Gem of Ease on Follower not working

So, before this season, I could place the Gem of Ease on my follower’s weapon and it would work at a reduced level (I think it was 10% of the stated bonus XP per kill). On this season, placing the Gem of Ease on my follower doesn’t cause a change in the amount of bonus XP per kill that’s reported on my character stats.

Since I didn’t see this change reported in the changes for the update, I’m going to assume that this change is a bug.

Edited a few words for clarity.

Enchantress without a weapon equipped…

Barbarian > Details > Adventure > Bonus Experience per Kill = 831.60

Enchantress with weapon equipped, which has +226 XP per kill secondary on it…

Barbarian > Details > Adventure > Bonus Experience per Kill = 876.80

Enchantress with weapon equipped, which has +226 XP per kill secondary on it, with a Rank 125 Gem of Ease (+6750 XP per kill) inserted…

Barbarian > Details > Adventure > Bonus Experience per Kill = 876.80

So, giving the Enchantress a weapon with +226 XP per kill on it, raised the hero’s XP per kill by 45.2

As 45.2 / 226 = 20% this matches expectations, as the hero is supposed to inherit 20% of the follower’s +Gold Find, +Magic Find and +XP per kill

The issue is that adding the Rank 125 Gem of Ease, which grants +6750 XP per kill, should therefore increase the hero’s XP per kill by an additional 1350 but it is granting no additional bonus.

Certainly seems to be a bug.

4 Likes

Has it ever worked? (I don’t use the Gem of Ease enough to know or remember).

The Bonus XP per Kill on the Gem of Ease does not say Emanates. However, the Level Requirement (removal) affects the item it’s inserted into.

The Followers’ Details Sheet doesn’t even included XP Bonuses… of any kind. (This gives me the impression that this Gem of Ease Property only works when your Character has it equipped).

Yes, heroes are supposed to inherit 20% of their follower’s +XP per kill.

With the axe equipped on the follower…
Expected result = Hero gains 20% of 226 = 45.2
Actual result = Hero gains 20% of 226 = 45.2

With the axe equipped on the follower, with the Gem of Ease inserted…
Expected result = Hero gains 20% of (226 + 6750) = 20% of 6976 = 1395.2
Actual result = Hero gains 20% of 226 = 45.2

Yes, it’s bugged.

1 Like

Since I don’t rely on my follower for dps, I give them the gem as a way to earn a bit of extra XP. It doesn’t make much of a difference at the higher levels, but it does add up.