[Guide] H90 Frenzy: A simple guide

That’s a trade-off. 2-handed weapons has higher damage and less as so generally the dps should be the same as 1-h.
And 2-h weapons can still be good at life per fury spent, for Barbs has 2 fury flushers: Siesmic Slam - Rumble and Ancient Spear-Boulder Toss.

The fury flushers do even it out for builds with non weapon speed related fury gen. But how can a build actually focused on weapon attacks (HOTA, WW, Frenzy, SS) get around the lack of healing with a slower 2 handed weapon? It’s one of the biggest drawbacks of using 2handers, which I would love to be able to do. They’ve tried with big LPFS on FotVanquished for example but I don’t feel this problem has been solved, as others have mentioned already.

It can’t, although there are bigger problems for those builds. A good place to start would be to double the healing from life perhaps and life per fury spent for two-handed weapons but we don’t have anything that can do that.

1 Like

Go fast

Kinda fun.
EF-Rechels, Hoarder, wreath, Ferocity-Bravado…Pound of Flesh…

I understand the season 22 buff will be an extra kanai cube slot. I saw the overview above. Last minute ideas how the Savage Barb could use this best?
The other buff will be the Shadow Clone, triggered from pylons. How would that help the Savage Barb?

I didn’t do a whole lot of testing on the shadow clones during the PTR, but I would generally say the best use for them would be to help clear density, since this is Frenzy’s weak point. So: try to pull a bunch of density to a pylon, then grab it and the clones will help clear the trash, making it a lot easier to kill the elite.

Imo there are several options.
Frostburns, SoJ, EF, Furnace, Unity, Messerschmidt’s, etc.
Can also equip a 2 hd weapon and set up the cube for that…

You mean this one, right?

I think that covers all the major options.

I haven’t thought about SoJ. Could be interesting.

1 Like

No reason to use it. All your damage comes from Frenzy, meaning a single element, whichever rune you choose.

SoJ can be worn for elite damage and added element and with the 4th slot you can still cube BoM and CoE.

Hmm…

So in taking (and wearing) SoJ, you’re trading CHC-CHD-CDR for Elite%-Elemental- Something.

If that “something” isn’t CDR, you lose your WOTB breakpoint (I think I calculated this out to be about a 10% damage loss). If it is CDR, you are dropping both CHC and CHD, which costs you slightly more damage than you get back from the elemental% (CHC + CHD is about 1.3% more). So, the elite bonus is then on top of that.

But, you could just stick Furnace in that extra cube spot and get a considerably bigger Elite bonus, while not forfeiting that 1.3% damage.

And using RoRG + Aughild, EF in cube, FoT in cube, or carrying IB and putting OK in cube, will all be better than Furnace. So equipping SoJ is really kind of two steps down from the best tier of S22 options.

1 Like

Yes, I saw your list. Thanks.
If I have furnace in the cube, and make sure I am “always” hitting elites, does the bonus transfer to area damage? Does it transfer to bloodshed damage?

Your logic is flawless. It is certainly not the better option to wear SoJ, but if you get one very early in season, it will work for sure…

2 Likes

True! If that’s what you have on hand early in season, might as well use it!

Yes- sort of. Furnace won’t increase the damage of an AD proc or Bloodshed directly, but it will make your Frenzy hits on elites do more damage, which will then be factored into the calculation for AD and Bloodshed.

An example: let’s say you’re using a skill with 100% proc coefficient, that hits 1 enemy at a time. You critically hit a trash mob for 1000 damage. Bloodshed then deals 20% of this to all enemies around you: 200 damage. If one of those enemies is an elite, he still only takes 200 damage, not 200 * 1.5 = 300.

But if you had critically hit an elite for what would, without Furnace, have been 1000 damage, he will instead take 1000 * 1.5 = 1500 damage, and Bloodshed would then deal 20% of this to all enemies around you: 300 damage.

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I have an idea about frenzy build and want to know what do u think.
So they key item is Broken Promises ring.
Orange text says: after 5 consecutive non-critical hits, your chance to critically hit is increased to 100% for 3 seconds.
With our attack speed we can achiev 5 consecutive non-critical hits pretty fast, and then 3 seconds of all critical hits.
Right now with Oathkeeper (7% IAS), Azurewrath and 2x7% ASI rolls I have 1.93/1.95 attacks per second (without frenzy stacks ofc).
In the same time we can remove CHC from all our gear (and paragon) and replace with some usefull stats like all resist, CDR, AVG dmg, life per hit.
Seems we have 5% basic CHC, but still this is 77,37% chance of 5 consecutive non-critical hits. Looks not so bad.
What do u think about this idea (especially for season play)?

Hi Yzer,

Unfortunately, Broken Promises is terrible. I discuss why in this post (including video).

The issue is that BP has an ICD on how fast you can get the hits, and the Bastion’s chain hits a ton of stuff. Bottom line, BP is almost never active.

4 Likes

Oh, another useless item in the game…
Anyway, thx for fast answer, Rage!

2 Likes

I missed this discussion earlier so i experimented with gear and that 4th cube slot all season so far. I ended up using Frostburns, initially for the 20% cold dmg and it’s simplicity but then it allowed me to take out azurewrath for a primal in-geom since i couldn’t get my hands on a good azurewrath. So the freeze from Frostburns comes in very handy.
Just did 125 at 1700 paragons so if you don’t have a good azure, give it a try and combine oathkeeper with any good 1h you have like echoing fury or in-geom or even that crafted 1h weapon with +cold, there’s always a way.

1 Like

Just an update on some top Frenzy clears so far this season:

Cerberus is at GR 131 on the NA server (Rank 23, 1867 paragon, Aughild + CoE setup).

And a big shoutout to friend of the guide 엔류, who is up to 136 on the AS server (Rank 2, 3860 paragon, IB + Aughild setup).

2 Likes