Graphics and audio stuttering

Hey guys! I had a question that I’m hoping someone here can help me out with.

First off, here are my specs:

|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz|
|Installed RAM|32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
Nvidia GTX 1070

I have a problem that seems to be specific to D2R. The game runs perfectly for around 10 minutes or so but after that I begin to get intense video and audio stuttering and lag. It will get to the point where it freezes for about 3 seconds and then suddenly everything is back to normal but it will continue to happen. I’ve tried everything I can think of, (changing priority to high, power settings, changing NVIDIA settings to Performance, updated drivers), but it doesn’t go away. I’ve tried fullscreen, windowed, all settings on low and it’s still a problem. I understand this is a beta but I want to make sure this isn’t a problem come release. Any ideas? Thank you.

2 Likes

I had the same issue. What I had to do was lower the internal rendering, by going into Settings: Video, and adjusting Resolution Scaling down to 50%. This fixed most of the sync delays, but certain ambient sounds worked, and some did not.

The worst problem was sounds dropping out, like I would shoot my bow several times, only to hear it once. When I disabled reverb, that helped allot.

I hated doing that, so I turned it back on, and started playing zoomed in. No lag. No dropouts. Great sound. Felt like I was playing Diablo 1, again. Really fun, but that doesn’t fix the issue.

So, here’s what I think is happening:

New reverb acoustics taking too much time to load, as they must be rendered based on location (indoors, outdoors, near water, etc…). Forgetting that you have a great system, new sounds were added to the game, and not in a cheap way. So, CPU and sound card assets are going to maxed out, for certain sounds.

Imagine that you have a full orchestra, with a foley artist, all trying to get it right, every time. Now, place them in an amphitheater. Now, record it, making sure that the 17 microphones are all synced up. Then, move them indoors, and reset all of the microphones, but only for the outhouse, so that people can hear it one way inside, and one way outside.

Get the picture?