GR150 Solo Tal Rasha?

What paragon level do people think a GR150 solo would be viable at, given next seasons theme?

Weā€™re going to have to wait to see what changes are in the final patch notes. The PTR made it possible to solo 150ā€™s without any weapons or even skills on potions alone. So until we know what itā€™s been changed to weā€™ll have no clue.

2 Likes

Even removing the pylon node entirely, it should still be soloable at like 1500 paragon. Probably even lower to be honest.

Thereā€™s a some non-season solo 150s with Talā€™s starting around 4k paragon. And a couple even under 4k. The lowest non-season solo 150 with Talā€™s was around 3200 paragon (shoutout JavBoc).

I did 150 solo in non-season at 4k paragon after about 50 keys, Iā€™m not a god tier player and it wasnā€™t even that crazy of a rift.

Just looking at the damage nodes from the altar, those are worth +2.5 tiers vs. trash, +4.5 tiers vs. elites, and +6 tiers vs. RG.

If itā€™s doable at 3-4k in non-season so letā€™s say 25-30k mainstat, it should be doable at like 15k mainstat once you factor in the damage nodes. To say nothing of the APoC node. And the toughness nodes. And the shrine/pylon node.

I honestly donā€™t think itā€™s gonna take much to do 150 on Talā€™s in S28.

EDIT: All the sub-5k paragon solo 150 Talā€™s clears in non-season globally (thereā€™s 786 total Talā€™s 150 clears right now, but the other 771 are >5k).

Player Time Paragon
JavBoc 13:09:700 3188
xxKisses 14:25:399 3459
Devastator 14:32:983 3818
TinneOnnMuin 13:39:466 4094
ArmaDrake 12:21:400 4336
ę— é™å‰‘åø 13:20:683 4370
ę—…č”Œä¹‹é£Ž 14:51:966 4480
ė‹¤ģ“ģ œģ™• 14:13:49 4484
靓嘢 14:17:750 4547
ģš°ģ„¬ź°œė¬¼ė”±ģ§€ 14:49:100 4706
mizOoO 13:12:616 4783
JboostAkai 11:48:350 4934
ockhamdesign 13:33:500 4943
Reidark 14:59:666 4950
ę’øåø 13:18:466 4969
2 Likes

It should not be possible. Maybe at extreme paragon, like 15000, for a solo run. Group play is naturally different and should require each to have around half that.

I would love this to be the case! Iā€™ve never done a 150 and would like to say a final ā€œhoorahā€ to D3 with a 150 season. It seems reasonable to assume that the devs are wanting to go with an OP season before D4 comes out as they know D3ā€™s future will never be as high as it has been in the past.

Hereā€™s hoping anywayā€¦

Based on top streamers opinion, Tal Rasha wizard is the best solo GR build in the game, or near the top with other builds like LOD WOL monk. It is one of the few top builds that can equally dominate both trash and elites and rift guardians without gimmicks or massive CDR.

There is an important ovelooked S28 altar power that grans resources on crit. Tal Rasha star pact wizard variant does max damage with a full arcane power globe. With this S28 resource power, you can star pact meteor a trash pack and immediately generate a full or near full AP globe from critting that pack. This fast AP generation is a huge buff for star pact meteor wizard.

The comet variant of Tal Rasha meteor isnā€™t as dependent on AP, but this S28 power will pretty much let you spam meteor non-stop assuming you have a decent crit rating.

Itā€™s really surprising that Tal Rasha meteor didnā€™t receive the nerf bat in S28, unless the incoming patch notes have some late changes. It is a pretty noob friendly build once you get your 4 tal rasha elemental stacks (4p and 6p bonus) going, at which point you refresh all 4 stacks by pressing meteor at least once every 8 seconds.

The build has no dependence on CDR, is pretty mobile, and is OK for farming and speed runs with some gear/skill changes. Playing it for a few months I would say itā€™s only nuisance is the lack of a shield indicator for your galvanizing ward + deflection shields, but this is a common problem for most wizard builds. Tal Rasha is not necessarily a squishy build unless you play very aggressively and donā€™t pay attention to enemy projectiles and AOE.

Thankfully there are multiple S28 altar powers that provide big toughness buffs, which help less durable builds like Tal Rasha.

Tal Rasha is pretty much the polar opposite of LOD WOL monk, which is very gear dependent, very CDR dependent, can die instantly at just the wrong time, and requires more careful positioning.

Iā€™m going with Tal Rasha meteor build myself for S28 as a solo GR pusher, unless it receives some last minute nerfs.

3 Likes

Damage isnt a problem at 1500 paragons & good gear. Its the staying alive thing.

Thatā€™s just not accurate at all. There were hundreds of GR150 solos in S27 and S28 is at least 5 tiers higher as far as power goes. The ENTIRETY of the leaderboard will be 150 clears in S28 for wizard, monk, maybe necro, maybe dh as well. Speaking for wizard specifically. Arcane Meteor will STOMP GR 150 around 2k-2.5k paragon. Reverse-Archon Meteor wizard may be able to do it with shrines even lower than that, like 1500 or even 1k paragon(squishy tho). In general, Paragon is only necessary to get to the point where you can survive the 150. You shouldnā€™t lack for damage.

1300 paragon max in S28 with TaL will clear GR150, trust me with the Altar theme

3 Likes

The toughness nodes in S28 are actually worth a lot of toughness. Assuming good gear, you should have close to the same toughness at 1500 paragon in S28 as a 4k paragon in non-season. And I didnā€™t have that much trouble staying alive in 150 at 4k in non-season.

Consider the damage/toughness values in this planner: 1500 vs 4000 paragon Tal Rasha Then weā€™ll factor in the S28 altar bonuses.

1500 paragon: ~205T average meteor damage vs. trash, ~266T vs. elites, and ~333T vs bosses. With ~548M toughness.
4000 paragon: ~344T average meteor damage vs. trash, ~448T vs. elites, and ~560T vs. bosses. With ~811M toughness

In S28, just looking at the straight damage/toughness nodes, you gain:
+200 flat damage (worth about 5% dps with staff)
+10% elemental damage (worth about 6.7% dps with 40% from bracers/amulet and 10% from Enchantress)
+25% damage
+35% elite damage (additive with 30% from Aughildā€™s I believe)
+25% damage to bosses (not sure if this is additive or multiplicative with Stricken level 25 effect)

25% melee reduction
25% ranged reduction
25% elite reduction
15% dodge

In S28, this would boost the planner damage at 1500 paragon to ~287T vs. trash, ~473T vs. elites, and ~739T vs. bosses. And bump the toughness at 1500 paragon to ~877M.

So in S28, just looking at the damage and toughness nodes, youā€™ll already have about the same or more damage (a little less vs. trash, about the same vs. elites, and quite a bit more vs bosses) at 1500 paragon in S28 vs. 4k paragon in non-season. Youā€™ll also have about the same toughness in S28 at 1500 paragon vs. 4k paragon in non-season.

And thatā€™s ignoring the value of the APoC node (i.e. Star Pact). Not to mention the shrine/pylon node.

3 Likes

Talā€™s will do solo 150 under 1500 paragon in S28. LoD Meteor will come in a little after that, maybe 2.5-3k? Typhonā€™s will probably do solo 150 at like 3-4k as well. DMO orb should do 150 maybe around 5-6k? Probably lower if Ronin is playing S28 and feels like trying to push it at lower paragon. Mere mortals like us will need more paragon to get orbs over the hump.

Iā€™ll probably farm to 3k paragon next season. Iā€™ll do solo 150 with Talā€™s and LoD meteor for sure, Iā€™m also going to try for Typhonā€™s. Although I may tap out at like 148 or something with Typhonā€™s, weā€™ll have to see what changes with the updated patch notes. Iā€™m going to try DMO orb as well, although I have a suspicion Iā€™ll tap out in the mid to high 140s there. Itā€™ll really depend what they do with the shrine/pylon node.

3 Likes

I donā€™t care what it will do. I care only about what it should be capable of doing.

No solo build for any class should be able to go GR150 under 10k paragon.

So only capable by botters, great design.

3 Likes

Agreed. I just re-estimated the value of the combined buffs and came up with a range of 15-20 tiersā€¦ itā€™s probably doable for Tal Wizard at 0 paragon.

0 - 3200 paragon is about a 6 tier increase (assuming you have augs). And the altar buffs are giving 2-3 times that amount. Thatā€™s enough that you could also drop offensive gear/rolls for defense and still kill everything, no sweat. Even no augs + 0 paragon ā†’ good augs and 3200 paragon is still only 8-9 tiers. So it could probably be done at 0 paragon and no augs, either.

The only limiting factor on how low a paragon 150 weā€™ll see is how little XP a player can actually get while playing, and clearing, their way up to 150.

2 Likes

The biggest annoyances are taken away. Crowd control immunity isnā€™t an issue in S28. Thatā€™s my biggest pet peeve at least.

And yeah, 1500 paragons in s27 is totally doable. Just not casually, lol.

Thanks for the mention, and it is true I believe that with the great power creep of the altar of rites, definitely in season 28 we are going to see Tal Rasha in 150 Gr with 1500 paragon or close to that, I have no doubts that those numbers will be achieved

So what do we all think about solo 150 paragon given the effective removal of pylon nodes. Down to 16 seconds may as well have just removed them.

A solo player would have to work their way up 3 tiers at a time from 78. Letā€™s assume they do the 3 tier jump all the way to 140, 2 tier jumps to 145, and 1 tier jumps to 150, never failing a rift. Letā€™s also assume they unlock the pool node and grabbed a pool before starting. And that they donā€™t even bother levelling their gems beyond the levels they put on clearing those GRs.

Theyā€™d earn a little over 12T XP clearing those GRs, which would put them a bit over 1000 paragon.

They could so some shenanigans like avoid the pool node or have a group open the 150 for them so they can jump all the other tiers. But for an solo grinder that isnā€™t actively trying to inhibit their paragon, I think 1k is probably the lowest youā€™d be, just from the XP youā€™d earn climbing up to 150. Probably more like 1300 if you grind your gems up to 140+ before trying.

3 Likes

Sounds like a fair and reasonable assessment to me.

Unless of courseā€¦

Did I hear it right that pools last for the whole season? Ie not even wearing out but stay permanently with you?