Greater Rifts Revision

i think you read what i wrote too fast, they sure cant as in the actual system you still have to do a sub 15 clear to unlock futher grs.
and if there is no point, there is no point advocating against it.

1 Like

Joop.
And thats ok :slight_smile:

I just hope that this rule would also apply for all that run in groups.
That Group-Clears doesn´t effekt theyr solo progress and they have to unlock every tier for themself.

and … why do you want to do a 150 if you can´t even do a 120 ?
that makes no sense.
i can understand, that it is frustrating, if you fall short by just a few sec. or a minute. so upgrading at least the gem with a toll of minus 1 roll , would be nice.
but as already sayed. not over 2 tiers over your highest solo done.

GRs should be completed in time to have a chance to appear on the LB.

As for gem upgrading, I’d like to see the chance to upgrade to be set to 100% as long as the gem level is less or equal to the GR level played. Then reduce to 60, 30, 15 for the next three gem levels above that.

This morning, I had 7 fails in a row out of 8 upgrade chances at 60% chance. Somewhat frustrating…

if i understand it right, in his suggestion:

• to try a 150, you still have to previous clear a 120,130,140 and 149, you just dont need to do it in sub 15 min.
  • you still get the chance to upgrade your gems, regardless of the time of your clear.
  • to be registered in the LB, you would still need to do a sub 15 min clear.

someone found the sense.

1 Like

Maybe you could do it to unlock them.
i wouldn´t mind.

BUT

And with highest solo done i mean under 15 min

1 Like

sure it can have some limits, two instead of three attempts and not above the level of the rift it self sounds fair to me.

While I dont think zDPS should exist in the first place, why not? Seems just as fine as some dps focused class soloing a 150.

It would simply allow more builds to be viable, in some sense.
Something D3 is desperately lacking.

That requirement should of course also disappear.

Imo make it like this:

You get 2 rolls for finishing a GRift, regardless of time.
If you finish it without dying you get +1 rolls, and +2 if empowered.
If you finish it in less than 15 min you get +1 rolls, and +2 if empowered.

It speeds up low gem lvling a little bit. While both rewarding speed, and survival, for higher gem lvling. Power creep/faster gem lvling overall? Yeah, but also a system that allows for more builds to shine.

1 Like

Sure.
D3 could use some more Builds.

But i don´t think that beeing able to go up to 150 without getting something out of it, would really change the Builds, nor the Playstyle.
Either you want to push your own Limits and see what you can do. Or you are just greedy for XP/Gems. And in this case, doing Speeds or regular Contend would do you better.

sounds great! +1

i dont see it as powercreep as it dont raise the actual “power cap” of the game.

i agree here, i fail to see how it would change/increase build diversity.

i dont see how doing solo speeds would get you a lvl 150 gem.

You get more and faster Paragon by Speeds, as if you would do a several Hour Run on 150 for your Gems.
You might think it is a good way to increase your Powerlvl. But in reality thats not the Case.
If you just want to increase your Gems from 130 to 150 for your Augments … That are “only” 20 Paragon-lvl in total for each Gem.
In the same Time you need to clear that 150 … you would get by far more out of just Speedrunning.

Only after you reached your Zenit, this extra Gem-lvls would be helpfull or if you couldn´t beat the Timer anymore.
But as mentioned.

not for augments, for jewelry.

the point of the suggestion is to get rid of the 15 min timer for gem leveling and only for gem leveling. if you still have the solo 15 min clear cap there is not point on trying to change the system as it would end up being the same.

True. But faster power gain at least.
Hardly a problem though, not a big difference from how fast it already is.

1 Like

Because “participant trophy” mentality.

3 Likes

And why should someone, who norm. can´t go over 120, have 150´ger Gems?

Nope. I´m against this.
If you push and fail to beat your own best Ranking. Sure. Give at least 2 Upgrades as consolation and you might be able to do it next Time, with better Luck.

Otherwise you could just put down a Vendor, where you can buy the 150´ger Gems for 15 Ramaladnis.
That would be the same.
Achiving everything without going through the Trouble of beating the Time.

You can get this also with a new Sigil for your Banner

They used to allow gem levelling for longer than 15 minute clears (it was allowed in the area of trials and numbered GR keys). They removed it in 2.3.0. I really doubt they are going to add it back.

You may now only upgrade Legendary Gems if you complete a Greater Rift before time expires

Same, I don’t expect them to either.

1 Like

Who would do that? I certainly wouldn’t.

And to those who would, more power to them.

1 Like

Leave the timer but change the number of increase attempts based on the amount of time remaining when you spark Urshi. Something like:

12 minutes (completed in 3 or less), 3 tries
<12 but >6 (completed between 3 and 9 minutes), 2 tries
<6 (completed in 9 minutes or more), 1 try

Empower gives +1
Not dying gives +1

Everyone pretty much already pushes for speed.