GR111 DH GoD advice

Is there a huge difference in difficulty from 110 to 111? I beat 110 with 5 minutes remaining, and can’t seem to do enough damage to beat 111. Build is:

GoD set
Focus/restraint
Hunters wraps
Wraps of clarity
Flavor of time
Dawn
Vallas Bequest

Cube:

Ninth cirri satchel
CoE
Depth diggers

Legendary Gems:

Taeguk
Bane of stricken
Simplicity’s Strength

Skills:

Hungering Arrow
-Devouring arrow

Fan of knives
-Bladed armor

Strafe
-Drifting Shadow

Companion
-Wolf

Shadow Power
-Gloom

Vengeance
-Dark Heart

Passive:

Cull the weak
Archery
Numbing Traps
Ambush

Any advice to do more damage? I see videos of guys on PC ripping GR 117 on same paragon level (1050). Is there a difference on console? Maybe I just suck?

Every 5 GR’s is 1 torment level. So if GR 100 = T21, GR 110 = T23 and GR 111 would be just a step above that. Where as if you attempted GR 115, that would be equivalent to T24.
Huge difference between PC and console, is higher end game, you need to keep up with Neph Glory (which fall BEHIND your character) without those, you only do half damage… Which if you are up in the 100’s im sure you already know about the globes, but the higher you go, the more you really need to keep an eye on them.

I’d say at that level I’d want the trapped over the stricken tbh.

I don’t have the CoE I run elusive ring but that gives me survivability to run trapped/stricken/strength.

Passives I can’t say because I have a cheat death (HC)

I’m still debating on many different style I’d say play around with certain gems first mabye? Or you can ditch the wolf and go caltrops (bait the trap) when your standing still in an oculus for more crit chance.

I have a sub 10 min clear 120 on PlayStation if your on you can check my build. Paragon 1300 or so when I cleared it.

2 Likes

I don’t know how you’re doing a 120…I can’t get the damn build to work (SC)…

god build has ruined D3 seasons for me - there’s no way s6 impale can compete, so for me, there’s no reason to play seasons anymore, at least until Blizzard properly balances the game…I’m also on PS4.

1 Like

Monster Health increases about 23% per GR-Level. But when you can clear a 110 in 5 min, you should easily complete a GR120 with the same build. But you need good map with the right pylons and monsters.

As already said, NG is the major difference on consoles, but should only be an issue when you push to your limits.

For skills:

I would swap Strafe/DS to Strafe/Rocket storm, especially when running with Vallas (Rockets give you additional Generator procs). I have a 115 down without Vallas and lower Paragon. Instead of Archery i would use Awareness, but that’s personal preference.

Dual wielding isn’t optimal for solo, try to get an good Quiver with 20% AS (i know it’s hard), then you need only one AS roll for reaching APS 2.141 (Best breakpoint for 1h XBow)

This build is very easy to play, but hard to master. You need density. For starters it’s easier to run with a EoJ.

well stuff me, cos if it’s so easy to play, I’m screwed. I just can’t get it to work.

I still see shadow impale as the rgk in some groups on there and last season the top clears were mostly impale. With the holy point buff there’s no way that build can push more this season right there or close to the GoD.

If you want man check my build #2 HC DH and any questions id share I hold no secrets and I’m still testing stuff out too so there may be better than what I’m using also.

The obvious fix, from a main monk perspective is simple.

Delete the DH from the game! :rofl:

3 Likes

So I didn’t beat it in 5 minutes, but with 5 minutes remaining. Still figured I’d have little trouble with 111 though. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

I cleared 113 with Elusive Ring on cube, the deal is simple, I deal more damage by not dying, but I do it when I’m farming or leveling gems mainly.
When I use CoE I use Diamonds instead or Emerald.
Scout for the big pack of mobs, more there’s monsters more you deal damage
As the build is based CDR I would drop Shadow Power for Smoke Screen/Vanishing Powder.
Caldesan’s Despairs on gears isn’t mandatory but help a lot.

GR are a lot about Pylons, if you equip Elusive Ring you can also equip Nemesis, it’s fairly easy to handle 2 or 3 Bosses/Elite with all the damage reduction.

1 Like

Yes, I looked at the LBs after posting in this thread.

As I said, even with the HPS buff, s6 impale can’t get close to god performance. Since I dislike the god build and for some reason, simply cannot get it to work like others are doing, it has killed the season for me.

LON rapid fire is more squishy than s6 impale or UE MS CCR, that’s why you’re not really seeing it in HC last season. s6 impale is prolly the best build for HC pushing on solo LBs imho.

impale s6 wasn’t used as RGK last season AFAIK in HC at least. Crusader all the way - far more effective and efficient. This season, with the HPS quiver buff, it’s closer, but the nod would still go to HF cru for RGK. But, I’m a solo player, so I don’t group up, at least in HC. Even on SC, I group up for fun, not meta pushes, but that is uncommon for me.

As I said, god build kills seasons for me - I can’t compete as a s6 impale player, because the game is unbalanced. Every build should be within a GR of each other, not one build 10 GRs higher…that is NOT balanced. A balanced game, with a lot of builds, means game variety. Let the player choose what they want to play, not stack the desired builds by buffing them X amount of GR levels above any other builds for that character class…

Blizzard received a LOT of feedback that the HPS quiver buff for patch 2.6.9 was NOT enough and needed to be bumped to 200-250% to be competitive as RGK and for the solo LBs, but as usual, they didn’t listen…funny thing that.

What do you mean? Dennis finished #1 with a LoD rapid fire build last season HC with a 130 I believe jumping the cheating save wizards. I also ran the same build but couldn’t push that high as it was my first season and I started with the last month (finished 110 but could’ve done 115)

Granted it’s not perfectly balanced but they a lot closer than you think. People are just on the GoD build because it’s new. It’s OP and some things could use catching up but other builds are very viable if people want to use them and put the time in.

I can’t disagree with your comments.
Yes I like GoD, the optimal damage build is a bit to simple to operate at my taste, but I enjoyed a lot N6 much more than any other set items, which is left in the dust since years, I won’t farm 10,000 paragon to clear a 110, I can’t do much beside wait for a possible update… one day!

1 Like

N6 was my first set last season and I love it, a buff would be nice mabye a bit to the damage but I really think they need to increase that window of time that you can do damage. If your running rapid fire you can barely if even get your full assaulter stacks before you have to refire rain of vengeance. I think it should be a 15 second minimum window.

Since I’m solo, I don’t know the names of the group players…I’ve made my feelings well known about group players running solo runs and getting unfair advantages due to paragon and lgems etc in the past, many times.

I can’t remember what build got #1 HC DH PS4 last season, it was kinda moot for me, since you know, mega paragon…I mean, p4000 vs p1200 is no comparison and hardly a fair comparison of skill, is it? So, whilst I agree that save wizard scum cheaters suck, I also think that solo LBs should reflect solo ONLY play. I effectively consider the group players doing solo runs with massive advantages that are not available to solo players as abusing the system, i.e. cheating. You are free to disagree.

RF LON is prolly 5 GRs higher than s6 impale, which in itself is 2 or so GRs higher than UE MS CCR. SC showed this.

The current #1 HC player is a known cheat from what I have been told, but yes, he’ll get beaten by the better skilled players as the season progresses. I had a good giggle at that last season and the season before (where I fnished rank 4 and rank 7 respectively with gutsy 119 clears, as a solo player with lowly p1100 and p1200 respectively I might add). The group players can go full on glass cannon DPS and buff vitality with paragons, whereas solo players such as myself have to go glass cannon without the benefit of paragon vitality and have a far higher risk of dying in HC. That’s where the real skill comes into it - knowing when to quit the game or GR because of bad map/mobs, rather than just pushing on cos you have mega paragon.

GOD is significantly stronger than s6 impale - a friend has done a 118 without augments @ p1500 already and he’s not the most skilled DH players. He ranks high ONLY because he groups up and gets mega paragon, mega augments and mega lgems. Take all of that away from the group players doing solo runs and they’re nothing too special imho.

I personally never liked n6 or m6 (or s2m2 when it was a thing). Clunky sets and clunky builds imho. GOD set falls into that category for me too…

It’s a perfect casual player set. You can do the whole content with it. Speed, Push and group. And there is no BIS setup. And it’s also HC friendly.

Most builds for DH were clunky, because Elusive Ring doesn’t exist.
S2M2 never worked on console, due to the NG mechanic. Same category like LoN FoK builds.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that myself.

I could get s2m2 to work, not as effectively as on the PC version of the game, but yes, NG mechanics limited its performance. The trick back then was to get 3 mins up time of NG before starting a GR (this was before Blizzard wiped it to fix the Wizard exploit with twister).

well, it’s all a matter of taste, some prefer a dynamic rather than an other, same goes for symmetry, rotation, mobility.
When a set feels clunky it’s the player perspective not a devs team issue, tools are there for the players but to get a place on the leaderboard means that we have to deal with established build which doesn’t please everyone.

I was thinking that GoD was a bit too simple, but I tried it with Squirt & Fortress Balista, this is among the most difficult playing I have done so far.

Here it’s about power play not skill, a player can master a super hard gameplay and not being able to get pass GR 80.

Now that’s weird!!!

I’d say both. If the mechanics of the set force players to devise clunky builds to make the set work…

Well, this is a common issue on the solo LBs, with group players having a massive paragon advantage and smashing solo players in rankings…again, take that massive paragon advantage away and see what happens.

Not really. Paragon gives you both DPS and toughness (more of the latter as paragon points increase). There’s a thread about this a year or so ago from memory. A player with p4000 running a 119 GR (let’s say, s6 impale) will have a far easier time of things than a player doing the same GR with only p1200. It’s well known that solo players have much lower paragon than group players, and it’s also far easier to gain paragon in group play than solo. Last season, I ran 16 GRs in a 3 man group (non meta, not serious) and got 60 paragon points. 12 GR 90s, 2 GR 95s and 2 GR 99s from memory (I could be wrong on the GR levels as I’m going from my memory, which is not to be trusted lol). About an hours work. If I had done that solo, I’d have gotten around 15 paragon points.

Solo LBs should be solo. A solo player can’t get their lgems to rank 150 now can they, not if they’re clearing GR119…with trapped, that’s a 30 rank difference for around 10% dps buff. Not a lot, but it all counts. augments all add up, and contribute to both dps and toughness (more the latter), which is beneficial on higher GR pushes on solo runs.

The game is incredibly unbalanced when it comes to paragon points imho. Roughly 30% of the game’s players are solo players, which is a sizeable chunk. We are continuously ignored by Blizzard and trolled by the group players every time we bring this issue up. An easy fix is SSF LBs. An alternative is to change the way XP is earned in solo play and buff it so that it’s relatively close to the group XP buffs. It wouldn’t hurt group players, at least from a paragon point of view. Of course, it would hurt them as solo players would have more paragon from solo play and be better able to compete evenly on the solo LBs and some (most IMHO) group players would lose a lot of ranks as better skilled solo players can push higher on more evenly based paragon points distribution.