Getting Bovine Bardiches

There were many posts on the old D3 Forums about getting Bovine Bardiches. Of course, those of you playing Classes that can equip Polearms do not have to worry about it since they probably drop for you on a regular basis.

Even though I’ve had fun playing all of the D3 Classes, I play Demon Hunters exclusively these days. They’re very good at getting Rare Polearms to drop, but getting Legendary Polearms is extremely rare… but, not impossible, as seen in the screenshot below.

Demon Hunter drops a Bovine Bardiche (Season 17)

Normally, when I want to run a Not the Cow Level, I upgrade 10 Rare Level 70 Bardiches I’ve crafted at the Blacksmith, or stashed from drops, for 1 - 3 Bovine Bardiches, as demonstrated in the video below.

Bovine Bardiches from Kanai’s Cube

8 Likes

People already shot this down in the old forums, why are you posting this again?

The item can drop from anything, just like almost any other legendary. There is no need for this topic.

Plus there is no actual benefit to grinding these.

Bovine bardiches are important to grind occasionally. For certain classes (e.g., demon hunters), the odds of a bovine bardiche dropping is extremely low. For the current season, I used the cow level to get avarice with a level 50 boon of the hoarder at Torment XVI.

TLDR:
Craft a level 70 polearm at the Blacksmith and then use Kanai’s cube recipe that upgrades rare to legendary.

8 Likes

Never toss any Bovine Bardiche. Converting it to a Forgotten Soul is a big waste. Instead, throw it into the cube alone and open a portal to riches (more so than the non ancient Puzzle Ring Goblin Vault).

With the improvement to T16 drops, the “Not the Cow Level” portal is now a wonderful one stop shop for mats, gold, and legendary drops ! Running low on Forgotten Souls, Veiled Crystals, etc., pick everything up and convert them. Its basically Xmas time with guaranteed legendary drops for the one low price of a single item in the cube.

With the improvement to the Ancient/Primal Puzzle Ring portal, the same should be done to the “Not the Cow Level” content as well with an Ancient/Primal Bovine.

3 Likes

People? You mean the trolls?

I admit that on the old forums I posted this information in the General Discussion Forum, and maybe that wasn’t the best place to post it. Which is why I decided to post it in the New Player Help Forum instead.

To help new players.

I never said there was. And that’s not what this thread is about. But, you would know that if you actually read what I wrote instead of just looking at the pictures.

More than once, players on the old forums stated that Demon Hunters will “never” get Bovine Bardiches to drop because they are not in a DH’s loot table. The first part of the OP was to show that it is possible. It’s just extremely rare.

The second part of the OP is to show new players how to get Bovine Bardiches if they play Classes that don’t have Bardiches in their loot table. The video shows, not only can it be done, but exactly how to do it.

If you don’t like, or don’t want to run Not the Cow Level

…then don’t.

7 Likes

Thats a cute joke. Riches? Not so much. I would take a normal vault any day over this. (Smaller, more loot)

The problem why it is more rare is because smart loot says it is not in your drop pool, while people like me (Barbarian & monk player) have over 20 in our chest and just keep scrapping the extras we have a 85% chance while you only have a 15% chance due to the smart table, and that is just the chance to get a polearm or other non-demonhunter drop.

Its not that i don’t like it, i just see no point to it, its a much bigger benefit to run something else. Any new person who sees this might think its end game and run down a rabbit hole.

1 Like

@LazyTurtle … Seems you are making inaccurate comments yet again. “Not the Cow Level” drop rates mirror NRs and exceed non-ancient/primal Vault in T16 2-5x fold … and where else can you get a 200+ Million Avarice gold streak? … not the Ruins of Corvin by a long shot.

4 Likes

At this point it appears they’re trolling us. Just ignore them.

That’s an excellent point. Especially since Greed’s Realm (The Vault) is off limits for the Avarice/Avaritia Conquests. :+1:

3 Likes

Opps … its 200+ Million … got ahead of myself … stand corrected :smiley:

But, your point is still valid. :wink:

1 Like

Nice work again Perusoe.

Awesome info for a new DH wondering why this never drops, and how to force it to drop.

Still the only 100% way to get xp pools quickly. Also a good way to trivialise the Avarice/Avaricia conquests.

2 Likes

Thanks! :beer:

@Beastman has created a thread on the Demon Hunter UE MS build. He has included a video on Not the Cow Level. He’s running on T16 and even though he’s already completed the Avarice Conquest, you can see he easily accomplishes this in the first 54 seconds without even trying or “breaking a sweat”. :wink:

1 Like

What rabbit hole? It’s a 2-3 min run that you can’t really spam overly easily. Why would someone think this is endgame? The new player will actually have a lot more use for it than someone who has established characters.

As such, a new player will most likely not know what the heck a loot table is. If the new player is a DH, this would be an AWESOME little guide to come across.

Yeah, its not the greatest content in the game, but it serves a purpose.

I suppose it’s good that you have added context as to why this guide even had a need to exist.

3 Likes

“Not the Cow Level” is also a great one-stop-shopping place to replenish your Gold, Forgotten Soul, Death Breath, Veiled Crystal, Arcane Dust, Reusable Part item stock that New Players may not be aware of. Re-rolling and reforging costs can eat your supply dry very fast.

For the Avarice Conquest (here is the shot of what I mentioned above) … this gold 200+Mil streak is possible in T16 with a fully leveled Boon gem, a few 2ndary extra gold slots, and max gold paragons:

https://i.imgur.com/b0g1lXW.jpg

1 Like

It’s 50 million.

I’ve done it on Corvus this season.

Smartloot affects 85% of your loot drops. The remaining 15% can be anything, including Bovine Bardiches. Upgrading polearms in cube is still more reliable.

1 Like

I don’t think Graveheart meant that the Conquest was for 200+ Million Gold. They meant it’s easy to get 200+ Million Gold in a T16 Not the Cow Level, which is much more than is needed for that Conquest.

But, thank you for clarifying. :beer:

Exactly. And that’s what the screenshot in the OP shows.

Correct. And this is what I tried to illustrate in the embedded video. :wink:

1 Like

@Perusoe is correct … I was suggesting that the Not The Cow Level is a better place to do the Avarice Conquest since it doesn’t require you to navigate through rooms and open doors to continue your streak going. It is a gigantic open area where you just continue to loop through the map killing things, opening chests, and clicking on bodies to gold heaven. > 50 Million can be done easier there. Check out the picture I posted above and look just above the bottom right resource globe for an example of easy riches to be made (used in T16: Goldwrap belt. lvl 50 Boon gem, Nemesis Bracers, Avarice Ring, LoN WoL Monk speed build)

Actually, if you turn off your pets you can kill everything first in the not the cow level and then go around collecting gold. You certainly will pick up some gold while killing monsters. Range classes can do this more easily. As the gold piles tend to land near where the monster was killed.

True … that seems more reliable in Corvis (tighter areas), where you are guarenteed to walk in the direction of the kills.

With ranged builds in the Cow Level, the entire screen carried over to the off screen dies … so pets do help with the streak if you are navigating around wider areas and will start collecting behind you as you move through. Even with a pet active, the gold drops sometimes get skipped, leaving emergency streak patches when you run out of enemies in certain areas of the map … and you can easily double back to get them.