Game lags more @ 64bit than 32bit

I’m pretty sure it’s my PC, it’s 12 years old.

Intel C2D 3.0ghz - 8800GTS 512mb and 4gb ram,

It runs better @ 32bit but is there a way to make it run smooth at 64bit or do I simply have to upgrade my computer?

Hey, smi1ey! This issue sounds a bit like it is due to the hardware resources are limited, the VRAM (512mb) and the RAM (4GB). 32-bit will utilize DirectX9 instead and use less VRAM/Memory on the system.

You can play around with the graphics settings in-game a bit to try and get the game playable on the 64-bit client. Settings like enabling V-sync, lowering the FPS settings, playing around with the texture quality and so on. Each system will run a bit differently, so playing around with these settings to get it just right could get the game running better on 64-bit.

Though I have not seen this cause game lags, I wanted to bring this up in case it may be relevant. There was one situation where we have had reports over Diablo III 64-bit crashing after a Windows 10 update. Here’s the thread where this was reported. The two builds that are experiencing these issues are Version 1903 (Build 18362.535) and 1909 (18363.535). You can check this by press Windows Key + R, and type in winver.

I just discovered checking the two video settings FRAMERATE boxes causes my system to stutter like crazy. Try unchecking the frame rate limits and see if that helps.

I’ll try, thanks both for the replies

Well - my enthusiasm is dampened, stuttering is back; but the time in-between stuttering is filled with much smoother animation, and game play is a lot easier. Just ran through a few Grifts that seemed easier and went more quickly.

But, a few runs were spiky, rubber-bandy, etc.

With the framerate limits OFF, game latency is lower by 10 ms, most the time.

Oh well … last run a had a Primal Ancient show up and I sharded it just as I realized there were white ticks at the top of the frame. Blizz really needs to add better colors for us color blind people.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Shredder - unable to launch game in 32 bit