Gelatinous Spawn disappearing

Hi there, i currently play a Monk with Inna/Ally setup.

I did have multiple occasions now where a Gelatinous Spawn would split once but after getting down the 2 Spawns HP they would disappear. So the second split would not occur and no loot would drop.

Apparently this has been an issue for a couple of seasons now, please look into that.

3 Likes

No need.

You do too much damage so the splitting never occurs.

Player List of Known Issues - #4 on the list.

3 Likes

Would it be more likely that there is a bug in the [cold dmg] shatter effect that is preventing the gelatinous from splitting? (i.e. if there is no corpse, there is nothing to split.)

No. It happens with every build, regardless of damage type.

1 Like

This thing actually finally happened to me for the first time. Annoying, sure, but expected. At least now I can say “yeah, I’ve seen that” but not join the choir.

1 Like

I can confirm this bug still exists as of 4/24/22.

Bug Summary:
Gelatinous Spawns sometimes do not drop loot or split properly.

Repro Rate:
1/5 (This only occurred 1 time for me and I have played in groups where this worked properly. This was the first time encountering a Gelatinous Sire solo though, so it’s possible that my own damage in a group didn’t kill these.)

Steps to Repro:

1. Engage a Gelatinous Sire
  2. Kill Gelatinous Sire; splits into Gelatinous Spawn x2
  3. Kill Gelatinous Spawn x2.
  4. —> Gelatinous Spawns did not split. They did not drop loot either.

Additional Details:
Date/Time ~ 10:25 am (PST) on 4/24/22
BattleTag - Saintbeastie#1251
Build - 81850
Branch - 2.7.3
Gametype - Nephalem Rift
Map - The Vizier’s Illusion 3
Class - Monk
Gear Set - Inna’s Mantra
Elemental Damage - Cold
Primary Damage Dealing Spell - Mystic Ally (Water Ally Rune)
Difficulty - Torment XVI
Number of Players - 1 (solo)

Screenshot available upon request.

Of course this bug still exists. Blizzard has never claimed to have fixed this.

Also, there are no steps to reproduce this. It is random, which is likely why it still hasn’t been fixed. It isn’t just the damage output. Otherwise, this bug should be 100% reproducible on Normal difficulty, since everything is one-shot with any decent build. But it isn’t, at least from my limited testing. The blue goblins will still split normally on Normal difficulty, even when being one-shot and killed rapidly.

Yes, which is why it’s been in the stickied thread of known bugs for almost three years now and, prior to the move to these new forums, it was known about for years on the old forums too. This bug has existed for well over half of Diablo III’s lifetime.

I just repro’d this bug for the second time today. Same steps as before, using Mystic Ally (Water Ally) spell.