Get rid of all these useless torment modes

I agree, a re-scale would be better imo.

3 Likes

I guess none of you play solo Hardcore.

7 Likes

I actually did last season.

1 Like

and for those of us they play solo, and may need these t levels to work our way forward?

i am a solo casual player, while you may not need these levels, i do

the game is not made for just you, it is made for everyone

join a clan or a community if you are looking for good group play

they made these features for a reason

10 Likes

Please bring back the down vote.

6 Likes

Remember me that years ago, during my playing time, we were like 12 players in T4 and only 1 running T5 (non-season)
At this time I was considering this as something which divide the community, now I can’t say anything good about all these level

Normal, Nightmare, Hell.

9 Likes

Getting rid of torment modes(?) levels(?), will not fix this. We need a better lobby feature where we can create games with titles and have restrictions or requirements to join and other players can view these games like a list, similar to what D2 has.

3 Likes

So you want something like this:

Normal.
Torment 1.
Torment 16.

So when you starts the game, you will stick at Normal mode for few weeks (months) until your character can farm T1 and then farm at T1 for another few weeks (or months) so we can play at T16?

2 Likes

Keep torments, but make more reason to farm T’s - like, more materials or something.

I love that this game can be set to be really easy, really hard, and every slight gradient in between. It’s one of its best features compared to other ARPGs. A little bored? Turn it up a notch or two. Game feels like a slog? Turn it down one or two notches.

Those of you who are complaining about finding groups need to join a clan or community of players similar to you and stop relying on random PUGs.

Like others have stated, you cannot just remove the Torments. You need to rework them based on the power scaling of the game.

I simple 1:10 ratio solves almost every issue. Hardcore players complain about it, but a 4pc set can easily do GR20 which is all we need for a 6pc set and GG. Thus there is no issue at all assuming the seasonal rewards get reworked with the new scaling.

On top of this, I would like the top Torment difficulty in the rework to equal GR100. Let everything above GR100 be for just GR’s, everything under can be the “Testing Ground” for a build to be deemed “viable”.

As a new player who started playing about a week ago, I feel like all these torment levels are very useful for me. I was slowly increasing my torment levels as I was gearing to solo a GR70. Now that I’ve cleared it, I am back at farming rifts at T12.

With that said, I realize that new players are probably less than 1% of the total player base, but I wanted to share my experience anyways.

That’s part of your problem.

I’m only paragon 1100+ HC but can easily run zBarb/zMonk for 140 gr 4 man.

You might learn something by changing your hard rules of how things should be!

This is perfectly fine, and I think there is an easy solution for it.

First - Keep all torments up to Torment 4/Greater Rift 20 the same in terms of GR to Torment Ratio (T4=GR20). By being able to clear this, you can get your 6pc set and explode through the gates, this is the point where we need to tweak the tuning of the GR to Torment Ratio a bit.

Second - We identified the point of power creep, so how do we tune the Torments in order to provide an adequate challenge, yet not punish players? I think it is pretty obvious based on the power creep in the game. This is when every Torment now equals 10 GR levels.

Third - Apply the proper tuning, but understand that we do not want Torment and GR’s to become equal. I think identifying a top end of Torments is necessary, and I believe that GR100 is the best spot to have the final Torment level applied.

TLDR - This is what we need

Keep all torments/GR the same up to Torment 4 equaling GR20, identify that GR100 should be the max in the ratio.

Torment 5 - GR30
Torment 6 - GR40
Torment 7 - GR50
Torment 8 - GR60
Torment 9 - GR70
Torment 10 - GR80
Torment 11 - GR90
Torment 12 - GR100

1 Like

Understand something every body that plays the game paid for it just like you. Every body that does a 75 solo has the right to play in any GR “T” level just like you. That is how the game is made.

Understand at one point in the game you were just like them 200 or 300 below what the top person was in the game. But wait I bet you had no problem playing with them to get paragon did you.

I get sick of hearing from people like you that play this game. Think that you are so much better then you fellow player. You need to get alive. This is how the game was made and works.

It is made that everybody that does that 75 solo. Has that right to play what ever “T” level they want. If you don’t like playing with them leave and play by yourself. Blizzard will not change it because you don’t playing with people that are not has good as you. SORRY!!!

how do all these levels of difficulty make you uncomfortable?

people will still try to get to the most difficult level and the bulk of players will be there!

any player can now go up to level 16 without any problems :slightly_smiling_face:

I vote for additional T-levels

Yet I can start a season a week late in D3 and maybe find a handful of public games over a span of 2 weeks, until I hit that max difficulty. That was not the case in every other ARPG I’ve ever played. Others had all their difficulties populated with games easy to find.

1 Like

I play both HC & SC. If I’m playing either of them I always do bounties first. That is where you get a lot gold vs rifts at first. Plus it helps you to get the bounties done that you need to do in your chapters.

Plus in the past 3 or 4 season I have had no deaths in HC. You should play some SC so you can get to know the game before doing HC. But if you think you know the game go for it in HC.

I have two accounts been here from day 1 too. I have a clan with almost 90 people in it. At one time or another I have help every one of them too.

There is a lot people people that play HC and think it is like SC. It isn’t when you start out or play it. On HC you want your character to have as much life per second, resist and armor you can get at first.

I have a rule I follow #1 Resist, #2 armor, and #3 damage. If you can’t stay alive you can’t kill. But most people that play this game think that damage is #1. Yes you like to have a lot of damage, but if you are dying all the time what good is it.

Plus if you had reach lvl 68 you should have had your cheat death set in you passive skills. Every character has one that will save you from death. Plus if you did have it set and it went off. You should have got to a save zone if you could. 60 sec count down.

1 Like

You’re missing the point that Haedrig’s Gift every season will by default make Torment Level 16 (max level on console) a breeze. This makes bounties and exploration a complete waste of time outside of achievements. How long does it take to get Haedrig’s Gift at level 70? Maybe a few hours.

A “granted” set shouldn’t make the max torment level obsolete. Some people actually want a challenge outside of Greater Rifts.

So this idea you have that the 16 torment levels in place are necessary for progression is an absolute joke.