Good reasons why Soulshards should Stay

I really wouldn’t mind at all if you could get bounty mats from GR though.

Does this apply to all builds? I expected more of a power increase with how much people were raving about it. I am playing WW barb, maybe it is one of them that doesn’t benefit that much (talking about what kind of speed content I can do, have heard the ring of fire helps it out a lot in pushing).

How are you doing rifts with less that 100% chance when you are doing 10-25 upgrades? Do you mean only the very first ones?

I believe so. You got crit, damage, elemental damage bonus. On top of that cool down and other effects. Some builds can’t just climb to 150, however, most of them should be able to push higher with less efficient gear

I would have preferred if the answer to my question wasn’t so obvious. Now I feel a bit stupid for asking.

There is no such thing as stupid questions. Sometimes the most obvious answer can be hidden away from the mind. So don’t worry about it.

1 Like

Easily.

And, as said, it happens the most at 10 or 25 but also at 50, or 75. Pretty much “break points.”

Thats your problem. I rather do GRs than bounties. T16 is boring for me.

Its a diablo game. Grinding for gears/paragon etc is what the game is about.

Loot hunting is done in GR.

I dont find that fun.

I dont like bounties or farming keys. Should those drop in GR then?

Again 1 h to get a gem to lvl 125. Consider the season last for 3+ months u shouldnt have issues to get those gems up even if it takes u hours for 1x 125. Its like me wanting free bounty mats since it takes time to farm bounties. U just want it for free. If u think lvling a gem to 125 is too much then just lvl them to 80 or whatever floats your boat.

Thats the point. U not suppose to get upgrades without working for it.

Its also 10y old and still up and running.

Want gems? Run vault/rifts
Want bounty mats? Run bounties
Want Gold? Run rifts/vault
Want keys? Run rifts
Want DB? Run rifts

I dont enjoy playing t16. Should i get all stuff from everything outside GR for free? Like lets make the shards give bounty mats/keys when salvage and cube it for bounty mats instead?

No reason to argue with Coreander. He only likes his own ideas.

1 Like

In addition to your idea, a way to merge regular gems into one (without any legendary powers) could be implemented after this season.

1 Like

…or add 1 FR gem property to a legendary gem :slight_smile: (where the bonus added depends on the slot the gem can be equipped in).

My Tin Foil hat idea is that the shards are a BETA test for features in D4. Good way to get the idea heavily tested and find any possible issues. Think about it, we get hyped for the season add-on. Then it is a standard feature in D4

Man have I been playing this game wrong since D1, There I was thinking it’s a killing for the sake of killing game and back when it was campaign mode saving sanctuary

1 Like

There is more to it than a different feel. They actually give raw power. So if they did stay then they would have to remove those special affixes. But still the weapon would still be pretty powerful at that without the extra special affixes. Meaning a soul shard that has the effect of a Prismatic Flawless Royal gems would still give a lot of power in the weapon that could be power creep.

Yes they are powerful, I can tell you that I know that without them I wouldn’t have been able to complete a GR130 on my seasonal barb. I would probably be somewhere around GR115-120 with lower augments. Along with lower level legendary gems.

Augmenting your gear as soon as you have high enough gems to do it is always gonna be great even early in the season. Take augmenting with level 100 rank gems. That is an extra 1300 paragon of main stat early in the season and will give you a boost to damage and toughness. So a rank 125 would be huge

Yes it does impact the game because it means that you don’t need to farm for regular gems or bank on getting a lot of puzzle rings in order to get the gems you need.

If I kept playing seasons I am sure that I could experiment with them. But the whole point is that I don’t have to since others have already done a good enough job in that department.

Instead of soul shards I would love to have Blizz overhaul how legendary gems are leveled. Where the ones in your gear get experience when you do based on difficulty. The higher the difficulty level and GR level the more experience they gain. Urshi can be kept to choose one or more gems that could gain experience like the main ones you are using in your jewelry.

Doing that would eliminate the rng of leveling legendary gems. And it would also prevent someone from trying to get a gem to a rank of 150 only doing GR 10 or lower. Due to the fact it would probably take years to accomplish.

1 Like

U can finish the story and be done if thats your cup of tea. However some ppl calls the story mode a tutorial and is done in a very short amount of time. Everything after that is just grinding. All u do is grind to get stronger and trying to compete with others to see who is the strongest. The only way to progress after the story is through grinding. Killing monsters for loot and experience is grinding.

U cant play the game wrong. But grinding is what the game is about. Its hamster wheel no matter how much u want to deny it. Some ppl want the game easier cause they dont have the patience. Now that would only mean they get stronger faster. And why would they need that?

Let’s take a vote:
Do we want a short cut to levelling up gems (or at least a short cut to augmenting gear)?

Coreander: No
Everybody else: Yes

1 Like

/facepalm

:rofl:

1 Like

grinding is the act of performing repetitive tasks to achieve a desired outcome. It is usually for advantage or in-game loot.”

Killing monster over and over for loot and experience isnt grinding? Doing bounties over and over for bounty mats isnt grinding? Doing gr over and over for experience isnt grinding?
According to blizzard killing monsters for loot is the core of Diablo. One of the reasons to why they removed AH.

Fixed
There are plenty of mobile games for ppl who want to progress without effort.

I’d advice you to look up the meaning of “strawman arguments” if you want to be taken seriously.

A advice. Go play a mobile game. Suits lazy ppl like u.

• Level a gem from 0-125, assuming empowering and no deaths, is a minimum of 25 GR runs.
  • Level a soul shard from rank 0 to rank 3 needs 3 embers.

They’re not being lazy, they’re just really preferring the second option because they’re spending less time running low level GRs just to rank up gems, allowing them to run higher level GRs because they know they’ve got soul shards waiting to augment stuff.

By the way, before you accuse me of being lazy, I have two seasonal heroes, all of their gear has 625 stat augments on, some of their follower’s gear has the same, I have a dozen Rank 125 legendary gems in my Stash, 21 Rank soul shards, 70 rank 0 soul shards and about 10 embers. I don’t mind grinding, but I’d prefer to waste less time on low level GRs just to get gems ready for augmenting.

2 Likes