GR90 WW Barbarian Speed (Season 19)

Season 19: Paragon 955 and Strength 10k
Hardcore Class: Barbarian (Wrath of the Wastes)
Tier: Greater Rift 90 (3 minutes) or Greater Rift 75 (2 minutes)

Twitter Screenshot GR90

Skills:
Rend (Bloodbath)
Whirlwind (Blood Funnel)
Ignore Pain (Bravado)
Threatening Shout (Falter)
War Cry (Veteran’s Warning)
Wrath of the Berserker (Striding Giant)

Passives:
Ruthless
Nerves of Steel
Boon of Bul-Kathos
Rampage

Cube:
Ambo’s Pride
Lamentation
Ring of Royal Grandeur (Act 1 Bounty Cache)

Gear:
Wrath of the Wastes set (no shoulders)
Mantle of Channeling (8% cooldown)
Bul-Kathos’s Oath set (10% cooldown each)
Pride of Cassius (6 seconds)
Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (8% cooldown)
Nemesis Bracers
Convention of Elements (8% cooldown)
Eye of Etlich (8% cooldown)

Gems:
Gogok of Swiftness
Taeguk
Bane of the Trapped

Details:
1,024,666 Damage
16,714,691 Toughness
465,155 Recovery

Offense:
Damage Increased by Strength 10,255%
Attacks per Second 1.85/1.96
Attack Speed Increase 42%
Critical Hit Chance 50.5%
Critical Hit Damage 360%
Area Damage 50% (paragon points)
Cooldown Reduction 57.91%
Physical Damage Increase 38% (amulet and bracers)
Whirlwind Damage Increase 29% (helm and boots)

Defense:
Armor 20,848 (85.63%)
Lowest Resist 506 (59.14%)
Missile Damage Reduction 32.67%

Life:
Maximum Life 800,047
Total Life Bonus 70%
Life per Second 10,728
Life per Hit 8,044

Follower Skills (Enchantress):
Charm
Powered Armor
Erosion
Focused Mind

Follower Gear (Enchantress):
Smoking Thurible (cannot die)
Azurewrath (lightning damage enchanted)
Wyrdward (35% stun)
Oculus Ring (84% damage)
Overwhelming Desire (Act 3 Bounty Cache)

Notes:
The trick here is to keep all skills active such as Ignore Pain and Wrath of the Berserker. We need cooldown to skills in order to make this work.
We’re going for speed. This means we want more Elites popping out from Nemesis Bracers. Notice that Bul-Kathos’s Oath also has Increased Movement Speed.
Rubies in Chest and Pants. Diamond in Helm. Emeralds in Weapons.
Critical Hit Chance is more useful than Critical Hit Damage in terms of survival. Whirlwind (Blood Funnel) keeps us alive.
Avoid explosions because they just hurt.
Swap Lamentation in Cube for Chilanik’s Chain if you want more Speed for lower tiers.
Swap Ruthless for Pound of Flesh passive if you want more Speed for lower tiers.
Almost any set can run through Torment 6 with ease. More options available if you want to experiment.

Other notes:
Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Pray for those affected by the Australian bush fires.
Good luck and have fun everyone. =)

Added notes:
The Flavor of Time amulet is also worthy of mention. Wear Diamonds in gear instead of Rubies for All Resistances if you find yourself getting hit too hard.
You can keep the Rubies on, but swap Rampage for Superstition to be safer in GR90. Less chance to proc Nerves of Steel.
For GR75: Swap Gogok of Swiftness for Bane of the Powerful and Swap Striding Giant for Insanity. Easy to pull off once you reach Paragon 1000. Under 2 minute speed runs.

Greater Rift 112:
We keep the gems Gogok of Swiftness for Cooldown, Bane of the Stricken for Rift Guardian, and Esoteric Alteration for resistances. We also had Tough as Nails for better survival from physical damage. Generally want to start gaining more Paragon levels or Augment at this stage.

Currently ranked 714 on solo barbarian Leaderboard. We had to use Captain Crimson’s Trimmings, but we couldn’t use Pride of Cassius and Ignore Pain (Bravado). Have to tank without Mantle of Channeling also. Swapped to Ignore Pain (Iron Hide). Don’t have to worry much about Area Damage because we focused on survival to get us through.

Twitter Screenshot GR112

Greater Rift 75 Speed:
We can manage to pull off wearing Rubies in chest and pants. Don’t need Rampage. Overpower (Crushing Advance) to tank physical damage and Superstition as the new Passive Skill. This is with 600k Life minimum and Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity).

The other option is to replace Superstition for Rampage. Swap Taeguk for Esoteric Alteration. We can wear rubies in chest and pants.

Latest Tweet: Season 19 Screenshot

After a few more weeks of trial and error, I thought I’d add a few tips on how I’m able to run Greater Rift 75 solo under 2 minutes.

1. Sometimes there’s just runs that takes more than 2 minutes. Reaching the 4th or 5th floor. Low density monster maps, few Pylons, or bad placement of the Rift Guardian.
  2. Possible to speed run even with Paragon points into Vitality and Diamonds for resistances (75%) in gear.
  3. I have 1.2 million Maximum Life and less than 600k sheet Damage in town without Augments. Wearing a couple of Ancient items though.
  4. 60% Critical Hit Chance for Whirlwind (Blood Funnel) while using Killing Spree and Wrath of the Berserker (Insanity).
  5. Still prefer having 57.91% Cooldown Reduction and ability to spam skills and keep them active most of the time. Don’t forget the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac.
  6. Winning legendary gems include Taeguk, Bane of the Powerful, and Gogok of Swiftness.
  7. Esoteric Alteration and Bane of the Stricken gems for longer battles.
  8. Bane of the Trapped is nice, but not necessary.
  9. Pickup Radius really does help because every second counts.
  10. Don’t forget to Increase Rend Damage on Shoulders and Chest Armor. Whirlwind Damage and Skull Grasp does not help as much.
  11. Nemesis Bracers are definitely for speed runs and hope for more Pylons, but Mortick’s Brace is optional for progression to higher difficulties with longer fights.
  12. Ambo’s Pride and Lamentation works very well together in Kanai’s Cube.
  13. I feel Convention of Elements can be replaced by other items, but the damage is nice enough to burn the Rift Guardian (12 second cycles).
  14. Ignore Pain (Bravado) skill, Bul-Kathos’s Oath weapons set, and Pound of Flesh passive skill to help increase Movement Speed.
  15. It is possible to wear Rubies for more Strength, but not a necessary risk.
  16. Gaining Paragon points is more worthwhile than Augmenting gear. Keep backup gear in stash in case of death in Hardcore.
  17. Critical Hit Chance and Vitality are more important than Area Damage or Attack Speed.
  18. This is all for Wrath of the Wastes set.
  19. Have fun always even though Season 19 is about to end.
  20. Good luck Nephalem.
1 Like

@Sherwin,
You are the Man!

Thanks much for this guide.

I loved your guide from the old forum when it was S17.
Please keep up the great work on helping us WW Barb lovers!

1 Like

Thanks man, this build is working well for me.

2 Likes

Some dude from eu was bragging in reddit about his gr 150 earlier. I think I hurt his feelings when I told him that you did it 3 days earlier.

@Shivan No problems. I started as a Thorns/Frenzy Barbarian, but threw that all out once the Whirlwind speed was too juicy.

@groin Can play around with it, but generally want to keep your skills active. Problems occur when either Ignore Pain or Striding Giant (WotB) loses momentum.

@Endeavor Yeah, our clan did GR150 a while back, but I haven’t spent much time in group play this season. Not really a fan of Reddit either.

Usually have a power-leveling set up every season though. =)