Good reasons why Soulshards should Stay

So? Thats like day 3 progress. This stage in season aug should be 150s exclusively.

Why would u waste time on low lvl gr just cause u wanna lvl gems? U can lvl gems at high gr aswell. Yes they want a shortcut. All gears augmented is about 1.6k paragon?Should everyone start at 1.6k paragon cause it takes time go farm gr and u cant farm as high gr when u lvl 1? Its part of the progression. If it takes times to farm gems then u have to make a judgement of which gear u wanna augment first and which u expect to find a upgrade first.

If ppl could choose they would always pick the lazy option. Its human nature. Doesnt mean thats the right way to do things. Im fine if it gives u augment 50 or even 75. Higher than that no. Instant augment also means u speed up the game and ppl reach gr150 faster.

Some would say that sitting for hours in a chair playing, and watching, video games is the epitome of lazyness.

… and I do know that e sport is a serious matter and that many people make a living out of gaming and streaming.

Playing a game is to waste time and done for enjoyment. Playing a game on your free time is not being lazy its a activity/hobby. Ppl who want the game to play itself or want things to be easier just so they can reach their goals are just too lazy to reach their own goals. We could also assume that those ppl are too lazy to even put effort to reach the goals they have irl. Its a weak and lazy personality which prevents them from reaching success. Those ppl tend to blame other things for their lack of dedication or achievements. In this case they blame the game.

Those ppl shouldnt play d3 and stick to mobile games where “afk farming” is a thing. D3 is designed to be a game which rewards dedication and effort. If u cant farm gr125 for your gems then its your problem. If u dont want to then u shouldnt have the same rewards as those who do.

If I could do GR125 for augs then I wouldn’t do anything lower than that when getting gems for augs. Doing a GR125 in about 2-3 min. Otherwise I would go to the highest GR I can do in that time period. Then If I could do a GR125 in an average of 10 minutes then I would use the GR125s to finish the augs to that level if I wanted an aug of 125.

But the difference between rank 125 and 150 is only 325 paragon levels of power. That isn’t that high of effective paragon to worry about.

But what I mean is to do a 100% upgrade to 25 means you need to do a GR37 (right?). If your build can’t do a 37 yet and you get to the point where one gem doesn’t have 100% then start with the next one. With the loot from the rifts required to get the keys needed for upgrading 3 gems (and the GR loot) you don’t hit that wall at 25 with all three. Especially with the 4 piece if you are doing seasonal journey, and you get the 6 piece before it is a problem with the other two.

And I might be wrong but as far as I know, in the early game if you do hit a wall with the 3 gems you are using not having 100% chance you are better of leaving them where they are and levelling other gems for later augments. Better to have guaranteed upgrades (that you are going to need later anyway) vs those 1% improvements after 25.

I am not saying this in a mean way, just wondering.

The only reason the AH was removed was because the US changed the law concerning it and it was probably easier to just shut it down instead of becoming compliant to the new laws

Like playing Diablo 3 takes effort, Hell the cheating is supposedly that rampant that you don’t even have to play the game just fire up the bot and play without being at the computer

There is a ton of streamers that say you are full of it, they do it for the money
then there is the whole esport market where they get a ton of cash for winning but you continue to be delusional about it being done for fun and waste time

Is that why I havent even got the 3 gems I am going to use to level 25 yet.

1 Like

One of their arguments. And it was the reason they gave.

Consider u being low paragon and gets kicked out of bounty runs i guess u need to put more effort if u want to compete. Try blast for 5k paragon and tell me it doesnt take effort. Not everyone is botting. Ppl bot since it takes effort, if it was a mobile game where u can afk farm, bots wouldnt do anything. Doubt ppl who bot would be here complaining about how much time it takes to farm gems to lvl 125. If something it seem to be a issue for low paragon players.

Not everyone is a streamer and treat gaming as a job. Alot of streamers earn money even though they not playing any games. Games are made as entertainment. Not sure why u being so angry. Ppl making money out of games is irrelevant to the post i was answering.

Its because u think it takes no effort and u can just sit and w8. Just proves u being wrong and doesnt work like a mobile game where afk farming is a thing.

So I socket my Ethereal Weapon with a soulshard, add a soulshard to my helm, and equip my 4th item in the cube.

2 Likes

First I’m not angry, I’m pointing out that not everyone does it for fun and some people do it for a living, I’m not the one claiming that it’s only done for fun and not for money

So being low paragon is a crime now days is it
Why should I join a public games do my bit and then get kicked so they can bring their mate in for free mats from someone else doing the bounties and then kicking them, why waste my time doing the bounties if I’m not going to get the reward for it, why should I waste my time putting the effort in and get nothing in return

As for competing I don’t need a dick measuring device, I got nothing to prove

They are usually the biggest complainers and the reason they give to bot, you must be a young kid because the one thing you should never do is so massively underestimate the human capacity to be stupid

I get bored with doing bounties after doing 2 acts worth and get bored doing rifts after doing 3 rifts in a row, I for one can’t sit in front of a computer zombiefied doing a rift every 3 mins for 8+ hours a day

3 Likes

Whats your point? Where did i say everyone play for fun? And how does it have anything to do with the statement i responded to?

Where did i say its a crime? Im trying to understand your logic. How come u still low paragon while other players have high paragon when diablo 3 requires no effort? If it was a afk game everyone would be equal.

Never happened to me. U seem very angry. I have nothing to do with them kicking u. Also didnt u say d3 requires no effort? So why u complaining about getting kicked? U didnt put any effort anyway. Might aswell give the bounties to their friend cause both of u put none effort according to your logic.

But u seem angry enough anyway. Maybe u mad because u cant compete?

So u believe the majority of those who complain the most in this thread are botters? Sounds more like u trying to blame someone else for u being bad. Looking at the paragon of the players who complain here i rly doubt they bot. Its more like a casual player issue.

Actually im not. Im a psychologist and i find your approach very childish if something. U saying u not mad but here u are calling me a kid when i dont agree with u. I do rly question your judgement.

But u saying it requires no effort? U just explained that u are a lazy person. U even think 3 rifts is too much. U simply just admitted that u want things easier because u are lazy. U dont need to play 8h a day to get your gems to lvl 125.

EFFORT:
1. The use of physical or mental energy to do something; exertion.

2. A difficult exertion of strength or will: It was an effort to get up.

3. A usually earnest attempt: Make an effort to arrive promptly.

4. Something done or produced through exertion; an achievement: a play that was his finest effort.

Would be nice. I quite like them.

Exactly, it also means you can level and augment multiple toons, something until this season I had been unable to do with the limited amount of play time I usually have in a usual season.

In fact I have been able to augment many of my ancient/primals for other sets that have dropped this season.

Again something I would have never been able to do previously. For me this has been about diversity, not just getting one build to the leader boards but being able to gear multiple toons to test out whether or not I like the play style and surviveability aspects at higher level rifts.

Despite Firebirds being the “better” set this season, I am not fond of the playstyle and am using Typhon’s instead. This is my first Wizard ever, and am having an absolute blast.

U could do anyway. U just want it free. If something they should slow down the progression in d3 as a season last for 3months or more and the builds got stronger. Getting augment 125 before ppl even can farm gr125. Im fine with u getting 50 free augment as then u can give your gears low lvl augment while u farm. But 125 its too much as that is around 1.6k paragon in power. Its even more than the paragon u reached so far in this season.

Guys like Wudijo all say that getting the “easy” 125 augments is a big improvement and one of the best things in the game. It’s beneficial to all players.

Not denying that is the case, although I think 50 is too low, 75 seems more reasonable.

Once you get your full set and the remaining accompanying pieces for your build (even without a single ancient or augment), hitting GR85 isn’t that far off. I mean you can fairly easily clear T16 within a few hundred paragon in the aforementioned gear.

The similar complaint was made some time ago when all the damage to the sets was severally buffed, people were having an absolute fit on the forums about it, how this meant so many of the Torment levels could now be skipped once you had a full six piece set, due to the power creep.

And yet… here we are today… and yet no one seems to be complaining about that anymore.

Without it, GR150 wouldn’t be possible, unless you had an UNGODLY amount of time and Paragon levels, even then… not so sure…

Mark my words, the removal of the gem leveling system at the end of this season without a “reasonable” replacement, will cause an uproar. No one will want to go back to the slog of having to level gems from one through whatever level just to augment something that might be trashed within a week (or less).

I don’t care if it’s not as great, but definitely needs to be faster than the previous system.

At this point, it’s been nearly 10 years since this game released, and lets face it… maybe another year or two if we are lucky before updates stop.

Once D4 comes out… this game will turn into original D2… sure we get seasons, but content? Updates? Yeah sure, maybe once in a Blue Moon.

2 Likes

I guess 75 is still “fine”.

There are ppl who complain about it. Infact ppl even quit cause of it.

Which was the idea when GR was released. Some ppl prefer when gr150 wasnt reached within the first week of a new season.

I prefer lvling gems as that is a part of the progression. Some ppl doesnt want to lvl the gems and some ppl doesnt want to lvl to 70 when season start and ask for boost. Some ppl are lazy. The game shouldnt adapt according to lazy ppl. Every season ppl complain about they wanting the seasonal effect permanent. They not getting it and they still play next season. Its the same with soulshards. Its a seasonal buff.

I have no issues with the current system. I prefer it over the free augment which we got this season.

Ppl didnt expect that d3 get support for 10y. None can predict the future. Who knows maybe they continue to update it for another 10y. However that is no reason to make the game easier.

They did release d2r 20y later though. And they having updates now.

1 Like

I am so low Paragon because the game is a joke now days and even at the highest difficulty you can kill a whole screen of creatures with one swing and there is no threat of death in the game
I’m not one that can sit there zombified doing rift runs in 30 seconds flat and then repeat for 20 hours a day, I get through half a dozen rifts and get bored because it is just way to easy and nowhere near a test as to how good you are
Even my slapped together characters without any real setup and fine tuning and don’t even need ancient gear just the basics will have you treating the highest difficulty as a joke
And there I was thinking once upon a time that a higher difficulty was supposed to make the game harder not easier
And it’s telling if I can get a brand new hardcore character start campaign at T6 and only die when I have taken four fifths of the Skeleton King life before dying when realistically the first creature I ran into should of one shotted me

Do you also think that you should go to work and not get payed and someone else should get your wage because all you do is talk to customers all day and don’t really do anything

Also it’s been years since I played public because of the pigs in the game and then there is the whole D3 now is nowhere near as difficult as it was in the beginning or even after the release of RoS but it did get stupidly easy once the leaderboards turned up and then even the dumbest player is expected to do a GR 150 in 30 seconds

What part of I have nothing to prove and don’t need to compete don’t you understand
I think you are mad because you can’t even make it on the leaderboard and because of that you think you are the most useless player not even able to beat a new born baby, whereas I know Paragon means nothing in this game and not really needed in the first place and high Paragons either shows you bot a lot to get those figures or your life is so sad that all you have is playing Diablo every day all day and do nothing else

You a psychologist are you are you retired or still working and if you are still working why haven’t you retired already
I am calling you a kid not because I disagree with you but because you are acting like a kid my grand mother calls me a kid and I’m 57 and my daughter is 37 and still carries on like kid and then my grand kids that really are kids at 14 and under

So your a psychologist and you say crap like this how many patients did you lose through the troubled people coming to you for help and all you do is rubbish them make crap up and have then think I’m better off dead cause this clown is useless

Please quote the piece where I said exactly that, I think 3 rifts is too much because they are stupidly easy and nowhere near a challenge and so I get bored because no challenge

So where exactly is the physical or mental energy when you can close your eyes press one button and do a rift in 30 seconds and win real effort there

Where exactly does any of this come into play with D3 and as a psychologist why can’t you understand that the issue is that there is no challenge and that’s what makes it boring

No but once upon a time you had to do god knows how many high level GR to get them to that level but know all you need is a level 3 shard and you are there and you think I’m lazy
Also why stop at 125 is it because it takes no effort to get that and no mention of maxing out the gems at 150 because that would take considerable more work and you are too lazy for that

Excuses.
U not willing to put the effort which it require to get high paragon. As getting paragon requires effort.

Ppl get paid for the work they doing. As u stating d3 requires no effort. Meaning u put no work as no mental or physical energy into it. In other words u not doing any work when doing bounties by your logic, so why should u be paid rather than someone else who put the same amount of effort as u (none)?

How come u cant beat GR150 then? U must be dumber than the dumbest player then.

So why u here coming with excuses? Rather than just play the game and be happy?

I make it to the LB and thats without even trying. However i dont care if i do or not. I dont see the reason to make the game easier and give free augments as thats what im opposing. I want the game to be more challenging.

Because i get paid for it. And im helping alot of ppl. Also my statements are supported by research while u base your statements on emotions. Emotions are often wrong.

So u are a 57y old man who complains, make up lies and call ppl kids on a game forum. Guess thats mature according to u?

So u do agree that getting high paragon requires effort?

So it doesnt require physical energy to press a key? So do a rift in 30 sec with your eyes closed and record it. Consider u not even 1k paragon i doubt u even can do that with your eyes open. Maybe in your imagination it requires no effort but in reality it does.

It still requires effort as it uses both physical and mental energy. The amount of effort shows in the amount of paragon. The issue is that u dont understand. Im supporting the idea of making the game “harder”.

???
Im against getting free 125 augment from shards. I believe ppl should work for it. I got gems at 150 so im obv not too lazy for that either.

This is kind of a double-edge sword, whereas having this for the season has made going higher much faster than normally possible, while not having to put in huge amount of time required normally to reach those levels, in that sense, it is really nice.

However you are right, 125 is a bit extreme, personally I think 75 would have been better and not nearly as game breaking.

Yes it would still be a short-cut, but one a far more reasonable one.

Regardless whether they take away the augmentation system completely or implement something else (less extreme) permanent next season or not, life will go on.

But my guess is; and I might be totally wrong. We will see some sort of permanent change to the gem leveling system (which in my opinion is overdue) next season.