Great Season. 31 Feedback

Been blasting D3 almost every day since the new season launched. Started with a crusader because I enjoy the class and there’s nothing like it in D4. Then gave in to the dark side and played a necro after I got my full altar unlocked. I’m not “done” with the season, but after hitting 150 solo I can give my hand a rest and play stuff a little less clicky.

Captain Obvious feedback report:
The class that gets the most benefit this season is necromancer. With 3 weapons in the cube the result is players get a free power pylon as long as bone armor is up. Sure, other classes can get a little more damage going, or become super dooper tanky with cube items, but it’s not a good idea to give one class a gourmet feast and everyone else dog food.

Pros - Anything necromancer
Cons - Everything else

My suggestion for this not to happen again is to mix season themes together so everyone gets something meaningful. I know you aren’t making new stuff, but there’s no reason we can’t mix the old stuff together into “new” stuff without spending a lot of dev time on it.

4 Likes

Praise the rng god for waking up to a normal day!

1 Like

While I agree it’s kind of a conundrum. If they mix this theme with any other theme, I believe Necromancers still would have the highest benefit. There’s no other Season theme that could cover the 10x damage output gap between Necros and other classes. To break this imbalance, either the other Season theme need to be as specific as Forbidden Archives, or it need to benefit everyone and be really overpowered with least amount of effort.

I wouldn’t know about the first one, but for latter, I think I have two contestants. One is Trials of the Tempest’s elemental unleashes and the other is Visions of Enmity’s restricted Paragon point allocation. I know you all rather quit the game and sue Blizzard, than getting limited on Paragon point allocation, so I think you’ll have fun with bright effects more. Season themes such as Crucibles, Ethereals and Shadows only pulls the gap wider as Necromancers are still strong with those themes and would impact nothing.

I discovered another way the cube is a lot of fun. True, not as much fun as end game necro builds, but still fun. As I’m leveling up toons, trying to get my starter set, I inevitably get a bunch of random gear that I can cube and use. “Huh? Two defensive helms but no rings? Sweet!” It makes getting to end game a lot more interesting and enjoyable. I’ve played thru HC normal and SSF on NA, HC on EU and working on EU HC SSF. All hail the flexicube!

1 Like

The perfect idea to mix with this theme has already been mentioned many, many times. Either free RoRG or 4th cube slot or both. The problem with the flex cube slot theme is most non-necro builds use RoRG meaning, one cube slot is already taken up, and a second already has a weapon in it, meaning some builds might be able to flex their armor slot. Necros can flex 2 out of the 3 (3 weapons).

As a DH, I am having fun with this theme by putting my RoRG in my weapon slot, my weapon in the armor slot, and my armor in the jewelry slot.

1 Like

I think if they mixed season 19 with this one, it would be fun for everyone.

It would have been nice if they hadn’t nerfed some other powerfull builds like Marauder, Mundunugu, Rhaekor, Meteor, etc., just one season before they left the game to its own devices without any further balance updates.

5 Likes

I think these two could have worked. The Pandemonium is just a more effort requiring Tempest theme afterall. I just think they would spare to replicate Pandemonium theme for another special occassion, such as an expansion of Diablo 4 releasing soon or whatever.
RoRG could help everyone, but Necromancers with class Set can also have access to Mantle of Channeling or side Sets such as Guardian’s or Crimson’s as well. Still not a big deal thinking those are staple for other classes and this allow them to get something they want and keep a ring slot for, say Convention of Elements or Unity.

Not entirely sold on that last one. In case you give them another extra unrestricted slot, I believe all Necromancer builds could wear Jesseth’s, and don’t have to pick between Corroded Fang and Scythe of the Cycle either. As long as they could include any Curse with Command Skeletons or Bone Armor they have a huge boost from that deal too. That could just increase the power gap between them and rest of the roster.

Try to toss Odyssey’s bow. It’s best pick for most Demon Hunter builds within’ the unrestricted Cube slots. Only Marauder would try to include Dawn somewhere I assume.

Great season heh? But then …

and …

So 1 Class = Great season

Pathetic Anything else = Great season

Got it … LOL …

2 Likes

If they start doing this that would mean you would have a new season. Yes it is wishful thinking. “BUT” The thing is this game is 12yrs old. They really might want to walk away from it if they could. To me they have turn a Blind Eye on this.

This season definitely has a pot of gold if you are a necro. Saving up augs to do 150 bonespear next.

The only thing that would make it a great season is if you haven’t played it before. But there are people that have played it and are playing it again too.

Plus yes this is a game that we do the same thing over & over again. So doing older seasons is OK because it would be the norm for this game. LOL LOL

This is like you watch the Superbowl and then you watch it again. When KC wins you jump around the room cheering again.

1 Like

It never has been a good idea but that’s the Blizzard definition of game balance. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t know if BigRed is positive or negative… After all having 4 accounts in the family that usually all had to complete every season, untill now at least, would indicate a positive, passionate feeling about the game. Also, even though it’s not a new theme, many things have happened to the game since it was up last time, so there is some freshness to it anyway.

1 Like