Gear/Weapons help

Hello. Very new player, started maybe a week ago. Just got my seasonal character to lvl 70 today and not sure where to go from here.

I know a lot of the builds feel more catered towards players who have played a long time/know how to get insane gear and weapons.

How am I supposed to get those same things when I feel like I tickle anything torment+?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

https://maxroll.gg/d3/resources/haedrigs-gift-gr20-guide
https://maxroll.gg/d3/resources/season-journey

Thanks for your reply! I was looking into getting the GoD set, but have no clue how I’m going to be strong enough to complete some of the challenges in chapter 4 (torment 4 missions). Do I just need to grind other gear or lfg maybe until I can do it?

Send me a friend request (grimmi#1182) and I’ll be glad to help ya out and hook ya up with your DH.

That would be awesome. I’m on console if that makes a difference?

Oof! That does make a difference. I’m only on PC and no cross-platform capability for D3 so I won’t be able help you. Sorry. :frowning:

Ahh was worried about that. Thanks for the offer anyway!

Play on the highest level you are killing relatively fast on. Don’t worry about pushing up very high as higher levels have better rewards, but if it takes forever to kill anything, you lose that advantage. Run whatever rift you can comfortably do to farm Death’s Breaths, shards, and yellow/white/blue mats.

As far as GoD goes, you get the set from Haedrig, so don’t use shards to roll any of those pieces. Try to roll quivers to get 9th Cirri Satchel for a major damage boost, then roll belts to get Hunter’s Wrath for more damage. Use any Death’s Breaths to upgrade rare hand crossbows to get a Dawn or Valla’s Bequest.

IMPORTANT: Do not use shards on weapons or jewelry as the cost per reward is super high especially in early game when mats are hard to come by. Upgrade rare rings/ammys/weapons in the cube using Recipe 3 instead.

If you get the 9th Cirri Satchel and one of the 2 hand crossbows, you should be able to beat the Key Wardens on T4 and do the solo GR20. Once you have the complete set, you will make a major jump in difficulty. Keep pushing as high as it is fairly easy to complete content (rifts/GR’s/bounties).

Don’t lose hope. The early gearing process is a slog, but once you start getting pieces, you make major jumps with every new piece you get.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. A lot of useful information. I actually got the quiver to drop yesterday! As far as “rolling” for the belt, do I do that at the cube? Or do you mean gambling? Same with upgrading for the bows. Is that done in the cube? Sorry for all the beginner questions.

With the quiver, it alone should help you get to T4, as long as you also equip your set pieces that you receive from the Haedrig’s gifts. Remember that you get a total of 3 gifts: one each after completing chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the season journey. So make sure you open the gifts as soon as you receive them (they will come via the in-game mail; there will be a small envelope icon in the lower left corner). The 2 and 4-piece set bonuses will help you play the higher Torment levels.

Finding the belt will be similar to finding any of the items: hoping for a drop from a monster, gambling belts at Kadala, upgrading level 70 rare belts in the cube.

Upgrade Hand crossbows, not Crossbows, using the 3rd recipe in the Cube.
The most useful are Dawn, Fortress Ballista, Valla’s bequest, and K’mart Tenclip.
You can either equip both hand xbows and extract quiver to the cube, or equip the quiver and extract the other hand crossbow.
Gamble at Kadala for the belt and Wraps of Clarity bracers.

Just did it and got dawn on my first try! Thanks you everyone for all the useful tips. Just finished my first solo GR at level 40. Y’all made it super easy.

2 Likes

Gamble all armor pieces and offhands with Kadala.

Yes, use cube to upgrade rares for weapons and jewelry.