GoD DH: No damage after rez

It should be the Shift-key by default. If you’re pressing the Left Mouse Button to move and encounter monsters, you can press the Shift-key to start attacking, without lifting the LMB. It essentially acts like the Function key (FN) you find on some keyboards. It changes the LMB function from Move to Attack.

If I understand you correctly, I don’t think this is causing the problem. I’ve always played this way. Even though I’m not using the term accurately, I call it “chording”.

I play a Demon Hunter too. My most played builds are Unhallowed Multishot, Marauder’s Multishot Sentry, and GoD. In that order.

I press and hold the LMB to move. When I encounter monsters I press the Shift-key without lifting the LMB to start attacking. When I’ve secured the area, I release the Shift-key to continue moving to the next mob.

While doing this, I also spam 2 keys for Vengeance and Companion, without releasing the other keys, when they’re off Cooldown. I occasionally press the key for my Hatred-spender. Also, without releasing the other keys.

With GoD, I start by getting my Momentum stacks up. Then, I start Strafing. Every few seconds I release the Strafe key while still holding the LMB. Then, I press and release the Shift-key to fire off a Hungering Arrow and continue Strafing.

The Hatred-spenders and how often I use them depend on the build.

• For Unhallowed it would be Multishot / Arsenal.
  • For Marauder’s it would be Multishot / Full Broadside.
  • For GoD it would be Strafe / Rocket Storm.

I’ve never had issues killing monsters. My previous highest Greater Rift was 112. So far, this Season 30, I’ve reached GR123 and still climbing.

I sometimes, but rarely, have short moments of firing and doing no damage. But that’s when servers, or connection to server, is momentarily acting up :slight_smile:
My force stand still is bound to the paragraph key right beside the “1” key so it’s easy to access.

Perusoe: Thank you for that information, it’s very helpful. I will try what you’ve suggested. I’ve always cursed the movement I’m forced into sometimes and had no idea about the shift key! I will give your suggestions a try today and see if they sort out the problem for me.

Jazz: I hadn’t thought of the server but that makes sense. Maybe that’s why it suddenly sorts itself out then happens again suddenly. How do you bind a key? It would be helpful to move it to that key.

2 Likes

Press the Esc-key to open Options. In the left side pane click Key Bindings. You can assign up to two keys for each Command, if you wanted to.

The image below is what some of my Key Bindings currently look like. (So, they’re not the default settings).

Note: When you change a Key Binding, you may inadvertently remove a Default Key Binding from another Command. So, you may want to add a new Binding to the Key that was removed.

If you make a mistake, you can click the Defaults button to reset the Bindings to D3’s defaults.

1 Like