Grotesque a sign that your game developer hates you?

I seem to recall only one monster that exploded into worms, Duriel, in Diablo II.

Am I the only one that thinks these creatures are so disgusting, it’s a deliberate attempt to turn me off? From what I hear, this is only a small sample of the horrors to come.

Now, don’t get me wrong!

I love the game, so much so that I purchased it, knowing full well what a slap in the face it would be. It’s just…

Well… How many of these things am I going to have to kill?

It wasn’t bad enough that the devs made them spew worms, but I have to kill them too? What’s next? Baby demons?

Someone’s been taking far too many acid trips, just to ‘deliver a nostalgic experience to dedicated Diablo fans!’

You should have been here when Diablo III  was first released.

1. All the monsters where so OP, nearly everything could 1-shot you.
  2. Waller monsters that could box you in. You couldn’t move and only certain Skills could attack over the walls. You just stood there while the monsters killed you.
  3. The list was seemingly endless.

Much has changed since then. The game has become a lot easier. In fact, maybe too easy. But, still fun. (My opinion).

Welcome to New Tristram!  

Lock and load, mate!  

2 Likes

Every character / build in this game has some preferable and some less preferable monsters they want to meet.
Just saying, some of my best records are made against map full of Grotesques. And for that, they are one of my favorite mob types. It’s really satisfying to gather hundred(s) of these in a very tight pack and then nuke them.
Probably I don’t need to say most of my favorite builds are ranged.

It’s the diablo franchise, not my little pony adventures. I personally find the grotesque type mobs quite comedic how they inflate and go boom.

1 Like