Grenade dmg on gear (marauder build)

Will grenade dmg help boost dmg? i run marauder gear with cluster arrow? it should work but on maxroll they dont use it.

Any thoughts?

If you’re going to use Maxroll D3 Guides, you need to be careful. Maxroll can be very confusing if you don’t already understand the build you want to play.

For example, using the Marauder’s:

• They talk about Marauder’s build variations. Know which one you’re considering.
  • The main Marauder build (top one) shows Grenadier Passive, but no Grenades item Properties, Skills or Runes. (It shows Cluster Arrow/Loaded for Bear).
  • The main Marauder build uses Follower with Unity Ring, but build uses Bastions (Focus/Restraint) with Ring of Royal Grandeur cubed. (In this case, Unity on your Follower is useless).

There’s more, but you get the idea.

Grenadier passive supposed to apply for every grenade proc from any skill. This damage bonus, benefit most Cluster Arrow skillrunes as the base skill always scatter grenades after initial impact unless exceptions (such as Maelstrom and Shooting Stars skillrunes spreading rockets) specified.
You might have seen that Grenades damage skill bonus affix appearing on equipment, but that only increase primary attack Grenades’ damage output and nothing else. Only Grenadier passive is largely encapsulating for all grenade procs you can witness and Grenades damage affix is specific for primary attack.

There are quite a few build design mistakes like that on a large variety of builds in that site. I really have no idea why or how but mostly harmless.

I got grenadier passive. So grenade dmg on gear is usless? better to roll all res?

I run my own variation of Marauder’s. And only for the Set Dungeon or to farm other Sets when the Marauder’s is the Season free Set.

But, since you’re using Cluster Arrow (Grenades)/Loaded for Bear (Increased Damage), I wouldn’t say the Grenadier Passive is “useless”. Note: Loaded for Bear is Fire Damage. I would think you want Fire Skills on gear.

Someone with more knowledge of D3 game mechanics may be able to help you more.

Are you referring to the primary skill Grenade that you can have on belts or pants? In that case no, it will not boost any other skill that is using grenades as projectiles other than this particular skill.

Your Grenadier passive will benefit both primary attack Grenade damage and proc’d Cluster Arrow grenades whether them being resource generator or spender. Stacked “Grenade” damage on your gear only refer to Demon Hunter’s resource generating primary attack, Grenade. It doesn’t affect, nor benefit any other skill but that primary skill itself.

So in short yes, Grenade damage is useless for your build unless you plan to utilize primary attacks on a Marauder Set exclusively. I say, reroll it to resistance if you have those primary attack related skill bonuses, and don’t try to stack anything but Cluster Arrow damage on your equipment. If you want to increase grenade damage, I suggest you to try Hellcat’s belt, but it will cost you some utility or survival for your build.