Gibbering gemstone not dropping

5% drop rate doesn’t mean it’s a 1 in 20 :joy:

It’s not bugged either. If it’s bugged then why have people found it… why have I gotten two ?

Do it alone! normal mode and just be patient. remember only chiltara can drop it. One more thing be in adventure mode!

I’ve killed Chilltara at a count of over 300 times now and no success. Hunting down the Caverns of Frost vs its shared spawn of Icefall Caves and then the not always spawned chilltara in a not always spawned dungeon on top of 300+ kills puts me at probably 700+ attempts. This is not okay.

10 Likes

it really sucks farming it, but once you get the double primals, it’s all worth it

2 Likes

Elusive little trinket just dropped for me two hours ago. It took me like 85 or so tries just to get it once, along those attempts I might have killed Chilltara about 60 times. I tried different difficulty scales to do Season Journey related tasks when I get the Icefall Caves instead so that sort of slowed me down. I tried T7, T4, T10, T13 just to roam and farm it quickly and go do Season tasks but it dropped at T4 for me when I was focused solely to get it.
I got useful upgrades while farming Caverns of Frost, so I can’t really complain about the whole thing. It really looks like they upped the spawn rate of Caverns also, I got that dungeon appear back to back for 6-7 game sequences in a chain once.

1 Like

That is not true. In my group, i am the killer and more often than not i don’t get the stone but others do. It drops independently for each player in a party unlike some other drops which is universal drop to all players if dropped on one player in party.

2 Likes

I am 200+ runs, with atleast 60 Chilitara kills,

I have gotten 2 primal drops in the caves, 3 rainbow gobs, 5 goblin shrines, 40 other random gobs at least, and 3 vaults.

This is getting old.

6 Likes

I knew this would be a pain so as soon as I had access to the bridge I would go there first at the start of the game then do something else to progress the Alter and the season goals. This has kept me sane, the problem is I have literally completed every other task so I have Greater Rift level 110 so I have 1600 blood shards waiting for when this stupid gem stone drops. I have unlocked the Dragon pet for the season progression, I only need this stupid gem to complete the goals for the season.

This kind of grind is UNFUN !!! if I wanted a game where I do useless tasks all day I’d have a WOW subscription. I game to get away from the tedium of my job, and now I play a game that is more tedious than my job. Consider my job is now more exciting than playing a game I really like.

To the developers, there is no fun in hunting down and playing the same location on a map over and over and over. When I complete this task it will not be WOO HOO, it will be FINALLY I CAN STOP PLAYING FING Bridge of Kiorsk, and every day I spend on this task make me hate D3 instead of enjoy it.

5 Likes

I was one of the lucky ones who didn’t have too much grief with this one, but I have to agree this isn’t a great game dynamic. This is essentially “reload Act 3 until rng says you don’t have to any more”. Why?

4 Likes

I’m currently working on day 3.

2 Likes

She most of the time trolling me by dropping random leg, to make me excited…

My second problem is to get ancient HF ammy… out of souls to craft more ammy…

Four friends playing and 2 of us got all of our mats for the staff in a little over an hour. One took 3 hours. And the last of us…we’re on day 3 and he still has not found it–and that is with us generating games in parallel and the others checking for the Caves of Frost so all he has to do is leap between games.

Talk about miserable, luck based design. This is worse than the 28 times I originally had to do Act 1 bounties to get my first RoRG.

I will note, he has generated 3 portal to Whimsydale just tonight…it is more likely than that stupid gemstone.

1 Like

When it is do this thing for a fun, but otherwise meaningless reward, where you are not missing out on anything if you do not get the item, then low probability is fine.

When it is a seasonal theme where you need the thing for progress along to the ultimate reward of the season…

Why do they not increase chance of getting it with each failure? Or have a built-in failure counter, which when it reaches a certain threshold triggers an automatic drop?

This is one of the rare times when I am not the one missing the random drop. But it is not like I get to go enjoy the game while my friend does not have his Gibbering Gemstone. I and my other friends get to generate game after game to generate the cavern so one person gets a chance at disappointment time and time again.

2 Likes

My suggestion for the Dev team is to make Chilltara an elite in Greater Rifts and Nefalem Rifts. Then at least we would get to play someplace other than the same freaking map.
FWIW it took 41 crafts to get the Hellfire amulet, about 14 puzzle rings to get he ancient puzzle ring, and now after 2 days I’m starting to count remakes, we’ll see how high the number can get. I swear if I go the whole season without this dropping its uninstall time, and probably refund D4.

2 Likes

Regardless of what you think of farming Chilltara, you will farm the same spot over and over again for other tasks such as some Conquests or Set Dungeons. For scoring 350 killstreak you’ll look for Cursed Peat; for completing Boss mode, you’ll visit the same places. Some far placed Set dungeons will make you walk all the way across upon failing it.
Compared to those, farming Caverns is actually nothing different. We still have 2-3 months ahead of us with a few weeks left behind. Stop beating yourself over it.

Yes definitely. A built in failure counter would be a definite plus.

Because you took someone else’s gem. Everyone knows there’s only a limited number of gems and now there’s one less.

1 Like

Imagine a game where you run the same two levels of a 30 second dungon for hours, on days, hoping for one thing to drop but it never does.
Doin the same thing over and over and expecting different results = insanity.
Slobbering Gemstone of Insanity!

Edit: Finally. On 10 millioneth run Chilly dropped Gemstone of Insanity. T16. Was from bounty: Kill Chilltara.
Good luck.

1 Like

Its not that bad rly. With a proper speed build it wont take long. The season last for around 4 months after all. Obv its bad for those ppl who only play like 5h during the whole season but for the rest not rly. Ppl just whine too much.

1 Like

Are you saying your only goal for the entire season was to finish the journey and the altar and not care about going any further than that?