviously still our top build. I’d currently peg the others at:
Leapquake: -5 GRs
Frenzy: -6 GRs
LOD HOTA: -8 GRs
IK HOTA: -9 GRs
R6 HOTA: -9 GRs
Pro-Slam: -10 GRs
Vile Charge: -12 GRs

For an easy fix, you could just double the 6-piece on MOTE, H90, and IK, then throw buffs on FotVP and Standoff (both could double). Both those weapons are basically never carried for their respective builds (they get cubed), so there would be no re-farming. And if Rend/Wastes got buffed (say, 6-piece to 15000%), you could increase those other numbers further (so, MOTE, H90, IK at 2.5x rather than 2x).

3 Likes

Ugh, just narrowly missed 138 twice within 10 keys. In the 1st one, I had 4 minutes and a Power, but drew Perendi. For the 2nd one, I again had 4 minutes, but no pylon, and drew Eskandiel. I managed to sucker him into a single-target fight (fought him till he finished spawning adds, then died and respawned at the level entrance), but missed by 1.3 seconds… :rage:

Hate that, lol. I was trying 141s the first map was battlefield with a conduit. Got waaaaay ahead but i couldnt damage the RG enough even with a cooldown pylon.

And the necro nerf is probably the single biggest nerf ive experienced. Maybe 15 tiers? Without ethereals 20.

There is no such thing.

3 Likes

Finally got 138 in the bag. Had a few more mishaps on the way, including another run where I had 4 minutes and a power for the boss, but drew Rime. It still might have gone down, but when I clicked the pylon, the elite I got was Arcane - Electrified. Between those affixes and Rime’s aoe attacks, I just couldn’t stay alive.

For the successful run, I had just Conduit - Shield. Fighting the boss (Perdition) with a shield pylon was very helpful… if it had been a Power instead, I probably would have failed again, since he could kill me with 2 regular melee attacks, or just 1 teleport attack.

Now it’s on to 139!

In other news, AmBADASSador took rank one on the NA MOTE board with an impressive 140 clear, at only around 2200 paragon. Even more impressive, he is using the “Big Deal” setup, which is very glassy at such low paragon level. Congrats to him!

5 Likes

Interesting! I think they are usually an HC main.

EDIT: Check out the HC MoTE board too! That same guy is at 143 in HC seasonal at 4500 paragon.

1 Like

Yep, a great player! Congrats to him, also, on his 143 HC clear!

Geeeebus! Thats great.

They need to reset the boards.

Yeah, I’ll be pretty shocked if they don’t start a new era around the time of the next patch.

Good work on clears all around! :smiley: I got sucked into tabletop gaming over the past month and a half or more o_o;; so much MTG and DnD!!! It’s shocking how fast time flies.

I lost so much steam along the way, but I wanted to make another note about power buffs to our builds as barbs. Flat #'s only go so far and I feel at least, still present the current problem with certain builds. Noting the posts above over MoTE clears, it’s easy to see we need SERIOUS help when it comes to RG’s. Things need to be done to help out our boss and elite kill times on a massive scale. I’m fine with a numbers buff, it’s just… it only adds tiers to the power of the build rather than address glaring weaknesses.

When you use a gem meant specifically to aid your Single target DPS, and people without said gem still defeat bosses quicker than you do… That’s a BIG oof. It felt like there used to be some semblance of a tradeoff. Like, LQ’s tankiness came at the cost of damage output, now there are plenty of builds with much higher damage and Effective HP.

Something that I thought about as an option for us MoTE’s and up in your face DPS builds in general, is a gem that works in reverse to Zei’s. Same damage buffs, but the closer you are to targets the more damage you do. Seems pretty iconic for an earthquake build to be heftier in the epicenter, yeah? :wink:

Also, please for the love of god blizz… do something fun with Lut socks.

1 Like

Got a feeling this will be a long season. They are very behind because if D2R. Lots of time to grind away some xp… I might top 3k for the first time since s19.

I like the epicenter concept. Imagine if earthquakes spawned triune circles (s18?) or something fun like that.

Nice to see you back, Cass… you going to get back on the wagon for 140?

Regarding MOTE and its damage, you’re right that any flat damage buff is going to leave us with the same long fight against the RG, just at a higher overall GR level. Unfortunately, that applies to the “epicenters” idea for EQ as well. If they did make that change, it would probably be best to just bake it into the EQ skill itself, rather than being the effect of an item.

The simplest solution to Leapquake’s problems would probably be to just add Elite damage into the 6-piece bonus, i.e. something like “Blah blah blah skills have their damage increased by 30,000%. This bonus is doubled against elites.” You’d still have a fairly long RG fight, but not unreasonably long, like it is now.

1 Like

Thanks for the greeting! I figured I’d hop on tonight and fish some. My attention will be taken away here and there throughout the coming days due to activities with friends and content release in Genshin. But I may try to ignite the spark of reaching 140 in Season. :smiley:

I got pretty bummed out about not having any luck with AD on rings, but judging by AmBADD’s clear, only 65% is needed. xD

Epicenter could be a neat thing to throw onto the boots perhaps, instead of set piece bonus, but either or is pretty ideal tbh. I’m quite honestly okay with a little bit of a lengthy RG right. But, like that would come at the cost of like… how Condemsader used to just demolish the trash and spend a ton of time on the RG. xD That tradeoff would be permissable. But as it is, we don’t even delete elites.