Game is freezing!

hi guys,

My game is actually freezing like 6-7 sec verry often.

Do u encounter the same problem ?

4 Likes

Ive been having this issue since last season. Happens multiple times in grs and it really loses me alot of time with the freezes and the deaths on top of that

1 Like

This just started happening to me as well. Game freezes for anywhere between 5-10 seconds.
NO packet loss during the issue.

Happening to be also. In town, rifts, gr or any map. every few seconds would freeze a few secs. Sometimes for 10 and game just locks up.

Error code 34200 - No Servers available is the error msg I’m getting.

Happened to me twice in a few days and I ended up dead. I think that the game engine can’t keep up with the density of mobs and skill effects from clone - in my case. I have 1gb fiber so it’s not the internet connection.

yes this please find a fix :((

Yup just died due to this. Only happening since 22 and I can verify about 6 people getting this issue in different countries. Seems to only happen in rifts but may just be confirmation bias

I assume you’re all playing PC version. I realize that my solution to this problem is not at all optimal, but I just got fed up and went back to console because of it. I will wait until they figure out which one of the hamsters has died and replace it, so the wheels can start turning again.

Meanwhile…aside from some occasional slowdowns, my PS4 copy is performing reliably, even during peak hours. For those who don’t do console, my heart goes out to you. I paid out a lot of money to get current with my PC version after years of inactivity, only to find out I’m locked out of the game entirely by connection issues. It’s not great.

For me is not actually freezing but is slowing down a lot and the skills are not working even with the butons animations happening.

i also have the same problem, there is a workaround replacing a dll but the audio is lost and the application becomes a bit unstable

I don’t think I’d recommend digging around in the file system. Messing with that stuff could produce some very unpredictable results. Hell, for all we know, Blizzard might detect a missing file and decide you’re trying to hack.

Suppose you get banned for cheating when all you were trying to do was get the game to run in the first place. How’s that for a ruined day?

I’ve run the dll file for over a year and a half with no issue. They’ll be fine.

Might be time to upgrade your computer. As a MAC user (I know…MAC is not for gaming!) I dealt with lag issues as I was running an old operating system. Finally bit the bullet and bought a new iMac Pro. Now I’m flying. As blizzard adds more things, we will have to keep our upgrade accordingly. It’s like this for all CPU intensive apps.

So far I’ve got 35+ hours and haven’t had any freezing. I think this method of replacing the fmodex64.dll file is a pretty good bet for helping to regain some stability this season. Big thanks to Leviathan for posting this video of how to do it!

Happened to me for the first time last night. I thought I was going to have to do a hard reset, but it finally started up again. Very strange.

Streamers mentioned it has something to do with audio files and there is a temp fix you can do?

EDIT. As per the video above!

i’ve been forced to replace the fmodex64.dll inside the x64 folder. in order to have a fluent experience and now i have to do so every single time i start the game. because i guess the game know that iam useing the wrong fmodex64 file and updates itself as soon as i quit the game. i took the file from Heroes of the Storm. i know that blizzard does not recomend us to do exactly that. but i’ve tryed everything and this is somewhat the last resort for me and i rather play with no sound then freeze 1-5 times each Greater Rift i play i usually diables the sound anyway and hook up spotify in the background