Gibbering Gemstone - Does it exist?

My husband and I have been relentlessly farming. For today, we have been farming for at least 4 hours…RNG has been totally against us - this stone refuses to drop.

there. rant over

1 Like

Yet another thread about this?

Yes, it’s super rare. Yes, it exists.

4 Likes

So let me get this straight…

A person comes to the forum and uses one of the existing threads to complain about the Gibbering Gemstone and everyone and their brother pops in tell them all sorts of junk about “well you’re not doing right” or “git gud”.

And when someone makes a thread to complain about it they get told, “use one of the existing threads.”

Okay, can’t win for losing. Why don’t you folks just say “STAY OFF THE FORUMS!!!” because that’s what you really mean.

3 Likes

Here’s a video that has a few strategies OP and their husband can try for their gemstones:

3 Likes

This from the guy that spent a month whining that potion coduits didn’t make it to live in Season 28 LOL!!!

The irony is rich with this one.

1 Like

Yes, this. Please do. :pray:

I will when you do, friend.

1 Like

Deal.
I won’t post ever again, you won’t post ever again. :+1:

2 Likes

Keep grinding. It WILL eventually drop.

I’ve gotten it four times now.

  1. On the Americas Region, my Demon Hunter farmed a couple of hours every day for about a week before she got it.
  2. On another Region, my Demon Hunter got it after about a dozen runs.
  3. On the third Region, my Demon Hunter got it on the second try.
  4. I’m now finishing the Altar with my Americas Region Hardcore Demon Hunter and she got it after about 4 runs.

I consider myself extremely lucky this Season. Some players have reported hundreds of runs and still haven’t got it to drop.
Best of luck to you and your husband in your future runs.  

1 Like

To the OP, some strategies:

Icy caverns of caverns of frost - if the former “icy caverns” spawn, quit and restart the game. The gibbering gemstone can ONLY spawn in the caverns of frost.

If the caverns of frost spawn, then there is a 50/50 chance or thereabouts (my personal experiences in s28 is that it was ~25% chance) of Chiltara spawning.

If Chiltara does spawn, there’s roughly a 1/100 chance of her dropping the gibbering gemstone.

It’s just going to take a time and patience. It will drop.

This season was One of my worst for it dropping and it took around ~350 runs. Yes, it was frustrating.

1 Like

As mentioned in other similar threads, I did manage to acquire this item exactly three times this season. The first time took a total of 2 hours for all components (Leoric’s Shinbone, Liquid Rainbow, Gibbering Gemstone, etc, etc) on PC. The second and third times were on PS4 and took a few hours each for just the Gibbering Gemstone; I can’t rightly remember how long. But both occurred within the same day, so let’s call it a maximum of 12 hours. I had to farm it twice on console because the system is so well-designed that it deleted the Gibbering Gemstone from my inventory within minutes of acquiring it.

It does exist. Pay no attention to the doomsayers and the trolls. Knuckle down and prepare for a few hours of grinding. That’s really all it takes.

This what this forum is all about. No matter what they come here for. 90% of the time they get slam for it. Just another Toxic Day on the Diablo Forums.

But to the OP I got it on all 4 accounts in the family. 3 of the accounts we got in one day. I find to be that if you kill chiltara last. It is hard to do because some time she is in a group of monsters. Every time she drop the gem stone it was when I kill her last.

Plus follow what Mrtheoden is telling you.

2 Likes

The alter will deleted at end of season. So grinding for the stone is a complete waste of time.

the fact that this item is behind 3 walls of rng is asinine and absolute BS and blizzard knows it. you can kill her 1500 times and still not see the gemstone. especially since it is needed for a thing now other than the portrait frame which is behind another wall of rng making that thing stupid rare. BS blizzard…BS and you know it

1 Like

farming this item is neither fun nor riveting gameplay

4 Likes

It exists, go to Greed vault and look on the stairs prior to entering Greed’s chamber. It is about as accessible as the Caverns of Frost :grinning:

You"re talking about what?

5 Likes

I haven’t even gotten that far, I’m still waiting for a Ramaladni’s Gift. If one drops great, if not, I’ll be playing regardless.

The gibbering gemstone makes people talk gibberish :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And it works very well apparently.

To whomever is still looking:

Use the Campaign method. It cuts out at least one random variable to the process.

I swapped to running the Campaign and within an hour it dropped. After playing through the Campaign to get to where I could farm it… lol