Gears of Dreadlands Bug

So I’ve googled around and talked to people in game and have noticed that strafe does not build stacks of momentum. This does not make any sense because according the 4set piece bonus, “strafing against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill.”
So like a lot of people on season 22 I run hungering arrow in my other primary skill slot.

So what can be done to fix this, every 8-12 seconds I have to stop strafing to manually shoot 4-8 hungering arrows to rebuild momentum in order to keep 20 stacks.
The verbiage clearly states that strafe shoots your last used primary skill, and if it’s a primary skill it should build the stacks…

Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

Check any of these 37 threads - Calamity / Gears of Dreadlands

Short version: stop using Calamity.

2 Likes

Read again, this is not about that bug, it’s about manually casting the generator in the first place.

Strafe is not supposed to keep up your Stacks. What you are supposed to do is constantly klicking on your generator while strafing.
You can do this in various ways. I keep strafing on the Keyboard, hold that down all the time and klick my generator with the right mouse button every 1-2 seconds. Of course doing it the other way (strafe on the right mouse button and the generator on the keyboard) works too.

Anyway, just use your generator every second while keeping strafe down and you are good to go. For speed farming keeping up the stacks on 20 constantly is not that important, at least for me it is enough to use the generator every 2-4 seconds in order to one shot everything.

1 Like

In some of those 37 threads you’ll find discussion of exactly the same issue the OP is describing. But, whatever…

1 Like

Use the shift, hold it down while strafing and click every sec to keep momentum.

I don’t use calamity, and the set clearly says strafe will fire your last primary skill. So therefore , if your last used primary skill was a resource generating skill, it should fire it thus building stacks of momentum. It’s not complicated.

This is not a bug. The primaries generated by GoD 4 piece bonus do not generate momentum. You have to cast the primary skill manually to generate momentum. The set is working as intended.

Is hungering arrow not a primary skill? So by using it then using strafe wouldn’t strafe fire a hungering arrrow? Hungering arrow generates energy, so in turn wouldn’t strafe then generate energy and gain momentum because it is firing hungering arrow, which is a primary skill. Makes 0 sense.

Again, you have to manually cast primaries to generate momentum. The primaries autocasted by the GoD 4 piece bonus do not genereate momentum.

It’s working as intended. It makes perfect sense. It’s a design choice so that the build wouldn’t be “a hold down one button wonder” lazy build.

What Kirottu said, but the primaries cast / proc’d by 4pc bonus do proc wraps of clarity and other stuff, so they are not just decorative :slight_smile:

The point of the set is to have to stop (not per se) to refresh your stacks in order to maintain the speed and damage bonus. It’s same for ZdH using 4pc, they still have to manually weave in (usually by force stand still + click of mouse / key assigned to primary skill) entangling / bollas in order to maintain momentum stack, just like pure GoD dps does.

I just find it weird that they called the stacking buff Momentum when the only way to build up stacks of it is to stand still (even if temporarily between running around).