GOD 4 piece question

Assuming the GOD set 4 piece bonus, my question is if it is possible to interrupt the auto firing of the primary skill while maintaining strafe. Specifically, if I’m strafing and maintaining my momentum stacks by manually firing a primary skill as necessary, if I stop with the manual primary and switch to an archery skill, does that stop the auto fire of the primary until I manually reapply it ?

I’d just try it, but this occurred to me at the beginning of a long shift at work.

Skills that have animation shall interrupt strafe and other channelling skills, such as Rapid Fire. Some skills, such as Smoke Screen and Shadow Power don’t interrupt channelling skills.

Momentum stack always decrease over time. If you stop manually casting primary skill, the stack will continue to drop.

Auto-fire only apply to Stafe, not to other Archery skills. No matter auto fire or not, the stack will continue to drop.

Each time you manually fire primary, it adds 4 seconds (stacks) to momentum. Therefore, I like to manual fire primary roughly every second.

I also like to bind primary skill to keyboard, rather than mouse button. i.e. use RMB for Strafe and Space Bar for Hungering Arrow. I don’t need to release RMB when pressing Space Bar. Strafe will continue when releasing the Space Bar. Having said that, I still advise releasing RMB once awhile to avoid fatigue.

I agree that it’s good to fire every second or so to keep your bonus at least at 95%. If “strafe weaving”, then it’s possible to keep it around 98% by essentially interweaving a manually cast primary as soon as it’s available to cast and this has different breakpoints. DiEoxidE should be releasing a video soon about these breakpoint updates.

Also, while it appears that each second is a “stack”, the game treats 20 seconds as 200 mini-stacks which decay every 0.1 seconds (or maybe smaller fractions). You can see this while checking your movement speed in the details tab while strafing with momentum and noticing the decay rate.

Neither reply really answers my question - I understand the mechanics of the set, and my concern is STOPPING the auto fire of the primary. I know I will gradually lose stacks.

The question is a bit confusing. Do you mean if you are using Strafe, then stop to use Hungering Arrow, then try to interrupt Hungering Arrow with say Multishot?

Strafe projectiles will spawn your last used primary skill every time they hit up to once every 9 frames. So for example, if you strafe into a missile dampening elite, even if you stop strafing, as the little strafe bullets connect with targets, you will continue to spawn primaries.

You can test it yourself. Use bolas for better visibility. Get auto-fire to work with strafe. Then switch to Multishot, for example. Then switching back to strafe, it will resume auto-fire.

However, you losed some stacks during these actions. You still want to manually fire primary to build the stack up again.

Hey Iria,

Any news about these breakpoints updates you talked about ?

Kruggh

I think DiEoxidE put the video he was making on that subject on hold. But the main idea is that breakpoints don’t matter as much as we originally thought due to the non-uniform time-of-flight of the Strafe projectiles (the projectiles take varying times to reach targets at different distances).