[Guide] H90 Frenzy: A simple guide

Thanks for your advice Rage! I’ll roll CDR on my OK and try to push a higher. I’m really happy that I won’t have to worry about a compass rose so I can use the mats for a better OK, TP and APD (higher stun roll).

I’ll agree on the first appoach uptime on WoTB makes the difference. I’ll update my progress. One final question, the % increased dmg on the OK is multiplicative right?

Yes!

It’s definitely hard to find an A+ OK, since you need not only to roll the right stats but also a good damage range and 190+ on the Legendary affix. Good luck!

Need advice to choose between two ancient CoE:

6% AS
50% CHD
5% CHC
200% CoE

or

50% CHD
5% CHC
6% CD-R
176% CoE

Note, with the second CoE I can reach 48% CDR, with first I’m at 45,41% and it won’t be easy to reroll other stuff to get over 47%

With the first ring I’m at 31% AS

Hey, i give my Frenzier second chance after 2 weeks and im doing much better when i applied Rage’s advices.
130 was closed in 4 keys, but on all 3 i was able to kill boss 1-2 minutes after time. I had Erethon on my 4th try and it was easy.

My setup is little strange, prob not very optimal if comes to numbers (cdr and as) and biggest change i made is drop Stricken. Yes, i put gogok and with Aughild i benefit from additional cdr, Echo take care my attack speed.

Erethon at 31k mainstat in gr 130 was like 2 minutes, but rift was much more fluid for me.

Here’s builid and items i used today and 130 with it was made. Will continue pushing ofc.

https://www.d3planner.com/939962373

/e

after i made 5x 130 and i clear’d two of them, gogok instead stricken was stupid i think

Here’s screen from one of my clears: (with stricken already)

https://i.imgur.com/lLAmC1r.jpg

Sadly i cannot record.
So im running EF + Aughild in fire, ill give it 100 more keys and we will see how deep it will go.

1 Like

Hmm, that’s a bit problematic. It’s not so much an attack speed problem, as going with ring 2 only costs you a half frame while WOTB is active. But, that weaker affix roll on CoE is also -8% damage.

I guess I’d still go with ring 2. Having Wrath in-sync with CoE is very valuable.

Cool, good luck, Red! And well done on the 130’s. Glad I could help you out.

2 Likes

I just login, second key, 131 felt under control

https://imgur.com/xqn3swL

Im still EF + Aughild with weapon master as last passive
This time i had RoRG on finger for as and loh lines (i got str dual crit pBoM but i wanted to play with right as ammount and some LoH - trade for 50 cd)

No additional AD yet (paragon only), im very tanky but idk exactly why :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just dropped an ancient AZ:
2780.4 DPS1519-1893 Cold Damage
17% Cold Skills Damage
901 STR
2311 LPH

My previous non-ancient AZ:
2262 DPS
1116-1344 Cold Damage
20% Cold Skills Damage
IAS 7%*
CDR 10%

My OK has:
2277.8 DPS
Dmg range
IAS 7%
17395 LPH
CDR 10%

*I was hoping to get a better AZ soon so I never bothered to roll the 7IAS to AD.

I’m assuming the damage bump to ancient is enough to outweigh the 17% vs 20% cold damage, so I want to roll CDR on the new one. I’m pretty low paragon (1200), and already have LPH on the OK, so I’m thinking it might make sense to roll the LPH to CDR and keep the STR? LPH on both weaps might be nice for more sustain though? I haven’t really pushed high enough to see if that or damage is my wall I guess, so maybe it’s hard to help me if I can’t answer that question, but I was looking for advice. I’m a solo player also, so it’s unlikely I’d augment with a gem over 90-100 range (especially since ideally I’d want one that I could have AD and CDR on), so the 901 str seems tempting to not give up.

Any advice?

Hey Insidious,

Your new ancient AZ is definitely better than your old non-ancient one. Congrats on the find!

You have a little bit of a dilemma on your hands (I seem to be telling people this a lot lately!)

So, with your other gear as it is, even if you roll to 10% CDR on the new weapon (rerolling either Str or LpH), you won’t quite make the 46.67% breakpoint you need to sync WotB and CoE.

I guess what I would do is keep the Str, for now (or, you could reroll the Str to AD). And in the future, if you get another CDR roll on a ring, this will enable you to reroll the AZ again, this time to 10% CDR, allowing you to reach that breakpoint. Having LpH on both weapons is definitely nice- definitely helps with the healing.

I’m SSF only also, by the way!

I think that with your paragon, if you get 5-6 rank 90 or 100 augments on your gear, you’ll be able to hit at least GR 115. How high have you gone so far?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I actually haven’t tried to push since I did a 105 in around 10 minutes! I’ve gotten a few upgrades and gem levels since then so I should try to figure out what my limit actually is!

S20 GR 134 down @ 3200 para(26k str) with the Aughild variant.

6 Likes

been following your progression - very cool! Anything you can share w us?

Wow, that’s an amazing clear! Probably the highest, relative to paragon, anybody has done so far.

Any chance you have video?

Can U paste at least your setup from diabloplanner?
GG clear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Rage,

As you predicted I cleared a gr124 on my second try!
Haven’t rolled AS to CDR yet on my OK but will try a 125 later this week.
Rolled a dozen of OKs but got nothing usefull yet.
The grind continues xD

2 Likes

Good job, Barudi! Keep at it!

Thx. This guide has almost all the information. There’s nothing much to add, but I’ll try to post something in a few days.

Thx for sharing excellent guide.
Sadly, didn’t record it.

Here is my current setup.
https://www.d3planner.com/336688997

5 Likes

Congrats that’s awesome!

You might be the only Frenzy barb on the ladder yet :smiley:

1 Like

Rage -

I got very old AZ with perf dmg 1560-1940 (rolled) 19 cold, 6 as, and 10 cdr.

My OK is 7 as. Is there setup where i can benefit from this 6 as AZ?

Hey, Red… there is not really a whole lot of use for that 6 AS on AZ. If you have 2 7% rolls on your armor (ring and gloves), then you’ll have a 7/8 frame Frenzy (WOTB / not WOTB), whether you’ve got AS on the AZ or not.

If, say, you didn’t have either of those 7% rolls, then you would have an 8/9 Frenzy, and getting that 6% on AZ would take you to 7.5/9, so you’d get a little bit of damage there. But, that’s not optimal.

You are very welcome. Thank you for showing what this set is capable of! If you do record in the future, I’d love to see it. I think the highest recorded clear, at least since the build went live, may be my paltry 128, which is kind of a shame.

I took a look at your setup… I think you may have a “wasted” AS roll on your Compass Rose or your gloves. Whether you’ve got that roll or not, you still have a 7/8 Frame Frenzy, depending on whether WOTB is active. If you switch one of those to CDR, AD, or CHD, this ought to boost your damage a bit, unless I’m missing something…

125 with S&B variant. Lidless instead of Stormshield. And, surprisingly, I managed to get away with only the healing from SS- used Mortick’s instead of Vambraces. 20.6k str. Finished with 2’21" remaining, can definitely go at least 1 GR higher with the exact same gear. Took me about 5 keys.

4 Likes

Bro, that was a super solid clear. You would cleared much faster if only you found that conduit earlier. Would you say Lidless is the better board to use or is it situational?

Edit: Can we expect the Devs to improvements H90 after the season?