[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

Just a small comment: this is the best thread in the entire forum. Damn. You are doing Crom’s work here, can’t wait to crush my enemies, to see them driven before me and to hear the lamentations of their women in S19.

2 Likes

Guys carried out a d3planner simulation using 20 mobs. Y is simulated DPS and X is distance in yards. I assumed 800 paragon, 115 gems and Mote 6- CC 2 with about 60% CdR and +100 AD.

Various gem and skill confugirations are shown in the graph. Need to rush right now but can discuss more later

Note that d3planner is not correctly considering Zei with SS. So these curves should have a stepped slope increasing at every 10 yards. So the real damage with Zeis will be even higher. And these DPS simulations all are for 20 mobs.

Imgur

Pro, the easiest is to have the d3 planner figure out that damage at one specific distance for all builds and then make a spreadsheet to figure out the change in damage with respect to change in distance.

I had similar thoughts earlier in the season. I tried several builds with Gogok (with BS) or without BS (with Zeis). All of them were worse (for me) than builds with BS and Zeis. I have some explanations for this but they are just ‘fit solution to the answer’. The real explanation is there are some factors that we don’t take in account.

p.s. Simple model gives me 32% to damage from Zei’s (lvl 130). The nearest monsters take about half of the damage, die fast and then the bonus from Zei’s increases to 40%.

EDITED: There was a typo in the formula.

I agree with you that Zies is better than Gogok. From my testing, the difference is smaller than one might think on Live and on PTR the difference was much bigger than anticipated.

I updated the figure but I think:

• If you have so much paragon that you can give up BoM for Zodiac and give up PoC for Mortics, used with Zei-Stricken-Trapped and BR-BS is the top DPS as numbers show.
  • If you dont have that much paragon, 2nd best option seems to be BoM, PoC, Zei-Stricken-Trapped used with BR-BS rune.
1 Like

Yes.
And if you are going to fish an ideal rift (Festering Woods with good melee monsters) then you needn’t much toughness and can use Zodiac+Mortics on 2k paragon.

PS4 player (don’t hate me for it :slight_smile: )

1006 para, 11K Str. (Rubies in all sockets)
50 CHC ,510% CHD
88% area damage
64% CDR with Gogok
55% CDR with Zei’s

I use:

• Zodiac with Zei’s/Gogok (can’t decide which one is better). Gogok adds comfort to having a permanent WOTB+COTA and better healing, while Zeis adds to damage, but I leap more to get the 15+ yards. Bloodshed is a huge factor in helping clear the trash and Gogok is better collaborating with this rune since I don’t need to think about distance all the time. Zeis helps kill random far away enemies when I am in fight utilizing the Bloodshed rune + boosts damage vs RG.

• 85 to 90% of the cycles I have constant WOTB from Zodiac.

• Almost permanent Ignore Pain 7 sec. Instead of WarCry for extra DR. 85% in total (according to d3planner) with Motricks and CaptaiCrimson. I feel this gives me much better survivability of the WC dodge.

• Berserker Rage 25% on full fury ( 70-80% of the time I have full fury), No escape, Ruthless, Boon of Bul-Kathos.

Coming very close to clear 108 GR, 1-2 min late each time. I don’t fish for a perfect GRift, just play in my free time. Survivability is not a problem with this setup, the damage is what holding me back at the moment.

No matter how many variations I have tried to drop Motricks for something else, I end up coming back to it.

I am sure the change on the BOD to 10 enemies will fix this to be Zei’s instead Gogok.

1 Like

If you go with Zei instead of gogok, the simulated dps will be about double.
However, Mortics and berserker uptime will give survivability issues SC. Since we already select Insanity, you coukd just use PoC in cube. Dmg will be the same but berserker uptime will be slighyly off occasionally.

You should try Diamonds, they provide a huge survivability boost. Do you run Zodiac with BoM + Flavor or Zodiac with Endless Walk? I wouldn´t recommend running without BoM at your paragon. With BoM you can easily drop Ignore Pain for Killing Spree or Falter.

Then I would equip a random WW Barb and speedfarm 70s in under 2 minutes to level gems, afterwards use LeapQuake to get higher ranks or with this Permafrost build, it destroys elites in sub 100. Augments, even if you get a bunch of 90s or 100s, will help you a lot as a damage increase. If you already have the proper CDR rolls, only Strength can help you achieve higher GRs plus it gives you more room to try different variants.

I wouldn’t worry about zies, gogok right now pick which ever is easier to run. What is a little strange with your build is it is really lacking in area damage. I run with 138 AD. I would working on increasing that as most of our damage comes from AD.

If Rend not going live as it was in the PTR will be confirmed, Permafrost should be back in contest.

1 Like

I’ll be trying the FotVP equiped + Fjord cubed variant.

I have two ancient FotVP in my stash:

• 4000 dps, 496% Slam damage

• 4200 dps, 460% slam damage

Which should I use?

5.96 / 5.6 - 1 = +6.43% DPS
4200/4000 - 1 = +5.00% DPS
The first one with 496% Slam bonus is slightly stronger.
I know Peak is cooler and more manly, but you should really try equipping Fjord Cutter + Echoing Fury, the damage is nuts.

I’ll be playing Rumble, with FotVP is better, right? You tested yourself, think I’ve read it somewhere

Oh yeah, but it´s not as strong as Permafrost.

Any buff news to fjord cutter?

1- WW/Rend
2- Raekor HotA
3- IK Charge
4- Fjord Slam
5- IK HotA
6- MotE

Is that it?

Why are Raekor HotA and IK Charge so high, did they get buffed?
Did anyone test R6 Hammer with Remorseless and summoning Ancients?
Also that list is missing LoD HotA, which is stronger than Crimson Frost on live. Remorseless is 3.5x, Fjord 3.75x (2.5*1.5). It´s difficult to gauge the Destruction 5->10 limit buff, but Permafrost could be as good as LoD HotA next patch, or even stronger.

1 Like

IDK, don’t have a clue what will be our top 5, really. Maybe Free can give some insight