Gear that Followers benefit from (non-emenate)

I don’t know either. I’ve only ever used either cannot die or all skills token for followers… But it should be easy to test.

I really wish you would stop playing forum moderator, Avalon.

Sure it’s an old thread, but it isn’t the end of the world for something old to be refreshed. Especially when new items make the thread relevant again.

But you do you, man. You do you.

2 Likes

If I trigger you just block me.

You’re so funny my guy lol

1 Like

It appears I’m not the one that’s triggered. Don’t like being called on your stupidity, huh?

Whatever you may call it, bumping old posts are frowned upon and there’s nothing wrong with pointing that out. Do not start a forum fight over this.

Do not “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping old threads for no reason (also called “necroing”).

Are we gonna continue the thread? If so I’ll just throw this here but I think St. Archew’s Gage works on Followers. Mind you, my build also use Enforcer so I didn’t throughly tested that.
Maxroll clearly says that it doesn’t but I happen to toss them on my Follower last season and I clearly read “Absorbed” expressions when they deal with elites when they take Molten explosions at GR120 and be fine. There’s no other indication of it working so you may not take my word for it.

However, let me tell you that, Followers falling in battle is not a bad thing. Once Follower kneels down, the aggro will turn onto you directly so you can gather them up and press for more area damage. Bad thing is not knowing when your Follower fell in battle to not get ready for the upcoming aggro of crowd. If your Follower is down and your cooldowns are ticking, it’s time to cut your losses and bail out.

1 Like

But bumping a post simply means replying with the word “bump” which Pzypro didn’t do… besides that you cannot simply write “bump” anymore because of 20 characters.

You also forgot to mention:
" Search
The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, we recommend using search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the information you seek. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming."

This doesn’t mean that I’m a fan of bringing up old threads because it often causes confusion.

Bumping is an acronym for Bring Up My Post. Of course he didn’t do that since he didn’t start the thread but he brought it up to the top. Keywords and semantics. It’d be a lot better if he opened his own thread instead of poking an old thread when the post owners here left perhaps a year ago or more.

Are we gonna continue the thread or keep bickering on this? If community wants to discuss something I guess not even mods can stand in the way of it.

1 Like

Here’s the thing, nak…

Going into a thread just to say, “the necromancer is back…” is bumping the thread too. So yes, it’s pretty stupid to complain about necromancers while also bumping the thread and it isn’t wrong to point that out either.

Just sayin’.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly by writing “bump” (or something similar). Furthermore Pzypro didn’t bring up his own post. His post is the first and only in this thread.
And making a new topic could go against:
" Search
The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, we recommend using search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the information you seek. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming."

Then you post something else instead of asking about Illusory boots on Follower unlike this thread. There are many similar subjects discussed at the same time; subjects, there are many. What are you implying?
That thread necro had issues with Illusory boots and Stone Gauntlets on Followers? No, he posted something completely out of discussion just so he can share his experience. He could do that on a brand new thread and no one would ridicule this.

1 Like

That you are in the wrong.

I mean gratz, you people managed to drag this longer.

He could still open a brand new thread or read the earlier threads and silently come to conclusions. At any time, you can open a thread about synergistic Follower gear for their survival and it wouldn’t be same as this thread. As thread necroing and spamming the same content is frowned upon, no one would question the thread starter’s motive.

1 Like

You don’t seem to understand the guidelines:
*" Do not “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping old threads for no reason (also called “necroing”)." *

Pzypro didn’t reply in order to bump a thread for no reason.

2 Likes

It’s been 2 years since S23 ended. I don’t see any reason personally as all we did to this point was if it’s thread necro for no reason or not. At any time you can open a brand new thread discussing this, without pinging a notification to people who left long ago or quoting year old posts from before.
I did my part and tried to continue the discussion you people continue to discuss forum rules which are clear for me. It may be vague for you but whatever.

1 Like

That explains everything.

1 Like

The point is, Pzypro, Jazz and I offered new relevant posts discussing the subject.

However, Kargon and Avalon didn’t. They were the one’s that simply “bumped” the thread.

If anyone did anything wrong, it was the two of them and that’s an undeniable fact.

4 Likes

The cheat death is definitely reduced by token. It’s 1 minute. At least on hardcore Templar lol. Maybe it’s a bug or an exception and desn’t work on other followers / softcore mode idk.

Have checked many times and whenevr I face a nasty pack and both cheat deaths proc quickly they always come offCD at about the same time. (both 1 minute)

I play on hardcore so checking / knowing these kinds of things is literally life or death for me lol.

I’m surprised that both maxroll and icy veins don’t even consider playing without immortality. If done properly it’s definitely viable and arguably a lot better. It does take a lot more effort to properly gear the followers however - you need ideal defense focused rolls on all gear, both legendary gems, and maybe even augments.

Also yeah sorry for the necro and the pun. Didn’t at all realize. Was doing follower research and stone gauntles in particular and stumbled on this thread, No harm done and looks like several people learned something new :slight_smile: Slightly amused by people who posted multiple times being upset about it.

3 Likes

They probably advocate setups where the follower is guaranteed to never die (which is especially important in hardcore). Also if you play a build where double Unity is recommended it’s adviceable to use the immortality token.
In pet builds where the enforcer gem is used I think it’s mentioned that you don’t have to use the immortality token because the follower also benefits from that gem. I also believe that maxroll and other places have info on how to set up the follower for max tankiness and survivability.

Well in hardcore the follower doesn’t die permanently. Only you die lol :D. They might die sometimes and mess up a run but all the other runs they are alive and greatly helping you with reduced cooldowns or all skills. The trade off is worth it in my opinion.

One thing to be careful about is when your own cheat death is on CD but the follower’s one is not. It’s a rare occurrence but it does happen. There is a small chance that this is a false safety net if the follower AND you dies at the wrong time.

Necro doesnt even use the enforcer gem as pets do no damage pretty much - it’s all AOTD. So any build with pets can keep them alive almost permanently - if I had the enforcer gem on top of it for another 90% DR he would be immortal without the token :P. But also on my nova necro (no pets) my enchantress survives fairly well too.

Nope, the guides don’t have that section. Read them multiple times and never saw it Thats’s why I had no idea what items work or don’t. I can also tell you that on the templar the shield that reduces damage = to his block chance pretty much doubles his toughness if you stack block %. At least I’m pretty sure it works as it’s a massive increase. The guides don’t even mention it. They basically say “followers can’t dps and you must use immortality so that’s what this guide covers”. At least maxroll and icyveins. I havent looked around for smaller sites.