Give power stats a real purpose, own keystones

I have no way to confirm this but maybe not all items baring white items will even have ADA powers.
If that’s the case then another Re-Quote fits here.

1 Like

They very well could eliminate the arbitrary restrictions that some philosophies aren’t to thrilled about for end game with integrating it into the experience grind paragon system. They asked for feedback. We’re giving it to them :wink:

Its not even about resistances
Thats just a very concerning example
I do also not want the game to tell me “ok boy, if you want +1 to fireball, you have to stack into demonic power”
What if i dont want to do that?
Because im a hybrid sorc and focus on self buffs? I will just ignore it and play otherwhise right.
“Here boy, angelic has the following for you…”
As Kim stated, some affixes, even if they are not resistances, are locked behind certain powers!
If you want those affixes, you basically have the key there, to do so and it completely makes irrelevant, the choice of the power in the first place

AND
Iif he doesnt do, what he said, and every skngle affix can drop with every single power
I somewhat appreciate the system
It will be a hell of a puzzle and grind, but it gives you the choice to decide, which power you want to play with
Its random, it has no theme to it, its still dead stats and sad pandas
But its fair and not restricting
I still don’t like it, as it could be, with its own skills to unlock and leave items alone

The operative word used was attuned.

It is fair, but most importantly, it’s new. When you leave items alone itemization becomes priority over all other things. This puts itemization in its proper place - as an extension of a character and not THE character.

The team has very little to do with how players react to what they’re given, and we have evidence of how they’ll react to very specific breakpoints.

Technically every class can benefit from all 4 attributes in Diablo 2 beyond gear requirements. Even Sorceress and Necromancer have actual legitimate melee builds while Dex/Vit/Eng are always useful to everybody(Vit is just the most useful).

You talk about the versatility of the ADA system but what happens if I’m not using skills that rely on it? Sure if I’m a Sorceress I might have things like Flame Shield that will benefit from Angelic Power, but what if I’m not using it? It’s not like every skill benefits from one of those 3 powers, so what happens if I’m not using skills that gain anything from them?

Then all of the sudden Angelic Power isn’t the difference between being able to use an ability without cooldown or not.

It’s the difference between one of my talents lasting a little bit longer or not. A talent that I could also increase the up-time by simply stacking critical strike chance.

and that offers me damage AND up-time on that talent.

Personally I’d rather learn from history rather than go down the same road thinking the outcome is going to be different.

Not at all lol
You could f.e. leave the legendary power stuff and move skill altering effects to skilltrees, tadaaaaa! Balanced!

If the affixes are not random, but locked specifically, its predefining sets and taking choices away.
Easy as that

And as I said like 100 posts before, once you finished your what ever, angelic set 1,b
You are still having the very dominating item system and nothing of its power was taken away, just your ability to choose, which power you want to use

look @greatscott
what are we even discussing here
we already were at this point here

we were already dicussing numbers and why this is unbalanced and now we are back in stoneage?

A lot of them do though, and that could very well change as they dive deeper into the development of the proposed new system. It actually is pretty astonishing how many of the skills already fit the ADA theme in which many of the values associated with the skills will have a direct impact from one of the 3 influences. Almost like they’ve been considering their options for some time now…

Wait, you lost me. The example of whether or not you would be able to use a skill on cooldown or not was for the barbarian with demonic power. I’m not sure I follow the reference to talents, up-time, and critical strike chance. Care to elaborate for me? Multi-tasking here so I do beg your pardon.

Speculation on unfinalized systems doesn’t automatically guarantee forward progress.

May I ask you a question, without any disrespect intended.

Is English your native tongue?

no, and i think, thats very obvious.
im not speculating further than, what he gave me.

Each of the three Powers will have a list of affixes that are attuned to it, so depending on which stats you care about, you might want to focus on Angelic, Demonic, or Ancestral Power

this is all i need, to discuss about it

“depending on which stats you care about” not depending on which power you want to use

Do you recognize that he didn’t say locked he said attuned? Understanding the dialect is very important to the interpretation.

so basically you say, the affixes are locked, completely randomly?
i would not be the only one, assuming that they are locked specifically

It is somewhat of a grey area, but the distinction between locked & attuned does exist for me. The language barrier is difficult for me to overcome.

Char to Ash & resistances have nothing to do with any of the powers base enhancements. They were used as examples so that a person can understand something fundamental about the proposed system. The fundamental is 1) prerequisites to unlock affix can exist on items and 2) items can contribute to the accumulation necessary to that prerequisite. 3) accumulation of powers grants a base enhancing effect to your ability to (self buff, dot/debuff, and proc chance on hit) You could argue that char to ash which is a sorc talent that increases fire damage by 6% a second up to 30% until taking damage falls into the category of affixes that will be attuned to demonic, but that in no way suggests that things such as resistances which clearly don’t have any association with the powers (unless they’re incorporated in a way to do so somehow) will only be available by way that the visual representation of the exemplification that was given.

I see it as a very flexible system from a design concept. They can shape it many ways. You can have break points, you can have soft and hard caps, you can have rng, you can have static. It is a solid system proposed for itemization which when polished I feel will be very refreshing to experience. To say with certainty is not a possibility, if not for the simple fact that they also stated, nothing proposed was set in stone.

1 Like

well if it was really this 1 word, confusing many of us (or at least me)
i apologize for a lot of misunderstandings and i am able to put this discussion aside

its just a painful puzzle grinding with red text xD
not optimal but game-time-stretching xD

1 Like

No sweat dude. It confused me at first too. That is the point of generalizations in the English language though. To be “very specific but also vague”

Hype-mastery on blizzards part.

well i looked up the word, now and it actually sounds like, what you said.

so yea, in this case, MANY of the community did understand it a wrong way, maybe even including american streamers xD
and its not so much of a big deal anymore, at least for me
i mean its still frustrating and not giving anything to the experience, in my opinion
but at least, its not unbalanced and gamebreaking

It’s a new approach. It is often that comparative analysis is used to understand things and in order to compare you must do so with something that you’re already familiar with.

What didn’t make any sense to me was that they can’t possibly “lock” resistances to powers because there are more resistances than there are powers. Granted, they could very well have meant this very thing. Had they, I’d have been giving them way to much credit, and there really is no hope after-all :stuck_out_tongue:

We don’t want a hopeless scenario. That makes for more than sad pandas. That makes for starving pandas dying from lack of sustenance. Terrible!

Actually looking through Sorceress spells there’s a fair amount of them that wouldn’t be. A number of them, like Firewall, are also questionable as to if they would or not.

That also doesn’t answer the question: What if I don’t have spells affected by an ADA Power?

because telling me all about the skills that are effected is sounding a lot to me like I’m supposed to limit my build options and always build with an ADA power in mind.

That doesn’t sound like promoting variety and choice =P

You mentioned Angelic Power and not Demonic Power or Barbarians(and I always use Sorceress because that’s the class I’m most interested in right now).

What I was specifically talking about though is in a lightning build that didn’t have spells affected by an ADA Power I would still have a talent that gave +10% critical strike chance for 5 seconds after getting a critical strike.

Which would be improved by Angelic Power, but I could also just get better up time on that talent by taking more crit chance which has the added benefit of giving me more DPS from more crits.

If I used Demonic Power, just replace crit with attack speed and same scenario. Ancestral Power wouldn’t buff the build’s base DPS at all(item procs may or may not change that).

I think the idea is to build your character the way you’re allowed to do so, by picking and choosing which skills and talents you want to put points into.

Was there an appendix for item affix in d2 before they were discovered? From my recollection a lot if not everything item wise was mostly rng with a few exceptions. Imagine trying to build a character around the idea of item properties you may never know exist until discovery of them (which items can roll which power with which prerequisite).

Are you referring to Ceaseless Bolts? Presently at rank 0/5 being “Lightning critical strikes increase your critical strike chance by 2% for 5 seconds, up to 10%” Which translates to angelic power giving you the longer window of 2-10% increase chance to crit, as opposed to using an item with +critical chance %? Wouldn’t angelic power boost that window of crit chance for that talent regardless, whereas it is possible that the +crit chance% affix has a prerequisite to use it? Ancestral power may very well play a vital role if it effects the generator skills for the other two classes, and possibly the fourth and fifth once they’re revealed, but hey we’re only working with scraps here and I think the sorc was the least done in the demo (did you see that poor lightning spear trying to seek out Ashava and failing with flying colors).

Yes English has to many ways to say the same thing but mean something else, To, Too, Two just one example.

but we could read it :smiley:
so thats not the same case
i just really didnt know the word and misstook it

1 Like